Sponsored

Show me your interior traction board mount.

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Want to mount my traction boards inside my '21 JLUS with hard top. Struggling to find a decent solution.

I know they get dirty, not worried about that.

Bonus points for pictures. And thanks.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Also interested, as it stands I usually put the back seats down and the boards on the long edge.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have the pics here somewhere. They’re not on my phone anymore. They are mounted in the back roof area using XG cargo Gama bags as a fixation point (The boards bridge the gap) and a small angle aluminum I bought from Lowe’s to add a bit more support on the leading edge. Basically, you break the tiny zip ties in case you need to get to the boards.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Sponsored

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
They will fit in the rear cargo driver side window if you slide them in from the backseat. I don’t have photos atm. I wrap mine in a small tarp which dampens knocking on the glass.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I know this isn't inside, but as a follow up to the above, I've used a ratchet strap to "tie" mine to the spare tire and driven hundreds (or more) miles with no issues. You get points that way too because people can see them and know you're an overlander.

Sponsored

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Rightline Gear 100J88-B 4 x 4 Jeep SUV & Truck Off Road Recovery Board Storage Bag, Black
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YQB6WJZ/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_2XV36PSBR2FAS149T1FS

https://www.extremeterrain.com/xg-c...unted-sportsbar-side-storage-bags-xg-314.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your interior traction board mount. 5364F0E0-E1F2-4092-9E72-4FE4B059C0F3

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your interior traction board mount. 5364F0E0-E1F2-4092-9E72-4FE4B059C0F3

I hang backpacks etc from the hooks, store things in the bags, and have the Sugowaza Silky Saw mounted on the inside of my Rebel Rotopax window mount inserts trying to utilize space efficiently.
Love your setup! What brand bags are those on the side windows?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Love your setup! What brand bags are those on the side windows?
XG Cargo Gama bags. The recovery board bag is Rightline Gear.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

On the 2 door soft top they should slide in from the back above the rollbar and below the top. I've put boogie boards there on our last beach trip. I don't own a pair of traction boards yet so I'm following this.
If you are running with the top off I'd probably attach them to the roll bar and the window frame so they provide shade. Would need to figure out a good front attachment point so they don't become airborne. I never take the top completely off. I'm very happy with sunrider mode.

Somewhere on the forum there is a thread with a guy in Dallas who bought straps that go around his spare tire and he bolts a shovel and traction boards. Looks good, secure, he drove hundreds of highway miles at speed with no problems.
Came across this thread by chance while looking for creative interior storage solutions, but I think you're talking about me!

Drove from Dallas up to Petoskey, MI and back with this setup and no issues. The shovel does like to adjust itself in the wind, but so long as there's no dust between it and the rubber clamps, it stays put. I typically check on it whenever I stop just in case.

Rolling on 35's now and the boards still clear the passenger tail light with the tailgate open, but will have to make some changes when I bump up to 37's.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your interior traction board mount. 1707279355840

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
In our two-door hardtop, the boards are kept in their bag, strapped up between the roll bars where they fit nicely and fill wasted space. This works fine as long as the rear seat is out or not being used.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
On the 2 door soft top they should slide in from the back above the rollbar and below the top. I've put boogie boards there on our last beach trip. I don't own a pair of traction boards yet so I'm following this.
It works with a hard top as well on the 2-door. I have two MaxTrax in a MaxTrax bag and they wedge in between the roof and the roll bars perfectly. They are so out of the way I forget I even have them.

The image quality is not great, but you get the...picture.

IMG_8902.jpeg
Sponsored