Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bardog.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Granite
Occupation
Restaurateur
I bought a magnet mount to keep my pistol off of my right leg but I didn’t like how it was going to sit and I didn’t like that I would not immediately get purchase on the grip. I’d also like to keep it holstered.

It seems like those of you who have it mounted with a magnet against the console or steering column are going to have the same problem in a necessary-to-draw situation, depending on how the grip is presented.

I’m sold on the WPNGEAR holster based on pics and the main review here. Thanks for all the info, everyone!
Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Here’s a short review of the WPNGEAR holster built specifically for the JL Wrangler.
Excelent pictures and review. I carry a SAR ST45 and most holsters ive found the barrel sticks out the end and the sight always catches the fabric which is a no go when seconds count. The barrel length is 4.5" but not sure what the overall is. Any thoughts on this?

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Excelent pictures and review. I carry a SAR ST45 and most holsters ive found the barrel sticks out the end and the sight always catches the fabric which is a no go when seconds count. The barrel length is 4.5" but not sure what the overall is. Any thoughts on this?
Heres a picture of a Smith & Wesson 45 with a 4.5 barrel in the holster. My original review picture was a S&W Shield for reference. The sights don’t catch and the barrel doesn’t stick out the bottom on either firearm. The bottom does have an opening but the way it is tapered prevents the firearm from moving past it. There’s also a pouch on top of the holster for an extra magazine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your JL gun holster setup FD622707-90F2-4D38-87C7-6727C510C5AB

Last edited:

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Heres a picture of a Smith & Wesson 45 with a 4.5 barrel in the holster. My original review picture was a S&W Shield for reference. The sights don’t catch and the barrel doesn’t stick out the bottom on either firearm. The bottom does have an opening but the way it is tapered prevents the firearm from moving past it. There’s also a pouch on top of the holster for an extra magazine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your JL gun holster setup FD622707-90F2-4D38-87C7-6727C510C5AB
Thanks for this thread!

I just ordered the WPNGEAR holster for my JL.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

I have looked at this holster before and just never got around to getting one, can you tell me how far it sticks out as I don’t want it rubbing on my leg also I see where you said it attaches under the seat with Velcro strip so how does that work

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Magnet on my Gladiator, but same thing.

649F4F89-5BFF-420A-8A98-539CCE500C5D.jpeg

80EF2834-8A87-4833-A182-8F35F159B445.jpeg

BAE9AB83-2B42-4F2C-A75C-75CCA026EEB8.jpeg

BC3D7298-7686-4AE4-883E-F660974B6DB2.jpeg

A82755B3-D4AC-420A-9B71-78255262B046.jpeg

6FE74861-BDF6-432A-BEA4-2EEAADA14DB8.jpeg

E225C422-CE3E-4832-8B08-D74662C766BA.jpeg

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I have looked at this holster before and just never got around to getting one, can you tell me how far it sticks out as I don’t want it rubbing on my leg also I see where you said it attaches under the seat with Velcro strip so how does that work
On page nine I put a picture that gives you a better idea how far it sticks out, with a gun in it for reference. My leg is in its normal comfortable position and at least for me it never touches the holster. At the holsters widest part it’s about 2.5 inches without a firearm in it. The only Velcro is in the holster itself where the holster attaches to the metal frame of the holster setup that attaches to your jeep (hope that makes sense). The metal framing of the holster slides around the framing of your seat and at the other end screws into a preexisting hole already on the jeep.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
On page nine I put a picture that gives you a better idea how far it sticks out, with a gun in it for reference. My leg is in its normal comfortable position and at least for me it never touches the holster. At the holsters widest part it’s about 2.5 inches without a firearm in it. The only Velcro is in the holster itself where the holster attaches to the metal frame of the holster setup that attaches to your jeep (hope that makes sense). The metal framing of the holster slides around the framing of your seat and at the other end screws into a preexisting hole already on the jeep.
I know what screw you are talking about, its covered with a snap cap...my curious side is wondering how the tail end of the frame attaches to the seat frame, is there a way you might be able to provide a pic ?

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I know what screw you are talking about, its covered with a snap cap...my curious side is wondering how the tail end of the frame attaches to the seat frame, is there a way you might be able to provide a pic ?
Only angle I can get. The bracket is an L shape to keep itself in place.

72B52BC7-2546-4364-AC96-F642A330B52D.jpeg

Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
I wear a molded leather slide (half) holster in cross draw position with a .357 (2" barrel). The muzzle doesn't touch the seat and the seat belt doesn't bind the revolver. Seated cross draw offers quick access and is comfortable. When I exit the vehicle I don't have to deal with changing the gun's location or remember to take it with me.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Only angle I can get. The bracket is an L shape to keep itself in place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your JL gun holster setup 72B52BC7-2546-4364-AC96-F642A330B52D
thanks so much for taking a great pic..that looks like a friction fit and guessing once you slide it in behind the seat bracket and line it up with the hole up front it does not move

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hasn’t budged since I put it in.
Order placed...thanks for taking the time and providing all the info, I did not want a weapon specific holster and this looks like it will fit the bill, I did contemplate getting the passenger side mount but I did not want it sticking up when not carrying a passenger so opted for the driver side mount.

I am a lefty so I have to slingshot the gun anyway and I don’t think there is a mount to get for the other side closest to the door.