First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The cringe level of this thread is so high. From people having exposed guns to people having them pointed at their passengers. 99% have never even trained with a draw from where they are and if they have it’s been 3 times with no pressure. If you’re getting car jacked you don’t have the muscle memory to open your console and grab you gun our remove the velcro and draw faster than the guy yelling at you to get out of your car. If someone is running at you I can assure they have a faster draw on you from the start even more so when you have to make sure nothing is on your center console and grabbing your gun and then loading a round!! If any of you daily carry and do not have a round chambered you need to go learn some cqc. And realize you’re dead if you don’t have one in the chamber. Your first instinct is not to pull the slide back. It’s to pull a trigger. So where is the best place for your weapon when in the vehicle. It’s on your body. why? If you take self defense seriously and train to better protect your self and other (which I would not want 85% of gun owners trying to protect me. You’re more likely to get injured from them than you are the other party.) 2 like I stated at the top if you get car jacked they 9/10 times have a gun trained on you so good luck opening up your console or through all the panic reaching down grabbing your gun, turning, shooting before they do. And if you do get car jacked and your side arm is on your body guess what. Give the car to them. Then pull a switchero on them and pull it as they enter your car. Finally, if you’re in an accident that velcro might not hold. Those magnets might not hold. Your gun you fly around hit something or somebody it could hit something hard enough or weird enough and go off. To conclude. I know all of the people on this thread and those who daily carry a fire arm think they are capable of protecting everything even in the highest stress environments. Please do us all a favor take at least one course. Go shoot your gun once a month or at least get snap caps to practice drawing. Thank you for attending my vehicle gun safety Ted talk. If you have any questions please dm me I’d be happy to help
Anyone who is carrying needs training. Period. That training needs significant time invested in the beginning to get your muscle memory established and learn safety and techniques. Once that is well entrenched in your brain it becomes monthly range/drill time to improve or maintain the skill.

I will also never post a picture of my guns, where I store them, how I store them. That is info for me and those I trust with those details.

Lastly as someone who has had to use a pistol in self defense that muscle memory is critical. When in critical situations they happen so quickly your instincts and motions need to be automatic. In my case it allowed me to draw and be on target which was enough to diffuse the situation.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I would also like to add that if you carry a gun in your Jeep and you don't carry a decent first aid kit, you're a dick. If you are willing to use deadly force, but not be prepared to provide aid after using deadly force.....well get prepared. Your round may strike someone that you did not intend to injure.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I would also like to add that if you carry a gun in your Jeep and you don't carry a decent first aid kit, you're a dick. If you are willing to use deadly force, but not be prepared to provide aid after using deadly force.....well get prepared. Your round may strike someone that you did not intend to injure.
In addition, make sure you carry some type of insurance b/c whether you're in the right or not, you will likely incur court costs, most likely from a civil suit.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I carry a 38 snub in a pocket holster. If I remember to do it, I'll take it out of my pocket (in the holster) and stuff it between the seat and console. Works for me.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Not sure what you qualify as a decent kit, but I guess color me a dick then. I'm sure id already be sued if I shot someone, don't want another suit for rendering medical aide without a license. I carry 2 CAT tourniquets, 1 bag quikclot and some gauze. That's it. I no longer have qualified immunity so I'm not going past that at all lol.

Sponsored

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
Along with that make sure you know how to use it. Sadly enough we had some people who just never really cared and I wouldn’t trust them to put a tourniquet on

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
You don’t need training classes. There’s a disgusting mentality with modern tacticool gun owners that you need to pay someone hundreds or thousands of dollars to teach you foot placement, pivot drills, reloads, and that stupid look left and right with a damn pistol at the low ready. It simply isn’t true. These classes are a new phenomenon and people got by without them for decades. Seems everyone wants to act like they are seal team 6 and look how sweet my Gucci glock is while drinking their black rifle coffee and wearing grunt style clothing. Save the $500+ for ammo and go to the range. None of those classes are long enough to build muscle memory anyway. It’s almost as bad as the comments on YouTube where some safety sally complains because they didn’t show the weapon being cleared. It can’t hurt you through the camera, calm down.
I agree and disagree. If you go with a proper company than you are going to learn a lot more and be put in to high stress situations which unfortunately you just cannot recreate at a normal range. But the part I do agree with is there are many classes that people who were in the military for 4 years and are gun experts run to make a few extra bucks.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
You don’t need training classes. There’s a disgusting mentality with modern tacticool gun owners that you need to pay someone hundreds or thousands of dollars to teach you foot placement, pivot drills, reloads, and that stupid look left and right with a damn pistol at the low ready. It simply isn’t true. These classes are a new phenomenon and people got by without them for decades. Seems everyone wants to act like they are seal team 6 and look how sweet my Gucci glock is while drinking their black rifle coffee and wearing grunt style clothing. Save the $500+ for ammo and go to the range. None of those classes are long enough to build muscle memory anyway. It’s almost as bad as the comments on YouTube where some safety sally complains because they didn’t show the weapon being cleared. It can’t hurt you through the camera, calm down.
All you need is a legal place to practice, some proper targets, ammo, and a shot timer if you are doing drills.

When getting started paying for a couple hours of instructor time one on one is also not too bad; unless you received proper training elsewhere.

I also had work pay for a tactical training course once. It was with one of the big name trainers. He was excellent and I did learn a couple things; but not worth the price if I was paying for it out of my pocket. It was more a team building exercise than anything.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
All you need is a legal place to practice, some proper targets, ammo, and a shot timer if you are doing drills.

When getting started paying for a couple hours of instructor time one on one is also not too bad; unless you received proper training elsewhere.

I also had work pay for a tactical training course once. It was with one of the big name trainers. He was excellent and I did learn a couple things; but not worth the price if I was paying for it out of my pocket. It was more a team building exercise than anything.
Agreed, spot on. Also sorry to see your in MD. I'm a refugee from there myself.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Agreed, spot on. Also sorry to see your in MD. I'm a refugee from there myself.
Yeah MD is not getting better. We have kids in high-school and good friend networks so waiting for them to get through that before making a move to a more conservative location.

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thought I'd be a smartass and find some photoshopped pic of a 50 cal on a Jeep. Buuut it actually exists in real life.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your JL gun holster setup 1623947898733
with the ammo prices now, feeding them will be a big problem :LOL:

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’m looking for something to conceal safely for when I am in places that don’t allow concealed carry. A Glock 43 is my typical carry gun and it does not fit in the top portion of the center console. It will fit in the bottom portion.
If you’re leaving it in the Jeep when you’re not there, give serious consideration to one of the armored boxes that fit inside the console. Had one in my TJ many moons ago for when I was at work. worked great,
Sponsored