Should I worry about W12 clutch recall??

First Name
Sheila
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2020
You should raise holy hell with your dealer. I thought that all manual Jeeps were under a ”do not sell’ order from FCA (that may have expired by now since a fix has been identified) and I also thought, perhaps incorrectly, that it is illegal for a dealer to sell a NEW vehicle that has an un-repaired safety recall.

call your dealer and start having a very candid conversation. Perhaps they will tell you that they have already fixed it. Or they will just dance. Then, If they start to dance, have them conference call in the Regional FCA rep.
They told me california acknowledged it and fixed it in May. I dont think so lol. I am getting lawyer when I get home. There are people still buying and driving them.

IMG-2146.jpg

Screenshot_20200808-083716_Gmail.jpg

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I’ve got a 2019 JLUS 6 spd manual...and I love it. I’ve got about 15K miles. I took it in for the recall service just for peace of mind. Can’t remember exactly what they did, but it involved putting a sleeve on something and inspecting it. Took them about an hour. I don’t like car dealers in general. But mine seems pretty good. And I’m happy with FCA.
Seeing these pictures and reading these complaints makes me wonder how we could be driving the same vehicles? I understand a lemon can come off the line once in a while. But It seems like a repaired clutch and transmission would fix it up like new, right?

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement