Show me your JL gun holster setup

Sponsored

Gunnut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 jlu
This is my setup currently.

Glock 19x in a Gum Creek under-steering-column holster. It works decently well - but isn't the most secure option in the chance I get into a crash.

IMG_20180430_130106~2.jpg

IMG_20180430_130115~2.jpg
Can you see this from outside the vehicle?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Can you see this from outside the vehicle?
Not really. You'd really have to be looking for it.

The sunglare and obstruction from the steering wheel would make it difficult to see.

It isn't in that holster when I am out of the vehicle. I transfer it to my body.

Gunnut45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2018 jlu
Not really. You'd really have to be looking for it.

The sunglare and obstruction from the steering wheel would make it difficult to see.

It isn't in that holster when I am out of the vehicle. I transfer it to my body.
I’m looking for something to conceal safely for when I am in places that don’t allow concealed carry. A Glock 43 is my typical carry gun and it does not fit in the top portion of the center console. It will fit in the bottom portion.

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I make custom holsters, and this might inspire me to build something for the jeep. I prefer it on the right side of the seat, between the seat and console.

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I’m looking for something to conceal safely for when I am in places that don’t allow concealed carry. A Glock 43 is my typical carry gun and it does not fit in the top portion of the center console. It will fit in the bottom portion.
Just so you are aware - "gun free zones", unless federal buildings, can not prosecute you for carrying. They can tell you to leave if they happen to see you are carrying, that's it.

It isn't a crime. Don't leave your gun in the vehicle if you are going into a movie theater, for example.

And at the end of the day it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I make custom holsters, and this might inspire me to build something for the jeep. I prefer it on the right side of the seat, between the seat and console.
That space is fairly limited. A kydex holster stuck to some velcro would probably work. The seat cushion would be wedged up against it.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is my setup currently.

Glock 19x in a Gum Creek under-steering-column holster. It works decently well - but isn't the most secure option in the chance I get into a crash.

IMG_20180430_130106~2.jpg

IMG_20180430_130115~2.jpg
In my JK I keep my SP 301 in a Tuffy locked underseat (driver side) box that is bolted to the floor between the seat and the floor using the bolts 5hat hold the seat in the tub.

In your pictures here it looks like you removed your carpet. I did the same in my JK and line-x the entire inside of the tub and would like to do the same with my JL (when it shows up ). Wondering if there is any sound deadening material under the JL carpet like the JKs had or is it all just painted metal (hoping for the latter)?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
In my JK I keep my SP 301 in a Tuffy locked underseat (driver side) box that is bolted to the floor between the seat and the floor using the bolts 5hat hold the seat in the tub.

In your pictures here it looks like you removed your carpet. I did the same in my JK and line-x the entire inside of the tub and would like to do the same with my JL (when it shows up ). Wondering if there is any sound deadening material under the JL carpet like the JKs had or is it all just painted metal (hoping for the latter)?
Plain metal.

I won't be doing any sound deadening. The noise I hear is from the wind - not the ground.

I just crank up the music to down out the wind noise.

Removed the carpet because I already got it drenched in muddy water and decided to just avoid having carpet entirely.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Plain metal.

I won't be doing any sound deadening. The noise I hear is from the wind - not the ground.

I just crank up the music to down out the wind noise.

Removed the carpet because I already got it drenched in muddy water and decided to just avoid having carpet entirely.
Exactly, I want to remove my carpet (once it shows up) and possibly bedline the inside tub like I did on my JK. The JK’s however had a bunch of “goo” under the paint that most thought was for sound deadening and was a bitch to remove. If you get time could you to take a few pictures of the rear tub and either front seat floor boards (sans carpet)? Myself and others would appreciate it if you can. See thread below where folks are asking as well so perhaps you could post the pictures there so we can keep this thread for your original topic.

Thanks as well, appreciate the response
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/removable-carpet.3577/
Sponsored