Sponsored

Should we buy another Wrangler? Wife wants a 4xe Rubicon

dav_webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Sarge, 2021 Rubicon 4xe Hydroblue
Should we buy another Wrangler? My wife owns a 2019 Cherokee, and wants to trade it in on a 4xe Rubicon. I have a 2020 JLUR already. She thinks we will look silly owning two Wranglers, I think she should go for it. Opinions? Advice? Who owns two JL’s? Would you do it again? What color should she buy?
Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Should we buy another Wrangler? My wife owns a 2019 Cherokee, and wants to trade it in on a 4xe Rubicon. I have a 2020 JLUR already. She thinks we will look silly owning two Wranglers, I think she should go for it. Opinions? Advice? Who owns two JL’s? Would you do it again? What color should she buy?
I vote no :). I like variety so I own a Wrangler and my wife a Tesla. It's fun to switch things up when we swap cars, basically total opposites of the spectrum.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You're asking THIS forum??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Besides, what's so strange about having two vehicles that can recover each other?
If it works for you and you want it, do it. She should get whatever color floats her boat.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I vote no :). I like variety so I own a Wrangler and my wife a Tesla. It's fun to switch things up when we swap cars, basically total opposites of the spectrum.
I agree. Wife just purchased a Tesla also. White also....lol

Sponsored

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Absolutely.....you already have one so not like you don't know what to expect. If this was 97 and you were wanting a couple of TJs as your DDs I'd be cringing a little but these new ones are hardly a compromise anymore.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My mom wants a JTR lifted really bad for some reason. My stepfather has a large mega cab diesel Ram and has a hard time justifying a second truck... He would be on board if they make the JT a 4xe. Mostly because when they are home and want something smaller to get around town, the electric option would be ideal and he greatly values the tax credit.

With that said. The 4xe can make a lot of sense for basic commuting and tax reasons. Your JLUR has great resale value, maybe there's something else you would be interested in also? Maybe she gets her JLUR 4xe and maybe a JTR for you if that's an interest? I think that would be a pretty sweet setup (more so the JTR in diesel option).

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'll be the one.
I like my Jeep to be unique to the driveway and my ego if I'm honest.
We did get her a 80th Anniversary GC loaded so we're both new to the Jeep world.
Who wants their wife driving a better rig? Unless she's the lawyer and you fish. 😎🐟