Sponsored

Should you uninstall Tazer before going to dealer for simple oil change?

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I'm guessing it would be wise to do so, but wondering if it is necessary ???

Will be taking it in for first oil change soon and will probably just unmarry and uninstall before that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I would just do the oil change yourself and not worry about the dealer.
not when they're free.....

I'll take my first three free oil changes and tire rotations thank you

Probably good idea to use the dealer to establish service history and protect against warranty issues

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I had an issue where they were trying to recalibrate my advanced safety system that was the result of the tazer.

That said, I never had an issue otherwise leaving it on when I had my 4 dr JLUR. I'm not planning on taking it off when I take my gladiator in for the first free oil change.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@SoCal

It is very foolish to leave a programmer married and attached to your vehicle when it goes into the dealership service department. Even if going in for the simplest of services.

Do your homework and you will understand why ...

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I don't have a tazer but if I did, I would yank it before it goes in for service. Too risky to give them an excuse not to perform a warranty repair on it.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
had a dealer tell me if they see any aftermarket mods to electronics, they are instructed to stop all work and return vehicle to customer, and place an alert if the vehicle ever trys to get dealer service.

I am a believer in the Magnusson Moss warranty law, but try to fight the corporation if they say don't come back. A simple free oil change can end up losing your warranty, even though they are denying warranty work, just all work. That might be legal. Annnnd all they have to do and done, is start the rumor...

Zanner1718

First Name
Suzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 GMC Yukon Tex Ed, '22 Cadillac CT5
Mine was bought from Jeep with the Tazer on it. Didn't even know I had it until I pointed out that I've never had to push the Auto Stop/Start button before. THey did all updates on it and replaced batteries and etc before they sent it to us. (2018 with 3500 miles on it - bought last Halloween). So it must have been plugged in. I'm not understanding what the issue is with this little thing? I don't know what settings are on it, but I don't want to lose all my settings by unplugging it/unpairing it. I like it how it is. Is it really that bad to send it to Jeep with it on? They sent it to me with it on!
Sponsored