Show off your Delivered JL Here!

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I still think its the std rubi wheels, its just the angle of the light not reflecting off the machined outer lip like it usually does.
I guess we all have our own reality...If you read any of the posts from the guys who were in LA and Detroit, they all describe them a black/graphite, not polished silver. And does the lighting explain the black lugnuts which match the rims? Whatev.
I thought they looked black in all of the pictures I had seen previously and then saw this one. I’m not so sure now.

79505B80-C331-409A-B06E-199EE4BB4A76.png
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
You guys are cracking me up still going back and forth about the wheels. :)
Oh, I’m not arguing. I don’t know what color they are. I do prefer the look of them in the pictures where they appear darker and I’m guessing they are a gun metal color as opposed to the polished silver. I’m just saying they look different in the various pictures.

Musicman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj and Grand Cherokee
I took most of the yellow rubi photos at the Detroit auto show. The wheels are black, in the same finish that you can get on the charger or challenger scat pack. I also have them on my challenger scat pack. They are cool but a pain in the ass to keep clean.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I took most of the yellow rubi photos at the Detroit auto show. The wheels are black, in the same finish that you can get on the charger or challenger scat pack. I also have them on my challenger scat pack. They are cool but a pain in the ass to keep clean.
:flag:

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
079B1330-9299-4AE0-B7B0-545B63FDBA5D.jpeg
9773B73D-E350-4A0E-9B56-D206CDE48E4C.jpeg
Picked my black Rubicon up yesterday, added 35 inch KO2’s today. Debating on 2 inch mopar lift.
35's look great! I think these are the best for the 4 door and I think the factory 33's will look very good on the 2 door Rubicon - from a proportion standpoint.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
The powder-coated would look great with the red or the granite.
I'm going to check on a price for powder coat, but I love my wheels (stock rubi's) the silver is not polished it's kinda muted which offerd nice contrast.... Real world problems. Lol

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Finally got my JL Rubicon 2 days ago. LOVE it!! And i love being one of a very few with one in town :)

IMG_3828-1.jpeg
I have yet to see any other JL on the road. I've had people take pictures of my rig while driving down the road.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to check on a price for powder coat, but I love my wheels (stock rubi's) the silver is not polished it's kinda muted which offerd nice contrast.... Real world problems. Lol
Your Jeep is the reason I changed my color! Beautiful JLUR!

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I don't want to loose the red Willie's though!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
First time Wrangler owner... bought it for TOADability because I just got a motorhome although was GC owner awhile back. Crystal Granite Unlimited Rubi (except fenders/roofs) like Dyno's so I wont bother with pictures. Had a couple of questions though... on the UConnect 4C 8.4 Nav, are you able to use Apple Car Play via Bluetooth? It seems to only work for me (Car Play) when wired. Also, what does the 'Freedom Panel Storage Bag' look like? I did not receive it.

Finally, a story of my luck in the purchase.... not intentionally bragging to those who have been waiting on their orders :)... well maybe a little bit... I was a walk in customer a week ago... did not know about JL dropping this month, and was ready to buy that night... but salesman said 'come 'back in two weeks... I wont event take your name' (earned a bit of trust with that)... on a whim, a couple of nights ago checked their website and saw JLs delivered two days before... rushed over and found one of two rubis left and looked great! beat a couple of people by 5 mins! they were lingering around for 30 minutes to see if my credit check would go through! i wouldn't even let them test drive it (would you have let go of those keys?).

Of course because of the demand, not much wiggle room for negotiation... but totally happy with the purchase, and psyched to be part of this community of wrangler owners. you all seem crazy in all the right ways.
Apple Car Play and Android Auto only work when wired. I just use the nav in the system. I don't like loosing control of the phone. And yes let the dealer know you should get a Freedom top bag. They are different these days too, they got foam inserts in them to help keep they bag stable and the tops separate. Using the old bags, was like shoving a wet wet noodle up a bobcats ass to get those damn tops in!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Your Jeep is the reason I changed my color! Beautiful JLUR!
It's only been clean for like one day, thanks to this this freaked up weather in Maryland, but it's got a lot of compliments! It's a better "in person" color.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's only been clean for like one day, thanks to this this freaked up weather in Maryland, but it's got a lot of compliments! It's a better "in person" color.
That’s awesome! I can’t wait!
Sponsored