Sponsored

Should I sell my JLUR for TRD Pro 4Runner?

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I

I spent two hours Saturday at a Toyota dealership in Fishers, IN. Looking at a Totota 4Runner. Its finally came down to that and a diesel JLUR. Not exactly apples to apples but close enough. I've had 5 Jeeps. This time its going to be a forever vehicle. As I sit here texting you in my 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in army green. Like the truck. Just don't love it. 4Runner is solid. Period. It got down the road just fine. Hotdogged through the infamous Hamilton county round-a-bouts. Diesel Jeep DEFINITELY gets with the program! Where I work, its impossible to take the doors and top off. Gravel pit/ready mix concrete plant. Both are great vehicles. Neither are cheap. Jeep tugs at my heart and soul. 4Runner is solid and practical. By this next weekend I'll have made my decision. Wish you the best on yours.
Same here. I’d opt for the army green if I do it as well and I don’t take doors and top off like I thought either. Which is why I’m at this crossroads
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Another factor is what I’m hearing is next gen will not be body on frame so these TRd pro that are will be hot commodity.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Ask
I

I spent two hours Saturday at a Toyota dealership in Fishers, IN. Looking at a Totota 4Runner. Its finally came down to that and a diesel JLUR. Not exactly apples to apples but close enough. I've had 5 Jeeps. This time its going to be a forever vehicle. As I sit here texting you in my 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro in army green. Like the truck. Just don't love it. 4Runner is solid. Period. It got down the road just fine. Hotdogged through the infamous Hamilton county round-a-bouts. Diesel Jeep DEFINITELY gets with the program! Where I work, its impossible to take the doors and top off. Gravel pit/ready mix concrete plant. Both are great vehicles. Neither are cheap. Jeep tugs at my heart and soul. 4Runner is solid and practical. By this next weekend I'll have made my decision. Wish you the best on yours.
full sticker price on 4Runner?

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
And again I’ll preface that I’ve been offered about $2000 less on trade in than I paid a year ago and that’ll save me on about $4000 of taxes with new purchase or I wouldn’t even consider this. Plus I’m trying to get price down a little on TRD pro since 21 is about to come out in couple of months.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Noooooooo!!!!! Dont check it out!! Focus!!! FOCUS!!!! No reason to throw Lexus in when you are debating between Jeep and Toyota. Remember the KISS acronym. Keep It Simple Stupid!! You have bunch of people who say keep the jeep and the rest say change it to Toyota. It is not supposed to be that difficult.

If you ask me - just buy both of them. Like Kluk said if you could not decide to date whether a brunette or a blond - ah what the heck - just date both of them. You can have the best of both world. Okay Kluk - somehow when I compare it to vehicle the woman's hair color does not work well.

Cheers!!! :like:
Nope this is wrong. He said his wife is checking out of her 4ru
I

Fishers and Carmel, round about capital of the world.

If it weren’t for St. Elmos, probably wouldn’t ever come back to Indy...

All kidding aside - probably the best place I have lived and hope I get back there some day.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Ask

full sticker price on 4Runner?
I'll keep shopping. I won't pay sticker for anything. From my research there is around 4000.00 between invoice and MSRP. So there is wiggle room. Depends on the dealer. I've got 9 dealers within 80 minutes or less from me.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

All kidding aside - probably the best place I have lived and hope I get back there some day.
I run a front discharge all wheel drive Advance-Terex concrete truck around Indy and surrounding counties. Hammer those round-a-bouts like I'm driving a Miata! Empty I'm around 36,000lbs. Full 76,000lbs.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I'll keep shopping. I won't pay sticker for anything. From my research there is around 4000.00 between invoice and MSRP. So there is wiggle room. Depends on the dealer. I've got 9 dealers within 80 minutes or less from me.
Yea I’m with you. But seems no one is budging on these army green ones.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I’m with you. But seems no one is budging on these army green ones.
2021's are going to be hitting dealerships pretty soon. They'll start wanting to move old inventory at that time.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Should I sell my JLUR for TRD Pro 4Runner?
YES. It's the internet and you asked.

Be sure to ask for marital and tax advice too. Everyone on the internet is an expert just ask us. Oh wait, you did :facepalm:

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
YES. It's the internet and you asked.

Be sure to ask for marital and tax advice too. Everyone on the internet is an expert just ask us. Oh wait, you did :facepalm:
Well again another smart ass. Like I originally stated and said it again I was asking people with real world experience with both. A perk of a forum. I don’t go around trying to be a smart ass and know it all like many on forums. But thanks for your input. It helped out a lot.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

I love me some St Elmos - their steaks and that famous shrimp cocktail are fantastic! Everyone I’ve ever met from Indy was super nice - seems like a great community.
Regarding the OP’s situation - I can only offer my situtaion, which was at the end of last year, I decided that I was going to buy either a 4Runner or a Jeep (I took a hard look at the LCs as well but just couldn’t get excited about a vehicle that I felt was a little too cushy and somehow at the same time underwhelming, for $85k). I test drove the 4 runner and the Jeep and took a long time to make my decision. It seems obvious, but at the end of the day, it all came down to what I got excited about driving and what I could see taking my kids around in. The Toyota will be reliable no question, but when it came to the fun factor - they’re not even in the same universe... The 4 runner also felt very small inside to me as opposed to the Jeep and that’s even with the freedom panelS and doors/top on. If you’re going to keep coming back to the dependabilty auestion, Toyota has a proven track record, but honestly, I think Jeep gets a bad rap In that department. I’d say hang on to your Jeep as long as you can (you already down it, and at least get well-past that first year depreciation drop, sales tax, etc.). Also, take it on a few toad trips - again, you already own it, and have such low miles, what do you have to lose? It’s not even close to being broken in yet. Not everyone feels as strongly about their vehicles as I do (although I suspect I’m in good company on this forum), but I seem to like my Jeep more and more every day - if you still want a 4 runner after a few trips, then there’s your answer.

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I love me some St Elmos - their steaks and that famous shrimp cocktail are fantastic! Everyone I’ve ever met from Indy was super nice - seems like a great community.
Regarding the OP’s situation - I can only offer my situtaion, which was at the end of last year, I decided that I was going to buy either a 4Runner or a Jeep (I took a hard look at the LCs as well but just couldn’t get excited about a vehicle that I felt was a little too cushy and somehow at the same time underwhelming, for $85k). I test drove the 4 runner and the Jeep and took a long time to make my decision. It seems obvious, but at the end of the day, it all came down to what I got excited about driving and what I could see taking my kids around in. The Toyota will be reliable no question, but when it came to the fun factor - they’re not even in the same universe... The 4 runner also felt very small inside to me as opposed to the Jeep and that’s even with the freedom panelS and doors/top on. If you’re going to keep coming back to the dependabilty auestion, Toyota has a proven track record, but honestly, I think Jeep gets a bad rap In that department. I’d say hang on to your Jeep as long as you can (you already down it, and at least get well-past that first year depreciation drop, sales tax, etc.). Also, take it on a few toad trips - again, you already own it, and have such low miles, what do you have to lose? It’s not even close to being broken in yet. Not everyone feels as strongly about their vehicles as I do (although I suspect I’m in good company on this forum), but I seem to like my Jeep more and more every day - if you still want a 4 runner after a few trips, then there’s your answer.
Sorry for all of the typos btw!!

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well again another smart ass. Like I originally stated and said it again I was asking people with real world experience with both. A perk of a forum. I don’t go around trying to be a smart ass and know it all like many on forums. But thanks for your input. It helped out a lot.
I research the absolute shit out of vehicles. As I read through all of these posts, I think about my decision. I put alot of thought into my decision. Maybe to much. But I enjoy it. Alot. And I will order my vehicle too. To much money to buy off of the rack so to speak and make payments on it. Eventually I'll shut the phone and computer off...and make my decision. Then have fun!
Sponsored