Show off your Diesel JL build!

StormTropper

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara High Altitude
Shit too bad I can’t do any of that emissions stuff in California. Land of the not so free in many ways
Damn that's unfortunate :/ aren't there any loopholes? And the pedal commander will not effect your emissions if I recall correctly
Sponsored

StormTropper

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
60 Days in this is my diesel build. Did 3k miles and then added lift and tires. Waiting on my Tazer to update spedo etc. I have noticed a slight decrease in power but I have no trouble going 85 (parts of Utah do have 85 as a speed limit) Gas mileage has dipped about 2 mpg. Hopefully we will be in the dirt tomorrow.

TERAFLEX ST3 KIT W FALCON 3.3 SHOCKS
FRONT 1 INCH SPRING SPACERS TERAFLEX
TERAFLEX ALPHA TIRE CARRIER
BFG KO2 ALL TERRAIN 37X12.50R17 Daily commuter
FUEL D608 ENDURO WHEELS 17 INCH

2021Jeep-3.jpg
Looks badass! What's your opinion on the terraflex?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
60 Days in this is my diesel build. Did 3k miles and then added lift and tires. Waiting on my Tazer to update spedo etc. I have noticed a slight decrease in power but I have no trouble going 85 (parts of Utah do have 85 as a speed limit) Gas mileage has dipped about 2 mpg. Hopefully we will be in the dirt tomorrow.

TERAFLEX ST3 KIT W FALCON 3.3 SHOCKS
FRONT 1 INCH SPRING SPACERS TERAFLEX
TERAFLEX ALPHA TIRE CARRIER
BFG KO2 ALL TERRAIN 37X12.50R17 Daily commuter
FUEL D608 ENDURO WHEELS 17 INCH

2021Jeep-3.jpg
My MPG dropped by 12 going to 40’s & 4.88.

Word to the wise if you don’t want the MPG to get even worse do not re-gear it

Yes I now average 15 MPG in my EcoDiesel :headbang:

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Damn that's unfortunate :/ aren't there any loopholes? And the pedal commander will not effect your emissions if I recall correctly
I’ve got the PC installed already :like:

StormTropper

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got the PC installed already :like:
That's good! Try to see if you can get away with a EGR delete and if not at least what you can upgrade to the exhaust and intake. If you can do exhaust, intake and tune it's a different beast believe me!

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
That's good! Try to see if you can get away with a EGR delete and if not at least what you can upgrade to the exhaust and intake. If you can do exhaust, intake and tune it's a different beast believe me!
I can’t get rid of the SCR or DPF. Already running the aFe Cat-Back which is a hilarious thing to call it. It’s really more like a muffler delete. Makes no sound difference whatsoever because the SCR & DPF are still in the way.

Mopar performance makes a cold air intake but with stock exhaust and tune I don’t think it would do much but make more noise.

I don’t think anyone makes a CA legal tune at this point. Although it would be sweet to see one in the future!!

StormTropper

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t get rid of the SCR or DPF. Already running the aFe Cat-Back which is a hilarious thing to call it. It’s really more like a muffler delete. Makes no sound difference whatsoever because the SCR & DPF are still in the way.

Mopar performance makes a cold air intake but with stock exhaust and tune I don’t think it would do much but make more noise.

I don’t think anyone makes a CA legal tune at this point. Although it would be sweet to see one in the future!!
Danggggggg, ik the Ecodiesel for some reason is lacking aftermarket upgrades atm but hopefully by years end there will be some Cali approved upgrades! This is the Banks power I put on my wife's 3.6

IMG_20210519_210450.jpg

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Danggggggg, ik the Ecodiesel for some reason is lacking aftermarket upgrades atm but hopefully by years end there will be some Cali approved upgrades! This is the Banks power I put on my wife's 3.6

Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Diesel JL build! IMG_20210519_210450
Looks sweet they definitely make some nice intakes!

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

Both Banks an Green Diesel Engineering are working on CARB approval. It just takes time.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Both Banks an Green Diesel Engineering are working on CARB approval. It just takes time.
GDE told me verbatim that California “told them to go pound sand for no reason” and they were quite salty about it! It sounds like they don’t think they will ever come out with one.

Banks can probably get it done, but I’d rather have the GDE because there is no hardware to install (or go bad) it’s just a pure tune and they actually claim better fuel economy VS Banks who specifically says their product will NOT provide any better fuel economy it’s purely a “performance tune”

Seems like CA has it ass backwards- but that’s about par for the course here. Why would they legalize something that saves fuel when that can charge the highest prices in the nation for it?

Dirty, greedy, bastards.

fjernen

First Name
Eran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Looks badass! What's your opinion on the terraflex?
Thanks. So far so good. TeraFlex has always worked well for me in my past jeeps. They are a local company. I have had no issues in the first 1k miles.
Sponsored