Sponsored

Should I wave back to a non wrangler Jeep?

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
upload_2019-9-24_14-28-59.jpeg

Yes, wave I would. End of thread!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a strict rule, I only wave on days that end in y

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep Wrangler community is widely known for its relaxedness, until it comes to the wave.

The Jeep (Wrangler) wave.

Gladiators have since been indoctrinated into the wave. We are not letting anyone else in.

They must purchase either a Wrangler or Gladiator to be a part of the gun club.

It’s tradition. Don’t break it.

Now, if your neighbor waves at you, a friend, whatever then of course regardless of what they are driving.

But that wasn’t the initial question. Don’t water this down.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My wife was with me the other day and I waved at a pretty girl driving a Gladiator. She waved and smiled back. Having been married for over 30 years, I was waiting on a reaction from the wife but nope, nothing. The Wave has it's benefits.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I would wave to any Jeep that waves at me. That said I will not initiate a wave unless it's a Wrangler/Gladiator I see coming. You wouldn't get a wave 99% of the time in return if you waved at everything else.

I remember a few years back with my JK I seen a very nice modded older Grand Cherokee passing by. I remarked to myself it was a really nice Jeep. We pass by, he waves, and I basically froze since he caught me off guard. I still feel bad over that one.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Why won't this thread die? I log in to multiple notifications about people liking my post from last month...... about how this is stupid!

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
When driving my CJs, I rarely initiated a wave to anything other than a CJ, or some older vintage 4x4 regardless of make. (Although I'd typically wave back if some Wrangler owner waved.)

I recall one day driving my 1970 CJ-5 down 290 expressway out of Chicago, and a guy in an old IH Scout 800 (that's prior to the more commonly seen Scout II) pulled up, and we both gave a wave and thumbs up.

A new Wrangler or 4x4 is mostly about coming up with some cash to buy it. But there is a kind of camaraderie and appreciation for keeping an old 4x4 operating and driving around, that in my book transcends the make. So maybe there is a Jeep wave, but also an old 4x4 wave as well.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I drove a lifted, modified Cherokee TrailHawk until earlier this year. I’d get waves from Wranglers, so I’m happy to wave at other Jeeps. Especially if they are built up. I’ve seen some impressive work with the little Renegades.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The Jeep Wrangler community is widely known for its relaxedness, until it comes to the wave.

The Jeep (Wrangler) wave.

Gladiators have since been indoctrinated into the wave. We are not letting anyone else in.

They must purchase either a Wrangler or Gladiator to be a part of the gun club.

It’s tradition. Don’t break it.

Now, if your neighbor waves at you, a friend, whatever then of course regardless of what they are driving.

But that wasn’t the initial question. Don’t water this down.
Unless they drive a Prius;) If they question you about not waving, you just respond with "O that was you? Sorry I didn't recognize you. All Prius look the same":giggle:

UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
After reading threads like this I feel like punching myself in the face a couple of times. But that's just me...

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wave at whatever you like. I wave at anyone that waves at me, and whatever else. I've waved at oldschool FJs and newer FJ cruisers too. And that crazy old dude with his super old G wagon. And cool cars. Those dudes that have like, a hotrod model A.. and have the guts to drive it around in crazy LA traffic. Mad respect!
Sponsored