Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I'm absolutely fine with the way it drives. The 4xe is a torque monster and it has zero problems with it off the line. i came from a 3.6 sahara with 35's and it was ok. you can tell you loss power there but with the 4xe I honestly couldn't tell. my mph took a hit but i'm having too much fun to care.
Agreed, no issues with drivability with the 4.10s.
Sponsored

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I have some 35" KO2s in my garage and I’m on the verge of getting some Baja Boss 37s instead, but I’m really curious about whether or not I’m going to hate the way they drive. Are those of you on 37s with a Rubicon finding that the 4.10 gears are just not enough to handle the size. Heck, how are they riding in the Sahara with their gears? The added torque may be the saving grace but I’m just not sure. I know I’m a perfect world we could just regear but since that’s limited on a 4xe, are you still happy with how it drives?
After going back and forth for weeks on 35 vs 37 i bought a set of 35s K02s. Thought of all the same reasons you probably have on why i better go with 35s. I loved the look and size when those tires arrived but the thought of 37s tormented me from the day i ordered 35s (ps. my tires arrived before the wheels at my dealer)
So few days after my 35s arrives, I said f this and ordered 37s K02 with the dealer. Soft, light, rates C what else could I possibly need? Well, the answer was Mickey T, I called my dealer again and asked him to switch K02s for Bajas and I was sleeping well ever since.
After a month wait Im finally getting those installed on Monday.

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
After going back and forth for weeks on 35 vs 37 i bought a set of 35s K02s. Thought of all the same reasons you probably have on why i better go with 35s. I loved the look and size when those tires arrived but the thought of 37s tormented me from the day i ordered 35s (ps. my tires arrived before the wheels at my dealer)
So few days after my 35s arrives, I said f this and ordered 37s K02 with the dealer. Soft, light, rates C what else could I possibly need? Well, the answer was Mickey T, I called my dealer again and asked him to switch K02s for Bajas and I was sleeping well ever since.
After a month wait Im finally getting those installed on Monday.
Let me know how they compare once you put them on!

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Let me know how they compare once you put them on!
Visually comparison between KO2 and Baja Boss is huge. It feels like I’m comparing regular on road tires to m/t tires. Bajas are very aggressive in person. I have seen Baja tires often in shops they look way different mounted on 9” wide wheel. Super wide super aggressive.

Ride quality at first was not noticeable until I started to hit bumps and pot holes. Rated D tires are stiffer. Mine also were set at 40 psi and 45psi highway. I thought my Jeep had suspension issues. Now at 34psi pleasant ride. Highway is great too. Not as soft as stock 33s on 32psi but close. I don’t mind it at all.

Mileage def took a hit. Keep in mind mine aren’t rated C. Both gas and electric I def noticed.

Most noticeable changes is in braking. Regen brake isn’t as aggressive as well. Very heavy tires. With that said battery regeneration is better.

Power wise, thats where I was surprised. I can’t tell if I’m on 33s or 37s. This damn thing just doesn’t care. It just goes.

Sponsored

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Wheels: Method MR 312 17x9 -12 offset
Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja Boss a/t 37x12.5
Suspension: Mopar front lca. AEV 2” kit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show Me Your 4xe on 37s CEC083C3-BB2E-420E-888B-B7162192F7A9
Looks great 👍
Definitely consider shocks at some point for ride comfort and the extra down travel. The extended brackets will get you by for as long as you wanna roll with em so not a major rush item. Fox will ride a little softer than the Bilsteins Gatorb8 and I run so you might notice some more body roll but the dampening should be noticeably improved with the D rated 37's on road and off. I like the 5100's a lot compared to the stock Rubicon shocks even though they are a little stiffer. They just feel like a much more composed and smooth riding shock overall hitting bumps.

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Looks great 👍
Definitely consider shocks at some point for ride comfort and the extra down travel. The extended brackets will get you by for as long as you wanna roll with em so not a major rush item. Fox will ride a little softer than the Bilsteins Gatorb8 and I run so you might notice some more body roll but the dampening should be noticeably improved with the D rated 37's on road and off. I like the 5100's a lot compared to the stock Rubicon shocks even though they are a little stiffer. They just feel like a much more composed and smooth riding shock overall hitting bumps.

