Sponsored

Should I upgrade my OEM Steering Stabilizer?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
After hearing those horrible stories about steering wobble, should I just go ahead and bolt on a new aftermarket steering stabilizer?

Background:
  • 18 JLUR, built in Sep 18, everything stock, currently no steering issue, slightly loose steering but I know it is a "Jeep thing". 500 miles on the odometer, has Mopar lifetime warranty.
  • OEM Steering stabilizer, batch X208L, it is less than the TSB suggested (257)
  • I checked the bolts on the front steering components, and seems they are in specs
  • Does not have lift, and not plan to lift or modify the suspension
My concern is the factory steering stabilizer may go worse over time due to air bubbles, and it may facilitate deteriorating other steering components, even though right now I do not have issues.

But on the other hand, ain't broke ain't fix. Should I wait till steering start wobble and then replace it (1) another OEM with warranty (2) Fox/Falcon 2.1 on my dime.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I sure wouldn’t throw money at it if it doesn’t need it. If it needs relaxing, let the dealer do it under warranty. Why do you think you’ll have issues? With stock suspension, steering, and close to stock tire size, you’d probably go well over 100k miles before something gets enough wear to require replacement.