Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Yep.

i know all about them and have used them. I also have the design tools to create my own files and send to pixeldecals or a few others.
I used PD for this decal and wasn't happy with it. Decal came in 2 pieces 1st was the red for the outline color then a 2nd decal for the flag. Between the 2 decals and the fact the vinyl didn't lay very smoothly, I bagged it. I've been very pleased in the past with PD but not with this particular decal. I'll give Mopar a shot, even at $40 a pop. Of course I'll check the wholesale sites first. I usually find you don't go wrong with the Mopar parts.
Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
LOL.

notice, I didnā€™t say: ā€œfor othersā€ in that statement ..... LOL
I used PD for this decal and wasn't happy with it. Decal came in 2 pieces 1st was the red for the outline color then a 2nd decal for the flag. Between the 2 decals and the fact the vinyl didn't lay very smoothly, I bagged it. I've been very pleased in the past with PD but not with this particular decal. I'll give Mopar a shot, even at $40 a pop. Of course I'll check the wholesale sites first. I usually find you don't go wrong with the Mopar parts.
If you want to talk about options feel free to contact me which I donā€™t think you have yet. Always willing to work with you to help with technique or alternative products! Thereā€™s a very specific reason they are supplied how they are but there are options for sure!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to talk about options feel free to contact me which I donā€™t think you have yet. Always willing to work with you to help with technique or alternative products! Thereā€™s a very specific reason they are supplied how they are but there are options for sure!
Thanks for reply. This was from a few months ago. Actually forgot about it until these recent posts. As I said I've been very pleased with my other decals ordered from you guys and won't hesitate to use you again.

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So I ordered a couple of Jeep Wave stickers. I am planning on putting it on the back of the driver's side mirror or the back window. This got me thinking, what stickers have people put on there new jeeps so far?
Donā€™t even have my Jeep yet (itā€™s still being baked in the oven) but should be done sometime next month. Already have plans for a custom rear window decal of ā€œGod Bless Americaā€ - but written in Morse Code. ā˜ŗ Will look perfect on my 2021 Sarge Green Willys JLU. Also adding a 15ā€ Oscar Mike star offset on the driver side hood, and a couple of black flag decals to the side vents. I sometimes wonder if Iā€™m former military from another lifetime. LOL!

Rycam

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Moab Firecracker Red, 2015 Dodge Durango R/T - white, red leather, blacktop pkg (traded), 1995 Mustang GT convertible, Lexus RX350
Thanks! These decal part #'s aren't readily found.
you are welcome! I fell in love with these when I saw a photo of the recon but was not able to find part #'s either. My uncle has a buddy that is a Mopar parts guy that found it for me. Happy to help!

Sponsored

Rycam

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU Moab Firecracker Red, 2015 Dodge Durango R/T - white, red leather, blacktop pkg (traded), 1995 Mustang GT convertible, Lexus RX350
$40 each? Woof.
I totally agree, as I replied above, fell in love with them, got the price from my Uncle's parts guy and declined. My wife called my Uncle and had them ordered for me for our anniversary gift... Can't refuse a gift ya know. :)

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Newest additions to a growing collection. My wife and kids tell me I'm running out of room. I tell them I still have the rear quarter panels and roof (when it's on). LOL :CWL: Got these from a guy on Etsy. He sent some samples along with the treeline/mountain decals, including the 9/11 one that I really liked and had never seen before. Added it to the installed collection!

PXL_20201019_211408955.jpg

PXL_20201019_211435548.jpg

PXL_20201017_212332562.jpg

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
this is the boxes that they came in, part numbers for right and left as they are sold individually.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL PXL_20201017_212332562
Recon vent decals came today. Definitely more costly than some other similar decals but I can't argue with the results of going with Mopar. I was able to apply them myself and I felt comfortable doing it. The Mopar decals come in a one piece decal and the transfer paper is cut to help align the decal. After applying the vent decals I removed the "Jeep" decal. Thinking of going back to the original "Jeep" badge that came with the Jeep.

IMG_0786 (2).JPG

IMG_0791 (2).JPG

Sponsored

Rycam

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recon vent decals came today. Definitely more costly than some other similar decals but I can't argue with the results of going with Mopar. I was able to apply them myself and I felt comfortable doing it. The Mopar decals come in a one piece decal and the transfer paper is cut to help align the decal. After applying the vent decals I removed the "Jeep" decal. Thinking of going back to the original "Jeep" badge that came with the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL TWO2POINTOH

Jeep Wrangler JL Show the stickers / decals you've added to your Jeep Wrangler JL TWO2POINTOH
Looking good! Totally agree with you on mopar quality and ease of application! The paper ā€œtemplateā€ made lining it up a breeze!

