Sponsored

Should I sell my JLUR for TRD Pro 4Runner?

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
So I have a 2020 JLUR with 35x12.50 KM3 and the rest stock. Ordered it last year and have only put about 975 miles on it in right at a year. I haven’t used it like I thought I would and don’t have as much time for the off road as I thought I would (just some mild trails and on our farm driving). I love the Jeep but I also love the 20 army green TRD pro 4 runner and wonder if I would get more use out of it? I know this is a JL forum and I may have opened myself up for a lot of criticism but maybe someone will talk me into one or the other. Hoping some of you have experience with both. Thanks

84995E7F-72E9-4640-92E0-40C450F7FB6C.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
No, if you’re going to trade the Wrangler in, get in line for a Corvette C8. You have no need for a 4Runner if you were barely using your Wrangler and besides, you’re already halfway there in terms of price.
As much as i would love that I need an SUV. Like to camp, bike ride etc. nothing hard core. Probably right about not needing it but that’s what toys are for right. And I def don’t need a corvette as much as I’d love one.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
so you've had the Jeep for a year and only 975 miles? Would you drive the 4runner more? It seems like you barely drive the Jeep as it is, so why lose all the money in a trade, fees, and taxes? Just keep what you have if it does what you need...Unless it's a cosmetic thing??

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
so you've had the Jeep for a year and only 975 miles? Would you drive the 4runner more? It seems like you barely drive the Jeep as it is, so why lose all the money in a trade, fees, and taxes? Just keep what you have if it does what you need...Unless it's a cosmetic thing??
I would drive it more but no it’s not a daily driver. Thats kind of where I am too. Jeep is paid for and only reason even thinking about it is the value of my Jeep is a lot more than it would be in say a year or two.

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
Why do you think you’ll get more use out of a 4Runner?

I’ve never owned a 4Runner, but can’t see it being capable of anything your Jeep can’t do - so not sure I follow your logic.

All that said - I do also love the army green (the tacos are nice!)

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Another factor in all this is I don’t take the doors and top off like I did on my 2 door JK. They were off 6 months of the year and I’ve found it hard to do that with this jeep.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Why do you think you’ll get more use out of a 4Runner?

I’ve never owned a 4Runner, but can’t see it being capable of anything your Jeep can’t do - so not sure I follow your logic.

All that said - I do also love the army green (the tacos are nice!)
I don’t drive my Jeep on long road trips like I would the 4 runner. I guess I could do that though.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I would never own a vehicle that only saw less than 1k of use in a year - even motorcycles - but that’s me. If you have lotsa money and not a lot of debt, do what makes you happy. But certainly worth taking a hard look at whether or not the 4Runner will actually see more use.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Why did you get the Rubicon and put 35s on it if you want a "daily driver" to camp?.

What dont you like about the jeep?
Well the 35s don’t even push the Jeep anymore than the 33s and I just opted for bigger tires mostly for looks to be honest since we all know the stock rubi is capable of most anything most of us do. I was able to get a good amount for stock take offs so why not? Most feel the 35s should be stock.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Also throw this in. My wife is trading in her 4 runner due to a bad accident that was not her fault and she thinks things are going wrong with it now ($20k worth of damage). And I love the 4 runner and would love to keep one in the family and she just won’t go for the TRD pro herself haha.

9929F1EB-CDA2-4497-9980-56CE7D4B3649.jpeg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Well the 35s don’t even push the Jeep anymore than the 33s and I just opted for bigger tires mostly for looks to be honest since we all know the stock rubi is capable of most anything most of us do. I was able to get a good amount for stock take offs so why not? Most feel the 35s should be stock.
Right but having more aggressive, bigger tires will make it less of a daily driver. So the looks come at a price. A stock rubi looks better than a 4runner imo, and you can still use it as a daily driver.

My question is, why wouldn't you take your jeep on long drives? whats holding you from it? what makes you think you will take the 4runner? you havent given the jeep a chance.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps aren't for everyone, reading between the lines I feel you have already decided to switch you just need that nudge. Both are great vehicles and hold there value, put that aside and look at the room gained , little more road friendly and huge after market like Jeep. Either way you look at it, it is a win win and the ball is in your court....

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
I don’t drive my Jeep on long road trips like I would the 4 runner. I guess I could do that though.
If I were you I’d start here.
After a few long trips, if you don’t love driving it then maybe revisit.
Sponsored