Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I have always said, "Make sure you put away for tomorrow, but don't forget to live today." When I was 23 years old an old guy to me back then at work said, "make sure you travel and take your kids with you. Show them and yourself that the world is bigger than your hometown. The kids will never remember when as parents we bought new leather furniture or put a deck on the house. They will remember all the great places you take them." So at 23 of age, I came home and told my wife that we were going to set aside five grand a year to travel on and we did. It was tough at times and at times, it required a lot of overtime to make it happen. It did happen and it payed off. My oldest son called home from the Army Boot Camp and on his first real phone call that he could actually talk, he talked about the struggles of being in boot camp and how he looked back at doing cool stuff while traveling helped him get through some of the challenges. Both of my kids will often say remember when we went..........

So don't wait the eleven years. Make plans today and just do it.
absolutely great advice. now that you follow me on IG you can see that i already live what you said.
my parents had campers/motorhomes when my brother and i were kids. we always went camping all over michigan, and some of the surrounding states. we were not "lets go to the beach " people, we always went someplace new each year. Later in life, my parents bought a Harley, which i got hooked on. I rode w my parents from michigan to Sturgis, Michigan to DC for Rolling Thunder, and of course the Dragon. The coolest trip though, Memorial day weekend, all back roads to Jim Beam, Makers mark, Jack, Memphis, Indy and home. 2k miles, 4 days, and probably one of the best trips ever. fast forward to life now being just my son and I, got my Jeep Dec of 18, and we have done several of the trails in Va, Virginia Beach, we went to Florida last year for a week, (when we were leaving Daytona Speed way he asked me "dad do you think christel (my x) would have liked this, and i said you already know the answer. That is when it really hit me that i was glad to be single) Atlanta, then home then to Bowling Green Kentucky. He has been all over the place. Just like you i work OT when i can, work a part time painting with a friend all so that Ryan and i can go places and do things. He absolutely loves that it is just him and i so there is never any debating or arguing over "what to do" at 11 years old, he has been more places, to more drag races, and sporting events then i did at his age lol. I love every minute of it with him and wouldnt change it for the world.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
absolutely great advice. now that you follow me on IG you can see that i already live what you said.
my parents had campers/motorhomes when my brother and i were kids. we always went camping all over michigan, and some of the surrounding states. we were not "lets go to the beach " people, we always went someplace new each year. Later in life, my parents bought a Harley, which i got hooked on. I rode w my parents from michigan to Sturgis, Michigan to DC for Rolling Thunder, and of course the Dragon. The coolest trip though, Memorial day weekend, all back roads to Jim Beam, Makers mark, Jack, Memphis, Indy and home. 2k miles, 4 days, and probably one of the best trips ever. fast forward to life now being just my son and I, got my Jeep Dec of 18, and we have done several of the trails in Va, Virginia Beach, we went to Florida last year for a week, (when we were leaving Daytona Speed way he asked me "dad do you think christel (my x) would have liked this, and i said you already know the answer. That is when it really hit me that i was glad to be single) Atlanta, then home then to Bowling Green Kentucky. He has been all over the place. Just like you i work OT when i can, work a part time painting with a friend all so that Ryan and i can go places and do things. He absolutely loves that it is just him and i so there is never any debating or arguing over "what to do" at 11 years old, he has been more places, to more drag races, and sporting events then i did at his age lol. I love every minute of it with him and wouldnt change it for the world.
These are the stories that I love to read about. I have some great stories about motorcycling with my kids. One of the best ones is my youngest bought his own motorcycle a Ninja 650 and said one day while he was a senior in HS, that when he graduated that he was going to rid the the Pacific Ocean. We planned out a 30 day 8,000 mile motorcycle ride from Michigan to the Pacific Ocean and back. It was is still the most epic trip that I have ever done. I often look back at that trip. We did other motorcycle trips also, but that was epic. I will leave it at that or otherwise I will be here typing for days.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
These are the stories that I love to read about. I have some great stories about motorcycling with my kids. One of the best ones is my youngest bought his own motorcycle a Ninja 650 and said one day while he was a senior in HS, that when he graduated that he was going to rid the the Pacific Ocean. We planned out a 30 day 8,000 mile motorcycle ride from Michigan to the Pacific Ocean and back. It was is still the most epic trip that I have ever done. I often look back at that trip. We did other motorcycle trips also, but that was epic. I will leave it at that or otherwise I will be here typing for days.
That is something i will do at some point. My dad and i did an iron butt ride 1100 miles in 18 hours. Mich to stl to indy over near Chicago to home. He was on an ultra and i was on my wide glide that was fun.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That is something i will do at some point. My dad and i did an iron butt ride 1100 miles in 18 hours. Mich to stl to indy over near Chicago to home. He was on an ultra and i was on my wide glide that was fun.
Very cool, I am also a member of the Iron Butt Association. I did my first 1000 mile Saddlesore 1000 mile ride around Lake Michigan. I have done several iron butt rides. Longest ride under 24 hours is from Lansing Michigan to Sturgis SD. It was 1240 or so miles.

I just sold my last motorcycle about 3 months ago. I put approx 80,000 miles on a Concours-14 and rode it in all 48 lower states. Just like Jeeping, I have thousands of scenic motorcycle photos from all over the country. I basicly got out of motorcycles because I had been pretty much everwhere that I wanted to go on a motorcycle and was just not feeling it anymore. I started on motorcycle at 5 and rode up until this year.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Very cool, I am also a member of the Iron Butt Association. I did my first 1000 mile Saddlesore 1000 mile ride around Lake Michigan. I have done several iron butt rides. Longest ride under 24 hours is from Lansing Michigan to Sturgis SD. It was 1240 or so miles.

I just sold my last motorcycle about 3 months ago. I put approx 80,000 miles on a Concours-14 and rode it in all 48 lower states. Just like Jeeping, I have thousands of scenic motorcycle photos from all over the country. I basicly got out of motorcycles because I had been pretty much everwhere that I wanted to go on a motorcycle and was just not feeling it anymore. I started on motorcycle at 5 and rode up until this year.
thats pretty awesome....

Riverduck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Security Contractor (Retired Military)
Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee
Jeep Wrangler JL Show Off Your Scenic Jeep Photos F82F2675-C929-4E2F-A841-8A292208BF36
There's a nice little restaurant is in that neck of the woods if you're ever up that way again. The Topoca River Tavern serves a mean burger.
Sponsored