Sponsored

Should I trade 2021 JLU Sahara for 2022 Rubicon or 2022 Rubicon 4xE

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You might consider ordering a Rubicon 392 with the Extreme Recon (XR) Package; it comes with 35s. I know a 392 is more money; but OMG... “The Power”...and I’m still averaging over 14 MPG in the city; it rides like a dream; it has All Wheel Drive (4H Auto) -- a big Safety Plus, and frankly it treats me to more “smiles per mile” than I ever experienced in my 3 previous Jeeps.
tempImageM65vY8.png
4WD Auto isn't "AWD". It's 2WD and will kick in the front wheels if it feels slippage in the rear. The 392 just doesn't have a 2H option.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The 4xe’s 2.0 is not a turbo. Unless one thing has changed.

I’d keep the Sahara. Unless there is something you just don’t like that comes on the rubicon. You don’t need the 4:1 transfer case as you don’t Offroad. You don’t need the wide track axles unless it’s purely for looks. They aren’t that much wider. You can buy the rubicon fenders. Hell you can get an atlas transfer case later if you decide you really do want to do serious off-roading.

Just regear the Sahara that you like already.
The 2.0 in the 4Xe is very much a turbo. Also,there is no Atlas for the JL yet either.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Heck no, unless you trade every year…. But then again it almost looks like it.

the JL is due for an interior revamp in 2023, most likely with bigger infoaintment screen and other « thanks to Bronco » enhancements. So wait another year or until the revamped model. You Sahara is new!

Sponsored

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
Hi Fellow Jeepers,

Help Needed !
I am in process of trading in my 2021 JLU Sahara (3.6L Auto with E-torque) which is currently on 35's KO2's & Fuel Vectors and has only 9400 Km on it. I was like almost about to get it regeared to 4:56 but then thought of trading it only as that makes more sense. I am confused between 2 options. I don't do much off roading hence got the Sahara initially but eventually learnt the money I am/ will be spending on it could have easily got everything in Rubicon to begin with.

I am only concentrating on these 2 models below :
1) Rubicon 2022 with 35'' Extreme Recon Package with other bells & whistles
2) Rubicon 2022 4XE

I am more inclined towards Gasoline 2022 Rubicon coz of following reasons :
  • 35-in tire suspension
  • 4.56 rear axle ratio
  • Dana® M210 wide HD tube front axle
  • 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full time FWD feature (which I don't have on my current Sahara )
Questions which I have on 4xe :

- How is the new 2.0L DOHC I-4 DI TURBO PHEV ENGINE as compared to 3.6L V6 Pentastar ?
- I would definitely like my 4xE ride on 35's & 1.5'' lift kit & then what comes after that correcting speedo & then regear will all that be doable easily considering its HYBIRD ?

I am thinking Gasoline Rubicon 2022 is the way to go considering the money I would be spending on 4xE later can now be spent & would be a little cheaper. Please suggest.

Pics of my current rig for those interested.

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Deleted member 59498

I think it was already mentioned but I think your biggest issue will be replacing right now. If you don't mind waiting not a big deal can drive current one until time to move on. Unless you guys up in Canada have a bunch on lots, which if ours lots are an example which are empty. We get some trickles here and there but they sometimes get snapped up in transit.

OP
OP
Tushar

Tushar

First Name
Tushar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara , 2013 Jeep Compass
I think it was already mentioned but I think your biggest issue will be replacing right now. If you don't mind waiting not a big deal can drive current one until time to move on. Unless you guys up in Canada have a bunch on lots, which if ours lots are an example which are empty. We get some trickles here and there but they sometimes get snapped up in transit.
Ya it’s a loss deal. I am losing like 18k CAD

Jeep Wrangler JL Should I trade 2021 JLU Sahara for 2022 Rubicon or 2022 Rubicon 4xE 28CD32BF-F7A1-4753-9478-01652A223C88

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Good point, but my dealer was not all ga ga about 4xe. In fact when I test drove 4xe it wasn’t going in electric mode & dealers excuse was to that was the jeeps sit in cold outside & batteries are frozen, hence its not working due to cold. Also, he was telling me you cannot only run it in electric mode as they had a case where customer was only running it in electric mode & the engine froze up so I was kinda discouraged indirectly from buying 4xe.

Also, what did you trade in ?
Traded in a 2018 JL Sahara punk'n

In my experience, dealers rarely know anything about the Wrangler, even basic stuff the salespeople don't know, and try to lie to pretend they know.

It's probably the same for any other model, but I have only had dealings with them and the Wrangler.

Personally I find the 4xe to be amazing, this is my 6th Wrangler in 30 years.

I have been waiting years for the PHEV Wrangler since I saw the PHEV Pacifica