Show her pictures of your JL's winch!

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
1. You seem well informed, good on ya

2. Something against Warn? Hardly. I'm from the PNW so that's the home team, and I've worked with them on many endeavors. But you do make me laugh out loud when you say "the fact that it's still sold by 4WP (who owns and sells their Smittybilt branded competitive products) speaks volumes about the quality of their products" You do realize how ridiculous it is to say that just because something is sold by 4WP (or ORW or anyone else who resells) somehow speaks to quality. Hardly. It speaks to the fact that margins are good and it's profitable to resell the brand more than anything else.

3. Dead horse. Carry on with the flogging sir.

How are times changing? If you can't see it, I can't help you.

The tone of your post is fairly argumentative, why is that? Nothing I said was untrue nor is there any bias one way or the other. And I don't work for any of these companies. What I do like to do though is share what I know with fellow enthusiasts. Sharing info is the purpose of any forum.

Have a good rest of your day.
hey man - I'm sorry my post came across as argumentative. I'm not trying to pick an internet fight here, but I was responding to what I would say were inconsistencies in your post. specifically:

- your post said that you're most interested in comparing product quality and specs and what's best for the consumer. yet you're also talking about how Warn is now owned by Keystone and that's causing heartburn for 4WP and other vendors. what relevance does that have to your point about doing what's best for consumers? just seems like you're trying to take a cheap shot at Warn and talk up Superwinch (a competitor who infringed on Warn's IP - which, as I pointed out, is actually bad for consumers so I'm not sure why you promote them)

- you said that Warn is likely going to start making all their winches in China. that would be new news - do you have a source for that? they have always made the VR there to hit a lower price point, but everything else is made in Oregon. I would say this was something in your post that was factually incorrect (unless you know something I don't).

in any case, like you, I also just want us enthusiasts to share information and have all the facts. it's good to have people like you on the board to share info. cheers

Advertisement

James

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
What kind of wheels to you have? They really look good on the white Jeep. Actually looking for wheels with orange bead rings.
The wheels are Mopar beadlocking wheels with the true locking ring. I had the rings powder coated red, you can make they any color you want

aai

First Name
aai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sting G 2.0 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
just completed the install, and for the hell of it I weighed everything on a bathroom scale. My rubicon came with the plastic bumper so Ill minus that which is approx 30lbs if I remember correctly.
OEM Stubby, Grill Guard and lower skid plate 70lbs
Warn winch plate, brackets, Epic sidewinder 40lbs
Warn VR 12S winch 57lbs
total 167lbs minus plastic bumper, net gained weight on front is 137lbs. That should take care of the reverse rake I have lol.

fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a85.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a84.jpeg

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Warn Zeon 12S Platinum

winch.jpg3 (2).jpg

G.D.S. 4x4

First Name
Garry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Hardrock 2dr '19 JL Rubi
Occupation
Old Jeeper not gonna say how long!
9.0 RC WARN Trying to stay on a diet!
20190709_123341_resized.jpg

Reactions: aai

Halstem1

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
just completed the install, and for the hell of it I weighed everything on a bathroom scale. My rubicon came with the plastic bumper so Ill minus that which is approx 30lbs if I remember correctly.
OEM Stubby, Grill Guard and lower skid plate 70lbs
Warn winch plate, brackets, Epic sidewinder 40lbs
Warn VR 12S winch 57lbs
total 167lbs minus plastic bumper, net gained weight on front is 137lbs. That should take care of the reverse rake I have lol.

fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a85.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a84.jpeg
This looks fantastic. want to do similar. Is there any difference in winch mounts? I see you did the warn mount. Also looked at the maximus 3. The mopar one costs more but looks like it installed differently by bolting to the side of the frame and not the front of the frame (I could be wrong).

Reactions: aai

aai

First Name
aai
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sting G 2.0 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This looks fantastic. want to do similar. Is there any difference in winch mounts? I see you did the warn mount. Also looked at the maximus 3. The mopar one costs more but looks like it installed differently by bolting to the side of the frame and not the front of the frame (I could be wrong).
thanks. Im sure every combination has been installed before and possible threads on it, but I didn't do a search. I personally was just trying my best to eliminate potential issues with my install. Played it safe and went with the same brand

morricus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
FROM Ant 12.5S Is it super low cost? Yes. Has it worked just fine? Indeed.

MVIMG_20190709_151946.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement