Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Z9, extremely impressive to say the least. I shoot a D850 and D810, I have so much glass, mostly AF-S G lens primes from 20mm to 500mm, and a couple of AF-S G lens zooms, that I have not switched to mirrorless. I think a Z7 II with an adaptor would fit my needs if I ever switch. Doing stuff to my Jeep has kind of put my NAS (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) on hold for a while. You guys think Jeeps just empty every pocket, try taking up photography :CWL::CWL::CWL:
LOL, yeah. I think I have more money invested in camera gear than my whole Jeep cost me, ha!

I have to alternate what I spend my money on each year, to not go broke buying gear. 2022 was a "Nikon" year (and a puppy year, but that's another story). The year before was a "Jeep" year. This year will be a Jeep year again, I think. My build is only half complete and I need to get back to work on it, lol.

I will say, all my old F-mount glass adapts superbly well on the mirrorless. With the caveat that AF-S D lenses (with the screw-drive autofocus) will not autofocus on the FTZ adapter. Also, older full-manual lenses with an aperture ring WILL work, but there's no aperture feeler on the adapter so you can't get the aperture in the metadata. That's no big deal though. And that vintage glass benefits a LOT from the electronic viewfinder & focus peaking showing you exactly the exposure and focus you're getting, too.

I kept my D850 as a backup. But I shoot a lot of wildlife, so moving to the Z9 with the incredible autofocus system was worth it.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
Beautiful beach day today here on the Cape!
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 032723_1

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 032723_5

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
That view is breathtaking. I know every jeep owner wants to go to Moab, but come on... scenery like that is why.
Exactly. On my bucket list of trips to make from Texas with my ride. :like:

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From a recent trip around Roosevelt Lake to make the climb to Asbestos Point here in Arizona.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 8cF4YFiPdkRxG6zzPC4TSSsf=w2048-h1365-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 8cF4YFiPdkRxG6zzPC4TSSsf=w2048-h1365-no?authuser=0

Sweet pics! Have never seen posts from this area. Thanks for sharing. :like:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Exactly. On my bucket list of trips to make from Texas with my ride. :like:
My dream trips start in Texas too. One of my favorites is a trip through New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada. I wanna see some extraterrestrial highway stuff, the grand canyon, and las vegas of course.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My dream trips start in Texas too. One of my favorites is a trip through New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada. I wanna see some extraterrestrial highway stuff, the grand canyon, and las vegas of course.
Big Bend. Cannot recommend it enough. Truly worth the trip and the stars at night. Holy cow... Plus, Terlingua is an otherworldly experience...

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Back when Hulk was (mostly) stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 201012-Fall Colours Run-039

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos Gooderham Trail - 17 August 2019 00008

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 191005-Second_Trail_Run_Hulk-034
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 191005-Second_Trail_Run_Hulk-027
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 200518-The Covid Files-012
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 220416-Durham 4x4 Lingham Hydro Line Spring run-025
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 220416-Durham 4x4 Lingham Hydro Line Spring run-067

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Big Bend. Cannot recommend it enough. Truly worth the trip and the stars at night. Holy cow... Plus, Terlingua is an otherworldly experience...
Adding that to the list. Love places where you get less light pollution and can see the full extent of the night sky.