Sponsored

Should we expect major incentives b/c of Corona

Do plunging Sales from Corona mean incentives are coming?

• Total voters

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
One of my friends that works at a Jeep dealership messaged me 84 months, 0% interest. It's a small dealership and they don't have what I want or I'd be all over it.
Sponsored

MDRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One of my friends that works at a Jeep dealership messaged me 84 months, 0% interest. It's a small dealership and they don't have what I want or I'd be all over it.
Which dealership?

thenewjs23

First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord (Soon a Jeep)
My GF and are planning to make some big purchases within the next year. She wants a M2 Comp, I want a JLUR and we both need a home. With mortgages at an all time low thats first. I'm hoping interest rates drop on auto sales soon after.

We recently started talking to Relators and they are seeing people bail on deals already. Retirements are taking big hits.

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I saw this too where I'm located but wranglers do not qualify for what I'm told.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
My dealership anticipates being shut down by the state as a non-essential business. They're running skeleton staffing on sales and even in service. CA just told Tesla their Freemont factory needs to close down. We can expect car manufacturing to slow down or halt and dealerships be shuttered or electively close as well. Worst case scenario forecasting says up to 20% unemployment if this progresses too long. Again, worst case scenario and I haven't yet looked at the best case and middle cases but we'll see an uptick in unemployment. The government is trying to prop up the purchasing power of people who are right now overspending on necessities and or lost their retirement in the downturn and waiting for it to spring up.The average American will hold out buying a new car for a while and I would say once we're on the up you will see manufacturers aggressively trying to ramp up sales to convince them otherwise.

Sponsored

Shawn19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 4dr
Heard the same about the 84 mo 0%, happening with Rams - still word of mouth, no proof.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There will almost certainly be huge discounts on cars if this crisis is anything like the 2008-2009 meltdown. I am hoping it's not. I hope the recovery is not so bad.

How big were the discounts on cars during the 2008-2009 crises? Back in late 2009 I bought a few cars for unbelievable discounts. The only time I ever bought new cars and sold them for just about what I paid for them 2-3 years later. The 2009 911 was a mid-cycle model with a greatly improved engine and the introduction of the PDK transmission. It should have sold like mad when it was introduced but the economy tanked. Nothing was selling. I bought a new 2009 911 4S with the brand new PDK for 28% off the MSRP. Prior to the crash a normal Porsche discount was about 5%-9% off MSRP if it was not a rare model. I drove that car for 3 years and sold it for just about what I paid for it. Same with a new 370Z. The Z was a brand new model in 2009. In late 2009 I bought a new 370Z with a MSRP of $37K for $30K. Sold it 3 years later for $29K. I told friends we will never see that happen again. Yet here we probably are again? Unreal.

I did not loose money on the cars but I probably lost a lot of potential money due to lost opportunity by not investing that money into the markets. Something to consider.

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If I got offered 0% for 84 months, I would have a new Jeep in my drive ASAP. I have a Gladitor and my wife has been hinting at she wants a JLU but she doesn't want to take on a car payment, this deal would sway her decision no doubt.

Sponsored

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
If I got offered 0% for 84 months, I would have a new Jeep in my drive ASAP. I have a Gladitor and my wife has been hinting at she wants a JLU but she doesn't want to take on a car payment, this deal would sway her decision no doubt.
If they had a Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited I'd have one ASAP as well. They have two lifted sports with a Mopar 2" and 35s already installed but I can't bring myself to settle for anything less than exactly what I want.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Only way I would buy is if a nice 5000$ Rebate was on the hood, people are NOT going to take new loans , hell 90% of the snowflakes out their are crying they have no emergency fund and cant pay next month rent or mortgage.

The car companies will realize they need some cash flow, there are folks who are savers and have cash and to entice them will offer fat cash rebates like they did after 9/11 and back in 08/09.

Maybe put a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty back in play.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
To the original question about incentives they are starting to show up now. Select Jeep, Ram and Dodge vehicles now qualify for 0% for 84m financing and your first payment isn't due for 90 days! Crazy good incentive.

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To the original question about incentives they are starting to show up now. Select Jeep, Ram and Dodge vehicles now qualify for 0% for 84m financing and your first payment isn't due for 90 days! Crazy good incentive.
Wrangler?

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Wranglers can take advantage of the "Friends and Family" discount. As far as I can tell the Renegade, Compass and Grand Cherokee models are the Jeeps that can take advantage of the 84m things. I will post updates as they happen though.
Sponsored