Thats the next step for sure for the suspension. Right now gotta get the tazer. Thanks for all the help. Very glad I went with AEV. What would I do with out you and @GATORB8
Haha had you told me right away and said its a must to buy those shocks I would of gotten those then along side with control arms :)
Now saving up.
This thing look like a tank now, love it. Gator was right from the beginning, if I was contemplating 35s/37s should go with 37s...

wnorton

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, F350
Here is mine on a teraflex st-1. 2” in the front and 1.5” in the rear. Bfg ko2 37 x 12.50 r17. I want to regear, but am on the fence between 4.56 and 4.88. However it not very noticeable that it has those tires on it. Tbh, I could probably have fit the tires with just the fender chop, I also have not really tested it out on the trail yet.
Can I ask, are those the ACE sliders?

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Hey guys, I got some good inspiration from this thread. While I wait on delivery for a new 4XE rubi, I would like to be fully prepared with minimum requirements and keep everything almost stock for now. Can someone validate this setup for me?

- 37" BGF KO2s
- Terraflex 2.5" spacer kit
- Terraflex wheel offset 1.75"
- RedRock spare tire relocation kit
- Stock wheels (I will possibly upgrade later)

Is that all I need to start on day one without any issues? Should I get the regular terraflex, or the one with the shock extensions?

I am new to this, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hey guys, I got some good inspiration from this thread. While I wait on delivery for a new 4XE rubi, I would like to be fully prepared with minimum requirements and keep everything almost stock for now. Can someone validate this setup for me?

- 37" BGF KO2s
- Terraflex wheel offset 1.75"
- RedRock spare tire relocation kit
- Stock wheels (I will possibly upgrade later)

Is that all I need to start on day one without any issues? Should I get the regular terraflex, or the one with the shock extensions?

I am new to this, so any help is greatly appreciated!
What aid your use case? Any/what kind of off road?

I would just get wheels now before I spent $250 on spacers. You’ll be able to sell your take off wheel/tires for over $1000.

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Makes sense! If I get different wheels, I may go with different tires too then! In general, will this be a better install then?

- Some 17 x 9 wheels (TBD)
- 37 x 12.5 x 17 tires (TBD)
- whatever spare tire relocation kit (most likely RedRock)

Also, the question still remains, should I get the spacer lift kit with shock extensions or no shock extensions?

This?
https://teraflex.com/jl-4dr-rubicon-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit-no-shocks-or-exts.html

or
https://teraflex.com/jl-2dr-rubicon-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit-shock-extensions.html

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Makes sense! If I get different wheels, I may go with different tires too then! In general, will this be a better install then?

- Some 17 x 9 wheels (TBD)
- 37 x 12.5 x 17 tires (TBD)
- whatever spare tire relocation kit (most likely RedRock)

Also, the question still remains, should I get the spacer lift kit with shock extensions or no shock extensions?

This?
https://teraflex.com/jl-4dr-rubicon-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit-no-shocks-or-exts.html

or
https://teraflex.com/jl-2dr-rubicon-2-5-performance-spacer-lift-kit-shock-extensions.html
If you aren’t going shocks, get the extensions, otherwise you’ll lose 2” of travel.

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Thank you so much! You've helped me a lot! I will be posting my 37s pictures here soon :)

One last question, do I get the kit with the coil springs, or are the factory coil springs and shocks good enough for this?

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
Thank you so much! You've helped me a lot! I will be posting my 37s pictures here soon :)

One last question, do I get the kit with the coil springs, or are the factory coil springs and shocks good enough for this?
Now I'm getting confused. If you're going spacers, you aren't going springs. If you're getting new shocks, you won't need the shock extensions, but if you keep the stock shocks, then you definitely need the shock extensions. Also, I'd recommend the Teraflex Alpha HD Tire Carrier, without the hinge over the Red Rock. It allows you to move up/down and in/out to best adjust for a snug fit, and it's the same price point.
Sponsored