Lithium Auto

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler
Hi Folks,

My name is Bill and I am from a company called Lithium Auto Elixirs. We have developed a new Plastic Trim restoring product ( ok before you roll your eyes:) this one is different. It is a fusion of Graphene and Ceramic and will last 250 washes. Although, some people on Youtube who tried to say that was "impossible" have gone up to 1,450 washes and the product still lasted but we digress.

Nonetheless, Wranglers were basically the reason the product was developed. So what better place to really put the product to the test and get real time feedback than JL Wrangler. Here is how we wanted to set up the contest. However, if you guys have any other suggestions on a better way we would love to hear them.

Just send us a photo of any part of your jeep where the fenders, bumpers, door handles etc. could use some love. We will pick five people a week based on the condition of the plastic and send you a FREE kit. We added some additional information on the product below so you can get a visual.

All we ask is that you post what your Jeep looks like after using the product and let everyone on the forum know your thoughts (good, bad, and ugly) yes we are willing to risk getting our 'you know what's' handed back to us. However, we think it is worth it to make the best product possible. At the end of 5 weeks, we will take the Jeep with the best transformation and the owner will win $350.00 worth of products to keep their Jeep or any other car looking incredible.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto Add a heading (4.75 x 4.75 in) (300 Ă— 250 px) (4.125 Ă— 5 in) (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto bill trim cube_black

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto Add a heading (4.75 x 4.75 in) (300 Ă— 250 px) (3)
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
clever! I got some worn plastic on my 03 tacoma, can that count? (i kid, i kid)

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Are you asking to post pics in this thread? or do you have an email address for this to send to?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Lithium Auto
Hi, Bill. The forward-facing portion of the rear fenders on my Jeep, which are OEM black plastic, have a mildly textured finish/feel. This was caused by road grit, and more precisely, the absence of mudflaps on the front fenders. I suppose repair of the textured surface feel exceeds the scope of your new plastic restorative?

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Lithium Auto
Hi, Bill. The forward-facing portion of the rear fenders on my Jeep, which are OEM black plastic, have a mildly textured finish/feel. This was caused by road grit, and more precisely, the absence of mudflaps on the front fenders. I suppose repair of the textured surface feel exceeds the scope of your new plastic restorative?

x2

OP
OP

Lithium Auto

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler
Can it help with trail rash?
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto CBEAF6C6-2FB6-43BA-BE4C-EF7FBA39F9B9
It can help. However, it depends on how deep the rash is. If you can feel it with your fingernail it will darken it - but you will still be able to see it.

Scratches like you have on the top of the fender definitely. I have attached a pic of an Xterra bumper we had and you can see the depth of the scratches in the right pic. The red line is were we stopped and went and grabbed the camera the left left side was after. so you can see it makes a big difference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto Add a heading (4.75 x 4.75 in) (300 Ă— 250 px) (4.125 Ă— 5 in)

OP
OP

Lithium Auto

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler
Are you asking to post pics in this thread? or do you have an email address for this to send to?
Great question I should have addressed.. We would really like the photos to be posted in the thread. This way, everyone gets to see what we see in real time and also sees the comments as we see them as well as after shots.

We really thought by making folks in the forum part of the process with no safety net it would not only be fun (sort of like a reality show) but everyone could see exactly what the results were without being sold some corporate propaganda. Oh crap we hope this goes well:)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lithium Auto

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler
@Lithium Auto
Hi James, ya it wont fill in the texture but it can make it less noticeable and does a good job of sealing the plastic, thus slowing down oxidation.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto B0015E6B-5219-45E9-AD9F-ADB22683D80E
My Jeep isn’t terrible just yet, but it could use some help. I know it’s just going to get worse over time.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Hi James, ya it wont fill in the texture but it can make it less noticeable and does a good job of sealing the plastic, thus slowing down oxidation.
Understood.

Here's my contribution for your consideration. Thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto tmp-share

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

It can help. However, it depends on how deep the rash is. If you can feel it with your fingernail it will darken it - but you will still be able to see it.

Scratches like you have on the top of the fender definitely. I have attached a pic of an Xterra bumper we had and you can see the depth of the scratches in the right pic. The red line is were we stopped and went and grabbed the camera the left left side was after. so you can see it makes a big difference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Us Your Worst Plastic Contest (5 Winners Per Week) - by Lithium Auto tmp-share
If you select me, I’ll give it a try. 👍
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.