Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The cringe level of this thread is so high. From people having exposed guns to people having them pointed at their passengers. 99% have never even trained with a draw from where they are and if they have it’s been 3 times with no pressure. If you’re getting car jacked you don’t have the muscle memory to open your console and grab you gun our remove the velcro and draw faster than the guy yelling at you to get out of your car. If someone is running at you I can assure they have a faster draw on you from the start even more so when you have to make sure nothing is on your center console and grabbing your gun and then loading a round!! If any of you daily carry and do not have a round chambered you need to go learn some cqc. And realize you’re dead if you don’t have one in the chamber. Your first instinct is not to pull the slide back. It’s to pull a trigger. So where is the best place for your weapon when in the vehicle. It’s on your body. why? If you take self defense seriously and train to better protect your self and other (which I would not want 85% of gun owners trying to protect me. You’re more likely to get injured from them than you are the other party.) 2 like I stated at the top if you get car jacked they 9/10 times have a gun trained on you so good luck opening up your console or through all the panic reaching down grabbing your gun, turning, shooting before they do. And if you do get car jacked and your side arm is on your body guess what. Give the car to them. Then pull a switchero on them and pull it as they enter your car. Finally, if you’re in an accident that velcro might not hold. Those magnets might not hold. Your gun you fly around hit something or somebody it could hit something hard enough or weird enough and go off. To conclude. I know all of the people on this thread and those who daily carry a fire arm think they are capable of protecting everything even in the highest stress environments. Please do us all a favor take at least one course. Go shoot your gun once a month or at least get snap caps to practice drawing. Thank you for attending my vehicle gun safety Ted talk. If you have any questions please dm me I’d be happy to help
I'm going to be as polite as I know how. There are a plethora of situations one might need a firearm that aren't quick draw scenarios, and if someone isn't comfortable carrying on a live round then I don't want them to. Is it ideal? No. Is it better than having nothing? Absolutely. For example my wife wont carry on a live round but has had multiple times she's felt uncomfortable in her car (she's a traveling home hospice nurse) and will retrieve her firearm from the console, load a round, then either wait out the situation, or put it in her purse which has a holster pocket it sits in that you slide a hand into and exit the vehicle to go where she needs to. Id much rather her have that option than not carry at all because she is uncomfortable carrying hammer down on a live round. As for courses I couldn't disagree more. Half the ones I have seen the instructor is a fool. Voda Tactical comes to mind. Find someone you trust with military service or police background and tag along to the range. I would wager 90% of the country doesn't have a decent training class in their area.
Sponsored

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The cringe level of this thread is so high. From people having exposed guns to people having them pointed at their passengers. 99% have never even trained with a draw from where they are and if they have it’s been 3 times with no pressure. If you’re getting car jacked you don’t have the muscle memory to open your console and grab you gun our remove the velcro and draw faster than the guy yelling at you to get out of your car. If someone is running at you I can assure they have a faster draw on you from the start even more so when you have to make sure nothing is on your center console and grabbing your gun and then loading a round!! If any of you daily carry and do not have a round chambered you need to go learn some cqc. And realize you’re dead if you don’t have one in the chamber. Your first instinct is not to pull the slide back. It’s to pull a trigger. So where is the best place for your weapon when in the vehicle. It’s on your body. why? If you take self defense seriously and train to better protect your self and other (which I would not want 85% of gun owners trying to protect me. You’re more likely to get injured from them than you are the other party.) 2 like I stated at the top if you get car jacked they 9/10 times have a gun trained on you so good luck opening up your console or through all the panic reaching down grabbing your gun, turning, shooting before they do. And if you do get car jacked and your side arm is on your body guess what. Give the car to them. Then pull a switchero on them and pull it as they enter your car. Finally, if you’re in an accident that velcro might not hold. Those magnets might not hold. Your gun you fly around hit something or somebody it could hit something hard enough or weird enough and go off. To conclude. I know all of the people on this thread and those who daily carry a fire arm think they are capable of protecting everything even in the highest stress environments. Please do us all a favor take at least one course. Go shoot your gun once a month or at least get snap caps to practice drawing. Thank you for attending my vehicle gun safety Ted talk. If you have any questions please dm me I’d be happy to help
Someone got their panties in a wad for something they apparently know NOTHING about. You don't know the specific state laws for each post. Nor do you know how or when a firearm is in our vehicles. If you don't want to carry a firearm in your vehicle or on your person, just don't. The rest of us law abiding citizens who are lawfully carrying, will continue to do so!!

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
Someone got their panties in a wad for something they apparently know NOTHING about. You don't know the specific state laws for each post. Nor do you know how or when a firearm is in our vehicles. If you don't want to carry a firearm in your vehicle or on your person, just don't. The rest of us law abiding citizens who are lawfully carrying, will continue to do so!!
I’m not upset. I’m more so trying to teach. State laws aside everything I said is factual. If you aren’t comfortable with it that is your own doing. I always atleast one sometimes an sbr with me. But hey is how I trained and that is what I train with. Most people coming up to a window don’t care if you have a gun on you. They have you beat. If they see you move for something I doubt they hesitate. Talk to any big name training call tacflow, who is ran by Chris kyles director of training. Ask them if you get car jacked give up your car do not fight in the car as you step away from your car draw your weapon. Which if it’s not on your body you can’t do that.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not upset. I’m more so trying to teach. State laws aside everything I said is factual. If you aren’t comfortable with it that is your own doing. I always atleast one sometimes an sbr with me. But hey is how I trained and that is what I train with. Most people coming up to a window don’t care if you have a gun on you. They have you beat. If they see you move for something I doubt they hesitate. Talk to any big name training call tacflow, who is ran by Chris kyles director of training. Ask them if you get car jacked give up your car do not fight in the car as you step away from your car draw your weapon. Which if it’s not on your body you can’t do that.
It's called situational awareness - which was taught in my class. You don't wait for someone to walk up to your vehicle and see what they want. You prepare yourself and you don't leave your weapon in your vehicle when you arrive at your destination, unless it's a prohibited place for weapons, then you secure your weapon. I know some people think b/c they've been trained, no one else is trained or is trained like them. You don't know the majority of the people out there and what they have or have not been through, training wise.

