Show off your Delivered JL Here!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I know everybody may have moved on, but thought I might clarify. The fob can remain in your purse/pocket the whole time. If you are close and grab the handle it will unlock. The button allows you to lock the door before you walk away from your Jeep without opening the door or using the fob. From what I have read, you have to be careful not to grab the handle when you push the button as it might not lock or will unlock it if you do.
Yeah, it does seem like Jeep has made this unnecessarily complicated. Our Pilot seems to know when you reach for the handle, and of course knows when you walk away. The keyless is intuitive. The Jeep "button" seems superfluous. They never should have done away with the original handle/button combo. It was a practical grab handle when accessing the roof, and integrating the new "button" lock would have been just as easy.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
The proximity keyless entry is not complicated at all. I have it now on my GC, it’s not something I would’ve went for but it was already on it and now after having it it’s something I wouldn’t want a car without. It was one of the features I was praying would come on it.

Just walk up to the car grab the handle with your key nearby and the doors open. Shut the door push the little button as you walk away doors lock. It actually doesn’t get much simpler than that other than locking itself when it senses you reach a certain distance.

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Very nice looking jeep. Can you please tell me how you went about getting those side steps? I know they are standard on the Sahara and optional for the Sport from the factory but it sounded like you may have ordered them through Mopar separately. They look nice and I’d like to put them on my ordered Rubicon but I do not see anything in the catalog matching those. I just see the tube steps. Thank you!
When I bought my jeep from the dealer I had them order them from mopar and include them in my deal. I showed the parts manager the attached picture from jeep.com and in two days they were shipped to the dealership. They are called tubular side steps (which makes no sense)

2FEDE6FA-9C20-43AB-9503-1AFF04FCFE6A.jpeg

Sponsored

RGjeep

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport
When I bought my jeep from the dealer I had them order them from mopar and include them in my deal. I showed the parts manager the attached picture from jeep.com and in two days they were shipped to the dealership. They are called tubular side steps (which makes no sense)

2FEDE6FA-9C20-43AB-9503-1AFF04FCFE6A.jpeg
Thanks!

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I saw them in person too in LA - I though they were matte black. I like the stock better but to each her own!

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Any chance someone could grab me the trunk measurements? I have a Great Dane who fits well enough in the back of my grand Cherokee even with the rear seats up but I’m curious what’s the difference in trunk size I’m looking at.
Sponsored