Should I trade my F-150?

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
OK, my advice and I've made LOTS of mistakes so rest assured, I wouldn't want you to do what I've regretted! Never trade or sell anything where you owe more than it's worth - UNLESS - it's out of warranty and about to cost you an arm & leg for repairs - then trade, but that should be a rare thing these days and even a couple thousand dollar repair is only 3-4 payments if you think about it. Get a little equity in the Ford and then decide. I have a Jeep and I love it. I'm one of the ones that didn't have all the death wobble, wandering steering, water leaking, stuff breaking in interior, bad rear differential, etc etc - mine has been fine, makes sign of cross, knocks on wood and says prayer! To me, driving the Jeep is a fun thing, sure it's loud, a little touchy steering compared to a car and there are a few things they could be improved but, it's fun, and life doesn't give fun that often, at least for me! If you're looking to compare it to another SUV, it WILL fall short on about everything except the removable top/doors and the coolness factor.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I kept my Dodge 4x4 Diesel, when I bought the Jeep. The truck has been laid for, for many years, and now I use it when needed, or once a week, to keep it all running right. The Jeep is a daily driver, fun, and easy to zip around in.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Really, in all seriousness, Trucks are used for one thing, hauling sh*t, if you don't have sh*t to haul, then trucks are bulky, and hard to drive, hard to park, AND your wife hates it. Jeeps are agile, useful, and really fun to drive.
THis. LOVE my F150 SCREW but it is a boat...a big comfortable boat. Love long trips in the ford, lots of room, good on gas (almost as good as my jeep), rides nice. But the jeep is a down right hoot to drive, and way more comfortable on trips then I thought it would be. Not as good as the ford but I cant see a trail and go explore like I can in the jeep. lol

If I have one rig it's a for sure JEEP.

oldskol

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Oh I analyze, scrutinize, and obsess forever before I make a purchase like this.

It’s a slam dunk deal other then I’ll be 6k upside down :(
This is personally how I look at being upside down: If I am $6k upside down and i'm not willing to front the cash it means I can't afford it. As I get older and think about my retirement planning I realize that I can't really afford any vehicle that I need to finance. I am fortunate to realize this in my thirties.

I am ready for a new vehicle, but I haven't pulled the trigger because I can enjoy reading these forums for free. If in a years time I am still excited about the JL I can buy one then. In the meantime I have dozens of less expensive hobbies to keep me busy.

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
THis. LOVE my F150 SCREW but it is a boat...a big comfortable boat. Love long trips in the ford, lots of room, good on gas (almost as good as my jeep), rides nice. But the jeep is a down right hoot to drive, and way more comfortable on trips then I thought it would be. Not as good as the ford but I cant see a trail and go explore like I can in the jeep. lol

If I have one rig it's a for sure JEEP.
I had a ford F-150 Pickup 8 ft bed, single cab 2008. I loved the ride, but it was so long that it was a monster to park, I was always afraid I would hit something, well I did hit something once...... So, I loved that truck BUT I needed a vehicle that could handle a car seat, (first grandchild), so I got a Jeep. Been happy every since!

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This is simple. Convince the wife to drive either the truck or the Jeep and keep both. They each have their purpose. My wife drives the JL and it is her favorite car she has ever had. I love both my, I mean her Jeep and my, I mean her F150.
Sponsored