TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure you're right on that. We ran a modified 1 day version of it from Jerome to Williams, wrapping in Sycamore Point and it made for a great weekend trip!

There's a current closure on the Great Western Trail portion of Old 354 just south of Williams. Our group discovered a massive washout that is impassable. Forest Service says it'll be closed for about 1-2 years, which sucks. You can bypass it by skipping Old 354 and using Jerome-Perkinsville Road into Williams.

(BTW, if you're local to AZ, you should check out Offroad Passport. Wonderful group of people doing day runs and overland-style trips on the regular.) We've also got a FB group.
Thank you for the info, this is high on the to-do list. I am in Gilbert so I'll check out that group for sure!
Sponsored

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Did you get lightheaded on the way up to the telescope? I've heard of that happening due to the altitude change.
No, but it could easily happen. We were warned to stop at the snack / rest area on the way up to acclimate to the altitude and it helped. (Sorry I'm so late to reply to your question.)

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
That pass looks like a lot of fun. I can hear my wife cringing now! lol

Sponsored

j.stotts

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
You should start a thread and report out about the trip with plenty of pictures so we can all enjoy it with you. These shots must just be a teaser......
Thank you, there seems to be a lot of love for my photography so I may just do that. “Adventures w/ j.stotts”

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
That first picture you posted is the reason I want to do Black Bear Pass.....ironically, it's also the reason I probably never will 😄 that's a long way down.

Great pictures!
The weather was great. The trail at the steps was dry and had good grip. There was water and ice higher up, but wasn't a problem. It was awesome. Go with someone you trust Jeeping with and you'll have a blast.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
That pass looks like a lot of fun. I can hear my wife cringing now! lol
My wife didn't cringe, she stayed home😂 It was a "send a postcard" kind of run for her. She says have fun and show me the pictures afterwards...🤠

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
My wife didn't cringe, she stayed home😂 It was a "send a postcard" kind of run for her. She says have fun and show me the pictures afterwards...🤠
LOL, well post up more pics in the future. Looks like an incredible area. Heading to Lead Queen Mountain near Radium BC tomorrow. Not a challenging trail, but the views should be great. Snow will be closing the trails soon so want to get out as much as I can.

Sponsored

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 20210926_134905
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos 20210926_172931
Sponsored