Sponsored

Should I take my Sky One Touch to a Car Wash?

4thekids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUSA w/ Sky One Touch Roof
I didn't think of it until I saw a comment in another thread, so I wanted to bring up a dedicated topic. I just got my JLU SA with the SOT, last month. Should I be concerned about taking it to a local car wash (not hand-washed)? Anyone have any good or bad experiences?
Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I’m rolling the dice. I have the SOT top and a monthly membership to a nearby car wash. I’ve been through well over 30+ times and doing ok so far (knock on wood). The staff set it so that the water jets and air jets hit the top but no spinning brushes or drying brushes. Every once in a while, I’ve gotten a drip of water here or there. But largely, I’m confident taking it through (granted I know that car washes aren’t good for paint jobs in general).

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I didn't think of it until I saw a comment in another thread, so I wanted to bring up a dedicated topic. I just got my JLU SA with the SOT, last month. Should I be concerned about taking it to a local car wash (not hand-washed)? Anyone have any good or bad experiences?
In wouldn’t. But that’s just me. Even 1 drop of water inside (like the previous poster) is enough for me. Not gonna chance it.

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Just went through one this morning with no problems. I do go to a higher end wash place that actually hand dries the vehicle afterwards.

Sponsored

Johnvbell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
We've had our Jeep (with sky one touch) since May of 2019. Similar to @BernJLUR, we have a monthly membership to a local car wash. Have not had any issues in the two years of ownership.

Johnvbell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The jeep is my wife’s daily driver, she brings it to the car wash once a week pretty consistently.

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Old thread revive. When you folks get the car washed do you go ahead and do the full deal? I was curious since they often have clear coat protectant and other things you wouldn’t necessarily want on the canvas top.