Sponsored

Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if a hairdryer might damage the vinyl of the window, as well as a solvent like Bug Off. Maybe there’s only one way to find out.
You just need the hairdryer usually to get the edge of the vinyl decal softened so you can pull it up. Once it gets going additional heat may not be needed. I wouldn't advise holding the hairdryer right up against the vinyl window to avoid damage. Keep it a few inches from the targeted area and keep moving it around to avoid concentrating it.

Read the label on the bug and tar remover before using it on your vinyl windows.....
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Here’s a question in a kind of a different direction: has anyone had any luck removing decals from a vinyl window (like a Trektop window) and, if so, how was it done. TIA
WD-40 is a safe adhesive remover. Try spraying it down and let it soak a few minutes. My last use was to remove two sided carpet tape from wood floors.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
WD-40 is a safe adhesive remover. Try spraying it down and let it soak a few minutes. My last use was to remove two sided carpet tape from wood floors.
I've used Goo Gone to remove stickers and other adhesives on lots of different surfaces. If I remember correctly it's petroleum based? I would try a little spot of it before applying it to a large surface to see if it causes any fogging or worse.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I've used Goo Gone to remove stickers and other adhesives on lots of different surfaces. If I remember correctly it's petroleum based? I would try a little spot of it before applying it to a large surface to see if it causes any fogging or worse.
I applied goo gone to vinyl upholstery once, it ate right through the vinyl. I would not use it on your plastic windows.

Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I applied goo gone to vinyl upholstery once, it ate right through the vinyl. I would not use it on your plastic windows.
Thanks for the heads up. I always check out chemicals, waxes, soaps, etc. before applying. Your example is a perfect reason why.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the heads up. I always check out chemicals, waxes, soaps, etc. before applying. Your example is a perfect reason why.
It was a hail mary, knowing it might blow up. Our dogs had gotten ahold of a ball point pen and got ink all over the light colored sofa cushions. Nothing else had done anything to remove it, I was pretty much resigned to having them recovered but thoght I'd give it a shot.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
It was a hail mary, knowing it might blow up. Our dogs had gotten ahold of a ball point pen and got ink all over the light colored sofa cushions. Nothing else had done anything to remove it, I was pretty much resigned to having them recovered but thoght I'd give it a shot.
I can only imagine the mess...

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Custom decals ordered by one of my customers for his gladiator. Decals are produced by @pixeldecals.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL 20201222_160818

Jeep Wrangler JL Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL 20201222_160854

More on my store.

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
I was stationed at the Naval Hospital in Yokosuka, Japan and this was my licences plate on my Honda Integra, so I put it on the opposite side of the bumper.
20200622_211726.jpg
Great idea, you just inspired me to do something similar. I fell in love with the Wrangler when we hired a JL in Hawaii, a few months later i bought my first Wrangler. I might do something similar with the hawaii license plate we drove as tribute.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
3M makes a decal adhesive remover in a rectangular can with a small spout. O'reillys and other auto parts store carries it. I have used it literally hundreds of times and has never harmed the surface. Be very careful of the Rustoleum spray can of decal remover....it is not kind to every surface!
Sponsored