Sponsored

Should we expect anything better than 4-5% below invoice for now?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
On the order form you'll see the holdback. On mine it was $1,595 which is about 2.9%. So basically, my dealer offered me the Jeep at invoice, less the holdback, less the 1% affiliate discount, less the $500 military rebate and then added back in their doc fee and protection fee for profit. I got Mopar wheel locks with the protection fee which was $40. The protection fee also included cleaning and prepping the vehicle, which should be a sunk cost anyway. I didn't argue given the fact I was getting a great deal on the Jeep. Profit on the Jeep for them was $579-$40 for the locks plus what they get from FCA for selling a ton of jeeps, etc.

I'm sure there is other hidden profit in the deal because if I had gone to Koons I could've saved an additional $500. So if I had to guess, they made about $1000 on the deal which was a combination of cash and incentives they get back from FCA for very minimal effort as there was little to no back and forth in negotiations eating up time for the salesman or the sales manager. Finance took about 30min and I added in the MaxCare Lifetime warranty for $2665, which gave them an additional $100 profit.

My salesman had over 20 on order, so if they make $1000 on average per order, then in the first quarter of 2018 they made $20,000 in gross profit just from selling Wranglers.

I've seen some others post 7-8% below invoice and I've seen some really low OTD prices. I'd love to see those owners post details. I know some prices are contingent on using dealer financing which the dealer gets a kickback from the bank.

In the end, I'm happy, got a smoking deal, and have a good relationship with my dealer for future service and even purchases.

Given what I've learned from this deal and this forum I'm well prepared to negotiate my next vehicle purchase. I'm just not sure Porsche will be as flexible...ha!
4EC7AE35-375B-4D6C-854B-D2C135A00807.png
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Well, guess not all dealers want to show you the holdback. That sucks. Was that a copy or actual printout. If it’s a copy maybe they covered up the HB pricing.

Also, that a hell of a discount. What’s your OTD price before taxes, tags, and title? Also, is your dealer going to honor this price as this is before the increases by FCA?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^One more thing...the $60k MSRP is almost a real thing now. With the current price increase and if you add a few more options like the upgraded wheels, trail management system, all weather mats, block heater, trail rated kit, and soft top storage bag you’ll be around $59,500.

It’s crazy to think a fully optioned JLU Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo would be $60k MSRP I can’t imagine what this rig will cost with the turbo diesel and the 2019 price increase.

If the discount holds of 5% or 6% below invoice without any fees and then applying tread lightly 1% and military rebate, you could get that rig for $52k possibly. That wouldn’t be a bad deal and almost worth it to add all the options you could.

Insane!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
^^One more thing...the $60k MSRP is almost a real thing now. With the current price increase and if you add a few more options like the upgraded wheels, trail management system, all weather mats, block heater, trail rated kit, and soft top storage bag you’ll be around $59,500.

It’s crazy to think a fully optioned JLU Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo would be $60k MSRP I can’t imagine what this rig will cost with the turbo diesel and the 2019 price increase.

If the discount holds of 5% or 6% below invoice without any fees and then applying tread lightly 1% and military rebate, you could get that rig for $52k possibly. That wouldn’t be a bad deal and almost worth it to add all the options you could.

Insane!
He’s honoring the price , I got 6% below invoice with the thread lightly discount , my price without taxes was 50,319 7thousand under MSRP WITH TAXES 53,560.00 out the door plus 175 Doc fee license transfer 145

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
He’s honoring the price , I got 6% below invoice with the thread lightly discount , my price without taxes was 50,319 7thousand under MSRP WITH TAXES 53,560.00 out the door plus 175 Doc fee license transfer 145
I sighned a bill of sale it’s a done deal

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Question here. I have seen a few people post their order sheets, some of them have the destination charge listed and others do not. So are people negotiating destination to 0? Or are they in for a surprise?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Question here. I have seen a few people post their order sheets, some of them have the destination charge listed and others do not. So are people negotiating destination to 0? Or are they in for a surprise?[/ destination was included on bill then they deducted 6%

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
When I sighned my deal destination was 1195

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Awesome deal! Congrats.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Question here. I have seen a few people post their order sheets, some of them have the destination charge listed and others do not. So are people negotiating destination to 0? Or are they in for a surprise?
I haven’t seen any order sheets with $0 destination. Can you post one? Also the destination is now $1495.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I haven’t seen any order sheets with $0 destination. Can you post one? Also the destination is now $1495.
The destination is a factory thing I don’t think any way around it they raised it March 1 because of high demand they are selling jeeps like crazy

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Sorry if I wasn't clear. What i meant was some of these sheets show nothing for destination and no mention of destination. Mine, and a few others here, have a line item with the destination and cost.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
Sorry if I wasn't clear. What i meant was some of these sheets show nothing for destination and no mention of destination. Mine, and a few others here, have a line item with the destination and cost.
Yes mine was on the bottom of build sheet , last thing on it

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Holdback is 3% of total MSRP for Jeeps, so it is not calculated after the invoice. Affiliate rewards programs are typically 1% below invoice, such as Friends and Family. Typically, they are not applicable with any other negotiations other than the $500 military discount.
Ok so HB puts them even further below invoice than 3%. And they get 2% back from the factory on an affiliate deal not 1%. Not saying they shouldn't make money. I'm just saying there are lots of ways they can sell 5%-6% below invoice and still make money.
Sponsored