Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
SW Colorado

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1004210945_HDR

Living on the Central Coast of Califiornia means very little seasonal change to the local outdoors scene. Last week I traveled a new to me Hwy. 150 byway in Utah and very much enjoyed the fall colors of the Aspens.
40.756506, -110.879859

Beautiful guys! Gotta love those fall colors!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Awesome! I love drone shots, and hope to see many of them. i wheel alone too and usually set my camera up on a tripod with a shutter remote to get action shots. It comes down to luck with how in focus they are. Drone videos always look good
I think I'm going to get my Part 107 too. I don't really see where I would ever need to be legal to fly a drone commercially, but I've looked at some exam prep stuff, and I could get through this easily. Even though my channel is not monetized, Youtube puts ads on my videos, and it seems like the safest way to avoid even a hint of trouble. I like to avoid imperial entanglements.

I'll go ahead and drop off today's scenic photos while I'm here.

This first one isn't a Jeep photo, but it's a cool dog photo at a locale made possible by the Jeep, so I'm posting it anyway!

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633401955949

They were calling for rain all day, and I didn't even plan to go wheeling today. The sky was really pretty reflecting off my hood on my way west.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633401824819

It was pretty reflecting off my hood at the edge of the cliff too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633401872900

Then I snapped a few in this place where somebody an unknown distance ago in time scooped out a bunch of coal. It's a good out of the way place to air up, and pee the dog.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633402126163

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633402180120
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633402208701

Sponsored

thepz

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I think I'm going to get my Part 107 too. I don't really see where I would ever need to be legal to fly a drone commercially, but I've looked at some exam prep stuff, and I could get through this easily. Even though my channel is not monetized, Youtube puts ads on my videos, and it seems like the safest way to avoid even a hint of trouble. I like to avoid imperial entanglements.

I'll go ahead and drop off today's scenic photos while I'm here.

This first one isn't a Jeep photo, but it's a cool dog photo at a locale made possible by the Jeep, so I'm posting it anyway!

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 20210918_171640

They were calling for rain all day, and I didn't even plan to go wheeling today. The sky was really pretty reflecting off my hood on my way west.

It was pretty reflecting off my hood at the edge of the cliff too.

Then I snapped a few in this place where somebody an unknown distance ago in time scooped out a bunch of coal. It's a good out of the way place to air up, and pee the dog.

I love drone shots! I have a drone too, but there’s hardly any place to fly here by OBX. The whole Hatteras National Seashore is nothing but a no fly zone. I hope to one day go out west to go off-roading and take footage with my drone. I’d love to see your drone shots!

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I love drone shots! I have a drone too, but there’s hardly any place to fly here by OBX. The whole Hatteras National Seashore is nothing but a no fly zone. I hope to one day go out west to go off-roading and take footage with my drone. I’d love to see your drone shots!
I'm not off to the best start as a drone pilot so far. I logged about 2.5 seconds of flight time before inflicting serious injury on a human being. Namely, myself. This shot was after I washed off all the blood. My hand looks like I tried to punch a cheese grater. I immediately destroyed all four propellers too.

I'm a newbie, but I'm not an imbecile. I've flown quad copters before. This thing is supposed to be intelligent, and capable of flying itself. I did the initial setup, calibrated stuff, and got all the right go fly lights, then I hit the automatic takeoff button. It lifted to about 4' as it should have, and then went ape shit. I'm extremely glad it didn't hit me in the face, because it could have blinded me very easily. I have a new respect for all the FAA regulations now.

My next experiment with this thing will be in a field, at least 100' away from the whirling scalpels of death, with a 12 gauge at my side. If it comes at me again, I'm going to shoot the damn thing out of the sky!

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633514822891

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not off to the best start as a drone pilot so far. I logged about 2.5 seconds of flight time before inflicting serious injury on a human being. Namely, myself. This shot was after I washed off all the blood. My hand looks like I tried to punch a cheese grater. I immediately destroyed all four propellers too.

I'm a newbie, but I'm not an imbecile. I've flown quad copters before. This thing is supposed to be intelligent, and capable of flying itself. I did the initial setup, calibrated stuff, and got all the right go fly lights, then I hit the automatic takeoff button. It lifted to about 4' as it should have, and then went ape shit. I'm extremely glad it didn't hit me in the face, because it could have blinded me very easily. I have a new respect for all the FAA regulations now.

My next experiment with this thing will be in a field, at least 100' away from the whirling scalpels of death, with a 12 gauge at my side. If it comes at me again, I'm going to shoot the damn thing out of the sky!

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 1633521385355
that sounds like some expensive skeet shooting!