Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% sure, thought I read that somewhere. Even if not, pushing a button inside my pocket instead of a button on the door handle isn't worth the money required to get the keyless entry, at least for me.

That is incorrect. It is proximity keyless entry, meaning that the key can remain in your pocket and or purse. All you have to do is touch the sensor and it will unlock. You do not have to push the button to unlock unless you want to
Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
After seeing all of the pics of the LED lights, I am canceling my first order and re-ordering--adding the LED group and leather interior.

What are people's thoughts on Keyless entry? I want to be sure this order is my final order lol.
Go with the proximity key less entry!

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I see Keyless Entry as pointless. I unlock my door(s) with my fob still in my pocket. If I have to put the fob next to the handle for it to unlock, that is more to do than without. I am glad it wasn't an option when I ordered, because I probably would have got it and wasted that money.
That's not how it works. Being in your pocket (or backpack, purse, whatever so long as it is in reasonable proximity) is all that is needed.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Not 100% sure, thought I read that somewhere. Even if not, pushing a button inside my pocket instead of a button on the door handle isn't worth the money required to get the keyless entry, at least for me.
I don't have first hand experience with the JL, obviously, but on my (now 13 year old) Acura there is no "button" to push on the door handle - you just grab the handle to open it. I have to do that *anyway* - I just walk up to the car, grab the door handle, the doors (I set mine to unlock all doors vs just driver) unlock, the headlights, interior lights and rocker puddle lights come on and I open the door and get in. You don't want it, that's fine of course, but it works quite differently than you've been describing it.

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
After seeing all of the pics of the LED lights, I am canceling my first order and re-ordering--adding the LED group and leather interior.

What are people's thoughts on Keyless entry? I want to be sure this order is my final order lol.
Go with the Keyless Entry. I wish the techno wizards could come up with options either somewhat smaller to non existent, i.e. a cell phone link (With backup key) would be great. That said, as one of the gals said, it is easy to find in a purse or bag. For me, carrying a clipped knife in the same pocket, it's handy not to have to remove the knife to get to the key.

Sponsored

RGjeep

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport
I’m not a pavement princess but I did get the dealer to install the running boards that come on the Sahara. They are much nicer than the ones that came on the JK and with 6 bolts I can take them off when I go to a state with rocks. They definitely keep your doors from getting dinged up. They are great to stand on when riding on the beach and are the only way to get my 80 year old mother in law into the jeep....

B2F73168-6262-4706-9FB9-C28AC7B005C8.jpeg
Very nice looking jeep. Can you please tell me how you went about getting those side steps? I know they are standard on the Sahara and optional for the Sport from the factory but it sounded like you may have ordered them through Mopar separately. They look nice and I’d like to put them on my ordered Rubicon but I do not see anything in the catalog matching those. I just see the tube steps. Thank you!

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I don't have first hand experience with the JL, obviously, but on my (now 13 year old) Acura there is no "button" to push on the door handle - you just grab the handle to open it. I have to do that *anyway* - I just walk up to the car, grab the door handle, the doors (I set mine to unlock all doors vs just driver) unlock, the headlights, interior lights and rocker puddle lights come on and I open the door and get in. You don't want it, that's fine of course, but it works quite differently than you've been describing it.
Ok, I don't have it. Others have described the button on the door handle as a button you had to push, maybe it is just a sensor for the fob.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I think I figured out my opinion on the upgraded wheels. I like them, but to me they don't look as bold, they are a bit more fancy looking to me.
Interesting. I've always thought the upgraded Rubicon wheels looked more rugged and the standard ones looked more upscale/fancy.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Interesting. I've always thought the upgraded Rubicon wheels looked more rugged and the standard ones looked more upscale/fancy.
The whole conversation will be moot once they offer the standard Rubi wheels in graphite powder coat like on the Hella Yella one at the Auto show. Then they will become THE ONLY CHOICE for the thinking Jeeper...(cue mic drop). Anyone who disagrees is a communist tree-hugging Starbucks-loving Walmart-over-Target Subaru-driving vegan. Believe me...

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
The whole conversation will be moot once they offer the standard Rubi wheels in graphite powder coat like on the Hella Yella one at the Auto show. Then they will become THE ONLY CHOICE for the thinking Jeeper...(cue mic drop). Anyone who disagrees is a communist tree-hugging Starbucks-loving Walmart-over-Target Subaru-driving vegan. Believe me...
Well..I’m lazy. Pics? BTW...I choose Target.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
communist tree-hugging Starbucks-loving Walmart-over-Target Subaru-driving vegan
:cwl: (Full disclosure - I love Starbucks dark roast. Black. Wish they had a coffee only line...)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
:cwl: (Full disclosure - I love Starbucks dark roast. Black. Wish they had a coffee only line...)
Wouldn’t that be fantastic?! A coffee only line?