omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I love drone shots! I have a drone too, but there’s hardly any place to fly here by OBX. The whole Hatteras National Seashore is nothing but a no fly zone. I hope to one day go out west to go off-roading and take footage with my drone. I’d love to see your drone shots!
I'm not off to the best start as a drone pilot so far. I logged about 2.5 seconds of flight time before inflicting serious injury on a human being. Namely, myself. This shot was after I washed off all the blood. My hand looks like I tried to punch a cheese grater. I immediately destroyed all four propellers too.

I'm a newbie, but I'm not an imbecile. I've flown quad copters before. This thing is supposed to be intelligent, and capable of flying itself. I did the initial setup, calibrated stuff, and got all the right go fly lights, then I hit the automatic takeoff button. It lifted to about 4' as it should have, and then went ape shit. I'm extremely glad it didn't hit me in the face, because it could have blinded me very easily. I have a new respect for all the FAA regulations now.

My next experiment with this thing will be in a field, at least 100' away from the whirling scalpels of death, with a 12 gauge at my side. If it comes at me again, I'm going to shoot the damn thing out of the sky!

1633514822891.png

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not off to the best start as a drone pilot so far. I logged about 2.5 seconds of flight time before inflicting serious injury on a human being. Namely, myself. This shot was after I washed off all the blood. My hand looks like I tried to punch a cheese grater. I immediately destroyed all four propellers too.

I'm a newbie, but I'm not an imbecile. I've flown quad copters before. This thing is supposed to be intelligent, and capable of flying itself. I did the initial setup, calibrated stuff, and got all the right go fly lights, then I hit the automatic takeoff button. It lifted to about 4' as it should have, and then went ape shit. I'm extremely glad it didn't hit me in the face, because it could have blinded me very easily. I have a new respect for all the FAA regulations now.

My next experiment with this thing will be in a field, at least 100' away from the whirling scalpels of death, with a 12 gauge at my side. If it comes at me again, I'm going to shoot the damn thing out of the sky!

1633514822891.png
that sounds like some expensive skeet shooting!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S / GMC 1500AT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Reinen

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
IMG_5995.png

The scale of the place is incredible. You can't see sky to the sides when you look out the side windows.
Now that pic looks real (and a very nice canyon). There's just something about the other pic which makes me think I could pick up one of those Jeeps and put it in my pocket. IDK exactly what it is about it.

Reinen

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Peter Sinks, UT.
Site of the 2nd coldest temperature ever recorded in the contiguous US (-69.3 F on 1 FEB 1985). One of few places on Earth with an inverted tree line. Even in summer, the bottom of Peter Sinks rarely goes 4 days without freezing.

1633537317065.png

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement