Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
If you are referring to having backup when you are away from civilization, i personally think a backup of the main battery and knowledge of how to bypass the ESS battery is the best bet.

I must admit @theplankeye , upon review, yours sound like a better plan, BTW, hat tip to Jerry @Jebiruph https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/ for this inexpensive hack, which I have duplicated.

This is not to put down the nearly released Dual battery Systems for the JL that not merely replicate their additional load capabilities for why they were popular in the JK, but that they replace the ESS battery: a toy battery compared to the size of either of the Dual batteries that form this kit.

Of course between kit and batteries we're looking at a (if I remember correctly) $1K expense.

I was more thinking along the lines of just having an extra ESS battery if, or maybe I should say when the factory one craps out, to fix rather than work around such an issue in a pinch, as Jerry details.

I know FCA tested this system on all types of weather, but its hard (although not impossible) to simulate 10 years of ownership in a QA testing window.
Sponsored