Sponsored

Should Jeep Provide Rentals for Warranty Work?

Macs79

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had to take my jeep in to have a seat issue fixed. It was locked all the way forward and I couldn't even get in the vehicle.
When I dropped it off at the dealer, they made it sound like it would be done the same day. That day has now turned into over a month and they still haven't started on it. Up to this point they wouldn't provide a loaner, I had to go up there yesterday and throw an absolute fit.

I have never had this issue before with any other car. Is this a Jeep thing or what?
Am I wrong for thinking they should be responsible for $1071.78 in rental fees that I have accumulated up to this point?
Is there someplace to contact about this?

This has turned me off of Jeeps. I guess there is bad dealers out there, but I even purchased it from them.
Sponsored

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
Any dealer you take it to, should provide you a free loaner, regardless if you bought it from them or not.

I'd ask to speak to the OWNER of that dealership, and if that don't work, escalate it fo the regional head office.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Any dealer you take it to, should provide you a free loaner, regardless if you bought it from them or not.

I'd ask to speak to the OWNER of that dealership, and if that don't work, escalate it fo the regional head office.
Pretty nice imagination you’ve got there. Not a reasonable ask by any means. Not all dealers have the inventory to supply loaner vehicles.
However, there is no excuse for not having your seat issue fixed quickly, even if temporarily while waiting on parts. There’s no creativity allowed these days. It’s all corporate bullshit.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The other issue is that maybe all their loaners are already out there. Most repairs are taking longer than usual with the supply chain issues they can’t get parts. So people are without their vehicles for longer.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
My dealer calls Enterprise (4 blocks away) and they always bring me a no charge rental.

Sponsored

CTEL23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe, Ford Expedition Stealth
My dealer always provides me with a rental when they perform warranty work.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Comment deleted do to likelihood of hurt feelings.

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
I have personally only had a loaner given to me once, and its technically covered even by the Mopar MaxCare warranty on my truck according to their TOC's. I have been given pretty much every excuse under the sun and that is from 5 different dealers in NJ.

As an additional bit, I have never had any service or warranty work take less than a week (routine maintenance included) and most take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.

I have recently been pushing this issue further as my other car got hit and is now stuck in a body shop, but realistically I think this may just be one of those "Jeep Things" people talk about.

If anyone does have any advice though I would also like to hear it, because I agree that for a 50-60K vehicle that is absolutely bonkers to me
Sponsored