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
It's called situational awareness - which was taught in my class. You don't wait for someone to walk up to your vehicle and see what they want. You prepare yourself and you don't leave your weapon in your vehicle when you arrive at your destination, unless it's a prohibited place for weapons, then you secure your weapon. I know some people think b/c they've been trained, no one else is trained or is trained like them. You don't know the majority of the people out there and what they have or have not been through, training wise.
The sad thing is you and I might have that situational awareness. But there are times and you have to admit that you are distracted by something in the car and your focus is gone for a few seconds. Along with that, the percentage of people that have situational awareness, the ability to act in high stress situations, and also keep composure in those situations is not high. One of the main reasons you are taught to exit the vehicle and then draw is one your aim. You are taught to know what lays beyond the target. If someone is coming up behind you trying to car Jack you, you have a split second to tell if there is someone behind them because you’re bound to miss a shot. Most police officers that empty a whole mag land 1/3 of their shots. Secondly if you exit the vehicle you have the composure, the footing, and the direct aim to the subject. You’ll make it through the car. Im totally pro gun training and personally I don’t think people should own a gun with out doing legit training. Everyone has their “buddies” that were in the military and carried a gun once and are gun experts. I carried a gun and I would not base my level of knowledge or training off of that time. Do you have to spend money to get good quality training. Unfortunately yes. It’s expensive. For multiple day courses you’re going to spend 500$ plus. Which to most is a lot. But does it help, yes. Will you be more confident with a gun, yes. How many people have trained with their spouses if something happens and you get shot at?

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I guess this guy had some training & was ready.
https://gab.com/DavidHarrisjr/posts/106422180801529174

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The sad thing is you and I might have that situational awareness. But there are times and you have to admit that you are distracted by something in the car and your focus is gone for a few seconds. Along with that, the percentage of people that have situational awareness, the ability to act in high stress situations, and also keep composure in those situations is not high. One of the main reasons you are taught to exit the vehicle and then draw is one your aim. You are taught to know what lays beyond the target. If someone is coming up behind you trying to car Jack you, you have a split second to tell if there is someone behind them because you’re bound to miss a shot. Most police officers that empty a whole mag land 1/3 of their shots. Secondly if you exit the vehicle you have the composure, the footing, and the direct aim to the subject. You’ll make it through the car. Im totally pro gun training and personally I don’t think people should own a gun with out doing legit training. Everyone has their “buddies” that were in the military and carried a gun once and are gun experts. I carried a gun and I would not base my level of knowledge or training off of that time. Do you have to spend money to get good quality training. Unfortunately yes. It’s expensive. For multiple day courses you’re going to spend 500$ plus. Which to most is a lot. But does it help, yes. Will you be more confident with a gun, yes. How many people have trained with their spouses if something happens and you get shot at?
I get that, but I'm really only concerned with me and my family. It's up to everyone else to get trained and be prepared. I'm not going to let that stop me from having a gun in my Jeep when I'm driving it.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Just so you are aware - "gun free zones", unless federal buildings, can not prosecute you for carrying. They can tell you to leave if they happen to see you are carrying, that's it.

It isn't a crime. Don't leave your gun in the vehicle if you are going into a movie theater, for example.

And at the end of the day it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
You are correct.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Common Core graduate.

Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You don’t need training classes. There’s a disgusting mentality with modern tacticool gun owners that you need to pay someone hundreds or thousands of dollars to teach you foot placement, pivot drills, reloads, and that stupid look left and right with a damn pistol at the low ready. It simply isn’t true. These classes are a new phenomenon and people got by without them for decades. Seems everyone wants to act like they are seal team 6 and look how sweet my Gucci glock is while drinking their black rifle coffee and wearing grunt style clothing. Save the $500+ for ammo and go to the range. None of those classes are long enough to build muscle memory anyway. It’s almost as bad as the comments on YouTube where some safety sally complains because they didn’t show the weapon being cleared. It can’t hurt you through the camera, calm down.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Don't carry a gun in my Jeep. If I get carjacked, they can have the Jeep if they want it that bad. It can be replaced. I tell my stubborn wife the same thing, if you get carjacked or if someone tries to snatch your purse, don't fight for it! Now we both have pistols/guns in our home (and nightstands) and not afraid to use them if needed.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct.
Exactly and part of being a "Responsible" gun owner is knowing and abiding by the laws and still taking the necessary actions to protect you and your loved ones - #RESPONSIBLE!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well I typed about six paragraphs and then deleted them. I realize in a thread like this, there are way to many experts, and it will not change the way how, when and why anyone choose to daily carry.

Just practice what you do and prepare as if your life or someone else's life depended upon it.
Sponsored