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Looking good! Totally agree with you on mopar quality and ease of application! The paper ā€œtemplateā€ made lining it up a breeze!
Would love to know more about the application process? Did you guys follow a video? Were instructions included with the decals? I have two on order and hope to get them done next week.

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
I traded mine in for the Jeep. I couldnā€™t have both. It was the right choice, but I miss the SS a lot.

I sold my G8 GT when I bought my Jeep. Definitely miss it but the Jeep has been more fun, surprisingly.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to know more about the application process? Did you guys follow a video? Were instructions included with the decals? I have two on order and hope to get them done next week.
There are a few videos out there that show how to apply a vent decal and I'd advise you watch some of them to get an idea of techniques us ed. I did not find one specific to the Mopar decal though. You'll see when you get it and hold it up to your Jeep how it aligns to the vent. Biggest decision is a dry install vs a wet install. At 40 a pop I went with the wet install so I had some flexibility in aligning the decal. Used an old Rapid-Tack spray bottle with water and a drop of dish soap (no more rapid-tack in bottle). Once I was comfortable in dry fitting the decal around the vent I sprayed the fender surface and after removing the backing paper I sprayed the back of decal too. Then I lined it up around the vent, applied it and used a credit card to carefully smooth and push out the water from the underside of decal. I let mine set up for several minutes to help it adhere before removing the transfer paper. Before removing the transfer paper I sprayed it with the water solution to soften the paper up and then carefully removed it while using the credit card to smooth any areas of the decal that might need attention during this process. If there are any small air bubbles present after removing the transfer paper the sun and heat should help these go away over time. Or you can use a pin to pop the bubble and then smooth it out.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Treoguy,

Everything WRGLR-JL said is spot-on. I have now put on a fair number of different decals in large, medium, and small sizes, and for me the wet method is by far the best and least stressful, as it gives you time to get things in position. As stated, there are multiple YouTube videos out there that talk about the method in general, and some specific decal types. Overall, though, I found the vent decals to be some of the easier ones to do. Mine came with a credit card-shaped plastic piece to help smooth out the decal and gently remove as many bubbles as possible. I kept it and have used it for all decals since, but a credit card will do. You can also buy one of the plastic pieces online.

I used an old Glass Plus bottle, fully rinsed, to mix a few drops of dishwashing liquid with water. That works perfectly as a sprayer, but you can also get a new one like Home Depot sells that sprays well and is cheap. Just eyeball your placement by holding it up next to the vent, peel the back off, spray the (clean) area where you will be placing it, spray the back of the decal, and carefully place on the vehicle. Once happy with placement, gently use your plastic card to smooth out the bubbles and remove excess air and water from under the decal. I go from the middle out toward the edges, and depending on the decal, you may want to go parallel with the design. My flag ones were like that and I pushed in line with strips so I wouldn't damage them.

Once you think you've done all you can, let it sit and dry before carefully peeling the backing off. I will admit I am usually impatient and want to see the results as soon as possible, so probably start earlier rather than later, but never immediately after installation. Once the top backing is off you'll be able to see any remaining air bubbles. Be very careful about pressing too hard trying to get them out or you could damage your hard work. I usually place a piece of the decal backing between the card and area I am trying to smooth out and that works well. A gentle prick of a pin in the middle of larger bubbles will generally work well, but be careful about pressing too hard afterwards or you may crease/tear the decal. Don't panic if you see several bubbles left. 99% of them will disappear over the next few days just from the warmth of the sun on them. Some people will use a hair dryer or light heat from a heat gun to speed that process. Haven't tried that, as I haven't needed to, but I can see how that would be effective.

Two last thoughts: Make sure when you install your decals your engine bay is cool. If you install while still warm, that heat will dry your spray almost as fast as you apply it and your decal will want to stick and not move without a ton of spray and semi-panic. I might be speaking from experience on some others I put on... And lastly, the toughest section of the vent decals to install is where they butt up against the actual vents. Some people take the vent off, but to me that is painful. I would recommend trimming your backing paper down to the edge of the decal to minimize the overhang so that when you install it's pretty much in place already. Remember, after you peel the final backing off you can spray a little more water in there and smooth out if part of it has not fully attached yet. Your plastic card will help get that edge in there, too.

That was a lot to read. Sorry about that, but hope some of it helps! :like:

IMG_20190918_180542.jpg
Sponsored