Sponsored

Shout out to the recovery groups in Las Vegas

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
I just want to take a moment to appreciate the amazing efforts of our local off road recovery groups.
These guys don't charge for recoveries and put in some serious time to help those stranded off road.

In the attached video SNORR (Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery) and ORRLV (Off Road Recovery Las Vegas) put in a full day's -and night's- work to get these guys off the mountain.
If you have local non-profits like this in your area, please do what you can to support them. You never know when it may be you who needs to be recovered...
Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to take a moment to appreciate the amazing efforts of our local off road recovery groups.
These guys don't charge for recoveries and put in some serious time to help those stranded off road.

In the attached video SNORR (Southern Nevada Off Road Recovery) and ORRLV (Off Road Recovery Las Vegas) put in a full day's -and night's- work to get these guys off the mountain.
If you have local non-profits like this in your area, please do what you can to support them. You never know when it may be you who needs to be recovered...
I've seen their recoveries on instagram. Some run of the mill to some serious "how'd they do that" recoveries. Very impressive. Very generous with their time and rigs.

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
Now this is awesome, I will send a donation - thank you SNORR + ORRLV

OP
OP
Speed331

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now this is awesome, I will send a donation - thank you SNORR + ORRLV
SNORR is also connected to Amazon Smile

AMAZON SMILE
The easiest way to support SNORR at no cost to you is via Amazon Smile. Purchases made through Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% to to a charity of your choices. Last year we received over $800 in donations through AmazonSmile.

Be sure to select “Southern Nevada Off-Road Recovery” as your charity and do your shopping with AmazonSmile.

And they are up and running with regular video's on their Youtube channel.

They are super busy over these three day weekends. Lake Mead is a mud pit under what looks like dry ground. I think they performed over 30 recoveries during the Memorial Day weekend...I'm betting on just as many this weekend.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks so much for creating this thread. Although I am a long-time Jeeper, I am new to the Vegas area and am just starting to explore all the great off-road opportunities here. I don't do a lot of extreme stuff and keep my 2-door Sport pretty stock, but it's very helpful to know about SNORR and ORRLV. I'll be sure to have their contact info handy next time I go off pavement. Much appreciated and hope to see you out on the trails!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Speed331

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for creating this thread. Although I am a long-time Jeeper, I am new to the Vegas area and am just starting to explore all the great off-road opportunities here. I don't do a lot of extreme stuff and keep my 2-door Sport pretty stock, but it's very helpful to know about SNORR and ORRLV. I'll be sure to have their contact info handy next time I go off pavement. Much appreciated and hope to see you out on the trails!
You're very welcome. Be safe out there, particularly around Lake Mead. The low water levels have left a quagmire of lake bottom silt hidden under what looks like dry solid ground. Don't get closer than 400 yards to the shore line without walking the ground first and testing it with a pole/stick...
Jeep Wrangler JL Shout out to the recovery groups in Las Vegas FB_IMG_1656029392278

OP
OP
Speed331

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SNORR just posted this today. They go deep in the wild to do some of these recoveries. And always for free...

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
You're very welcome. Be safe out there, particularly around Lake Mead. The low water levels have left a quagmire of lake bottom silt hidden under what looks like dry solid ground. Don't get closer than 400 yards to the shore line without walking the ground first and testing it with a pole/stick...
Good advice for sure. The only place I'll get close to Lake Mead, is at Boulder Beach:

Jeep Wrangler JL Shout out to the recovery groups in Las Vegas IMG_3670.JPG

Along the same lines, I've been wondering about how safe it is to drive across Jean/Roach dry lake bed. I know people do it all the time, and I don't think there's been enough precipitation to create any quagmires. Any thoughts or experience with this?
Sponsored