First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just picked up our 2-door last week in Idaho. They gave me a good deal for 35’s and I kept the take-offs to sell on CL. It drives much, much, much better than my CJ (as expected)!

EEB45429-F6CF-4920-9B5F-D58777DF6A41.jpeg

5DA40B01-46D2-4CE9-AB5F-38536DE11855.jpeg

8CB8F3E4-C375-4FBE-9A69-EC98E13C8ED8.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Just picked up our 2-door last week in Idaho. They gave me a good deal for 35’s and I kept the take-offs to sell on CL. It drives much, much, much better than my CJ (as expected)!

Our Rubicon’s are twins except I ordered a two door Firecracker Red one! :) did you get yours from Dave Smith Motors by chance? I placed my order eleven weeks ago and am still waiting for it be shipped! Can’t wait to have my baby! What brand of tires did you get and how much did the dealership charge? I eventually want to upgrade to 35” tires and 18” wheels

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Our Rubicon’s are twins except I ordered a two door Firecracker Red one! :) did you get yours from Dave Smith Motors by chance? I placed my order eleven weeks ago and am still waiting for it be shipped! Can’t wait to have my baby! What brand of tires did you get and how much did the dealership charge? I eventually want to upgrade to 35” tires and 18” wheels
I purchased mine from Peterson in Nampa. We got a great deal and it was a very good experience.

I got 315/70r17 KO2s w/ C load rating. They originally quoted a crazy price for the tire swap (35” KO2 w/ E load rating) though they offered me $500 for the 33s. I wasn’t interested, so I let it go. When it was closer to delivery, they asked again. I asked them if they could quote C rated KO2s and told them what kind of price I could get elsewhere. Surprisingly, they met my offer. The only difference is there is no road hazard warrantee (which I didn’t care about) and they wouldn’t buy back the old tires. Luckily I had room in our van for the tires, though it made camping a little difficult. I sold four on CL for $600 and gave the fifth to my son who needed one as a full size spare for his vehicle.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I purchased mine from Peterson in Nampa. We got a great deal and it was a very good experience.

I got 315/70r17 KO2s w/ C load rating. They originally quoted a crazy price for the tire swap (35” KO2 w/ E load rating) though they offered me $500 for the 33s. I wasn’t interested, so I let it go. When it was closer to delivery, they asked again. I asked them if they could quote C rated KO2s and told them what kind of price I could get elsewhere. Surprisingly, they met my offer. The only difference is there is no road hazard warrantee (which I didn’t care about) and they wouldn’t buy back the old tires. Luckily I had room in our van for the tires, though it made camping a little difficult. I sold four on CL for $600 and gave the fifth to my son who needed one as a full size spare for his vehicle.
That’s super awesome! :) I’ll probably end up keeping my stock tires until they go bald, then I’ll upgrade to all terrain 35s. I’ll be using the stock rims for Blizzac tires for the winter time. Been looking at XD Hoss II rims and some Fuel ones too which look pretty sweet! :) I’ve already bought so many mods, they’re just sitting in my garage waiting to be installed on my Rubi!

Sponsored

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on 12/10 and took delivery 2/9. Definitely worth the wait. I find myself looking for any excuse to take it out for a drive.

0ACA0B76-908D-4935-9E6D-356AFC0C166C.jpeg
3D55720C-BEF0-403C-8EB2-9F066237943A.jpeg
EFF66DA1-26F8-458C-BDC3-AD801794D61B.jpeg
Congrats!

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi

You just had them swap the tires? No other noise (spare relocater/enforcer, regearing)?

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You just had them swap the tires? No other noise (spare relocater/enforcer, regearing)?
They quoted a rough country tire relocator. Said Jeep recommends a tire relocator for clearance, etc. for tires bigger than stock. It wasn’t too expensive so I went with it. There was tons of clearance with the relocator and the tire obscured more than half the back window. I took the relocator off when I got home and found that there was still an inch or so of clearance above the bumper (I have the plastic one), the rubber bumpers are a little compressed, but not too much, and now I can see the car behind me in the rear view mirror.

Anyone want a rough country spare tire relocator for cheap?:CWL:

Other than that, no other mods/additions.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I am new here and this is my new JLU purchased in October of 2018. This is not a very endearing picture I know. But I was happy to be in the Jeep during the storm that brought record cold and snow to many parts of the country a couple of weeks ago. By the way, the OEM Bridgestone tires did great in the snow and ice. I though for sure I would need to replace them with more aggressive tires to deal with the NE winter weather. Not necessary in my opinion.

kReR35SMSMWPbH20Ixoq1w.jpg
I have the same tires and I was thinking the same as you but they performed great in the few snow storms we've had here in DC.....

Sponsored

Altahami

First Name
Yunis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi
They quoted a rough country tire relocator. Said Jeep recommends a tire relocator for clearance, etc. for tires bigger than stock. It wasn’t too expensive so I went with it. There was tons of clearance with the relocator and the tire obscured more than half the back window. I took the relocator off when I got home and found that there was still an inch or so of clearance above the bumper (I have the plastic one), the rubber bumpers are a little compressed, but not too much, and now I can see the car behind me in the rear view mirror.

Anyone want a rough country spare tire relocator for cheap?:CWL:

Other than that, no other mods/additions.
Thank you.

ITSTHEWIFES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sport. 06 Toyota Matrix xrs. 13 Chevy Sonic
Hello folks. New "owner" here introducing myself. Please forgive me as I could not find an official "welcome" thread so I will do it here. As you can tell from my name, It's actually the wifes. With a tiny human on the way, she traded the 2 door for a 4 door, and me being the car guy in the relationship here I am jumping down the rabbit hole. "Babe, it's making a wierd noise, can you look at it?" "Babe the stupid dealer put their logo on the back, can you take it off?"
Currently In Las Vegas, though looking like we will be moving east later in the year. Just took this picture in Mt. Charlston, because why not take to the mountains for lunch when it's snowing.

IMG_0397.jpg

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hello folks. New "owner" here introducing myself. Please forgive me as I could not find an official "welcome" thread so I will do it here. As you can tell from my name, It's actually the wifes. With a tiny human on the way, she traded the 2 door for a 4 door, and me being the car guy in the relationship here I am jumping down the rabbit hole. "Babe, it's making a wierd noise, can you look at it?" "Babe the stupid dealer put their logo on the back, can you take it off?"
Currently In Las Vegas, though looking like we will be moving east later in the year. Just took this picture in Mt. Charlston, because why not take to the mountains for lunch when it's snowing.

IMG_0397.jpg
Welcome! And congrats on the tiny human. Is that Sasquatch lurking behind your jeep? :giggle: