Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That's an excellent suggestion. When I get back in the air, I will have to see if this drone has such a setting.

I was just thinking about how much I tend to suck at things starting out. I made all the mistakes my first year as a truck driver. I backed through a building, ran over a fire hydrant, and the list just goes on and on. I got all the mistakes out of the way up front, and then I got pretty good at my job. I think I'm off to a good start with drones. I know how to cut myself, and how to crash. Now I just need to learn how to fly. :CWL:

I'll get there.
Well flying a drone was an expensive learning curve for me. The return to home feature on my drone happens when the battery get low. I am standing under a big walnut tree in my back yard because it is very sunny out. The battery is getting low, I fly it to me to land it. As I am landing it, it says low battery returning to home. Up it goes through the tree, causing it to crash. $200 to repair it. Note to self, don't fly under trees when the battery is low.

I few it under a bridge to take a pic. The pic was in my eyes very cool.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633684397071

Grazed the bridge trying to fly back out. and sunk the drone in the creek. Yup $200 to fix it again. Fuck. Practice practice practice. It has been a while since my last crash thank god. Just know you are not alone in the struggle.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Grazed the bridge trying to fly back out. and sunk the drone in the creek. Yup $200 to fix it again. Fuck. Practice practice practice. It has been a while since my last crash thank god. Just know you are not alone in the struggle.
I actually feel a lot better now. It helps take some of the sting out of the fact that my new nickname at work is Ace. "How's the hand, Ace?" Yeah, yeah, har de har. :CWL:

Also, the pic under the bridge was cool. Maybe not $200 cool, but it was cool.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Well flying a drone was an expensive learning curve for me. The return to home feature on my drone happens when the battery get low. I am standing under a big walnut tree in my back yard because it is very sunny out. The battery is getting low, I fly it to me to land it. As I am landing it, it says low battery returning to home. Up it goes through the tree, causing it to crash. $200 to repair it. Note to self, don't fly under trees when the battery is low.

I few it under a bridge to take a pic. The pic was in my eyes very cool.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633684397071

Thanks to a handful of you guys I was considering getting a drone just for jeep shots when we go out wheeling, but I think I'm going to hold off. I have enough hobbies that take my money already. My kids have had a few little rc helicopters and drones, they were fun to play with but broke quickly, three boys don't take long to break anything, but they're getting older and realize the value of their own stuff.

maybe one day I'll buy one but for now I'll just appreciate all the pics you guys post

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 8672E1F1-974D-4EE1-9E24-88BDD3F88B6E
Last week in one of the Redwood state parks.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase