Show us your motorcycle trailer

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Our Wranglers can't tow a 5th wheel, but pulling a loaded motorcycle trailer should be well within the vehicle's wheelhouse. How do you roll when four wheels pulls two? (or three, as I sometimes do.)

----------------------

Port-A-Chopper Dual motorcycle trailer.
Torsion suspension, steel, 550 lbs.
  • Can be disassembled for storage.
  • Fully optioned with wide tire channels, larger wheels/tires, fenders and spare tire.
  • It also has a one-off modification to accommodate locked, nesting storage of the loading ramps.
  • The channel width is fixed, but serendipity allows the Ural's tires to be perfectly centered on each.
  • I added LED lighting and bright reflectives, and wrapped the sum of the wiring harness in Super 88 electrical tape.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer Collapsed
Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer Respray August 2019
Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer Camp check in

I've an almost new Versahaul hitch carrier that was used just twice with my now-sold truck. The combined weight of the carrier and my Suzuki makes its use on the JLU a non-starter.
Sponsored

uralist

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR - Sarge Green
Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation besides an endorsement of your choice of vehicle, trailer, and cargo. I copied the same ramp storage mod that I found on the Ural forums. Guessing that one was yours. Small world! 3.6 manual with stock sport gears and 34s usually tows this like it’s not even there, but a recent trip to Moab with this setup definitely pushed some limits when crossing the continental divide on I-70 through Colorado.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer 4D3AA4AF-A12A-4E8F-9FD2-0565CE98EF56

Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer 1E6B54B5-B1D1-4B43-886B-32D9B7214C10

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation besides an endorsement of your choice of vehicle, trailer, and cargo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show us your motorcycle trailer 1E6B54B5-B1D1-4B43-886B-32D9B7214C10
Wow. I'd have taken long odds that no one would get close to my combination...and you've functionally cloned it. Well done. 🤘

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I had an Aluma Mc trailer. Carried my bike fine the few times I needed to move it

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
I'm sure it would pull a smaller enclosed trailer just fine. Pulled a 6x12 with two road race bikes, spare wheels, canopies, chocks, stands, etc.. for years with a cherokee. Also after using a few different chocks I will only used Baxley chocks. The best option if you're trailering regularly is a pit bull trailer restraint.
Sponsored