Sponsored

Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!!

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That's where I was going. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of mind haha
I'd personally just do the outer half of the wheel aside from the o-ring face, and not the inner half then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to keep that clean.
Sponsored

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
I'd personally just do the outer half of the wheel aside from the o-ring face, and not the inner half then you wouldn't have to worry about trying to keep that clean.
That outer piece comes off obviously, so that would be done and to your point the inside stays black. I agree, that's the right move. Plus there will be a bit of contrast as well. Thanks again!

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I have 5 of these in my cart with a decent discount for a wheel that never discounts. Lately I've been contemplating just goin with some Icon Rebounds but the true beadlock just brings me back to them. Someone nudge me or talk me off the ledge lol

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
By any chance anyone powder coat a set? I bought them in black, but I'm thinking of powder coating the entire face white, the"ring" outside the bolts white, or inside the "ring" white. I have a white JLUR and am going with a black and white theme. I did body colored Hauk front and rear bumpers as well as fenders, so I'm thinking it would look ok. I included a VERY rough mockup in all white, if anyone has thoughts. Would like opinions as I obviously can't easily go back, lol. Thanks all!
IMG_20201012_143829x2.png

White on a wheel isn't a great idea. If you go that way be sure to ceramic coat them to help keep them clean. Every wheel will attract a crazy amount of debris. You see it the worst on white.

I've been in the wheel game for 10 years and always tell people that if they choose white wheels there is zero warranty on the coating when it gets filthy cause it always happens.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So I have 5 of these in my cart with a decent discount for a wheel that never discounts. Lately I've been contemplating just goin with some Icon Rebounds but the true beadlock just brings me back to them. Someone nudge me or talk me off the ledge lol
I own them and have had them since 18. I love them. Here is why. First and foremost they are bulletproof. The other is you won’t see any others so I like not having my Jeep look like everyone else’s. There are about 5 standard wheels everyone seems to buy and these are not one of them so you will look different.

I only have one regret, they are heavy.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had these wheels on my shortlist and almost pulled the trigger a few times. I went a different direction for two reasons. First, I'm convinced they have too much backspacing. (for me) Second, I don't like the valve stem placement. It appears too exposed/vulnerable to me. I've seen a valve stem get pulled out by a rock (it wasn't a Hutch Rock Monster) so its something high on my list when looking at wheels. I've never actually seen these wheels in person so I'm just basing that off of internet pictures. I do like a lot about the wheel and that they say DOT approved on them.

I previously had the Mopar beadlock capable wheels (diff sources claim it as 4.5 and 5" BS) and had significant rubbing of the front tires at the location where the sway bar connects to the sway bar end link. It would only happen when a front corner was fully compressed and that tire was turned all the way to the inside. I thought I was going to pop a tire a couple times.

I ended up going with a KMC XD229 Machete Beadlock Wheel with 3.5" of BS and the rubbing has gone away but just barely. I think a 4" BS wheel would have been about perfect. For reference I have the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger and a 12.5" wide 37" tire. If running 13.50 wide tire the 4" BS may still rub.

I'd say if someone is an occasional off-roader that wants a beadlock, than the Rock Monsters are a great choice. If you are someone that goes off-roading a lot, you may need to consider less backspacing depending on how you have your Jeep setup. Metalcloak uses a very long front swaybar end link that puts that rub point up higher than many other setups. Its needed due to the long travel of the springs/suspension to keep your sway bar from flipping (bad).

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find them discounted?

AJ007

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl 2020
Can u fit in these wheels 37x13.5R17 Interco M16 SS
Since they are 17x8.5 ??

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! ED131CE6-3C22-430D-A8FC-C7FCED692AE0

Got my spare mounted tonight. I’ll see if it holds air overnight. The hardest part was getting the stem through the bracket without bending it. I’m hoping to get the other 4 mounted this weekend. I’m curious to see if I have balance issues. If I do, I’ll try beads when I jump to 37’s. I think I need to put some mesh over the 2 holes in the beadlock if I go with the balancing beads.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! 2C0F30A2-1DB9-46D2-B45A-A6CDE5BF6076

No major balance issues even without beads. There might be a vibration, or its just road feedback. The TPMS is losing its mind. It keeps sorting itself out though, so far.
I’m also curious who’s running what with BL-107’s or the other ones (106’s?). I’m interested in the M16’s after some more reading. Still defaulting to Irok radials though since I know they’ll work.

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
14.50” wide on this wheel going to have what rubbing issues ?? What do I do to fix it. I have one mounted it looks fine. But it’s on my spare wheel. Im not home to Mount the other 4 when I get home in a month or two. What will I need to do to keep from rubbing. 3.5” MC GC and I use it. Not just a mall crawler.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Comptroller
Anyone getting debris stuck in their bead? I’ve had to re-assemble 2 now due to wood pieces getting jammed in there and causing slow leaks. I’m thinking this is more of a PNW problem than an actual issue with the wheel.
Sponsored