Sponsored

Should I Get Alignment at Dealer or Independent Shop?

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Very simple

I get how to adjust the steering wheel, but maybe that’s not the problem? Could be an alignment issue? My Jeep was put on a train, then a truck, from the factory to my dealer. I’m thinking all that could have messed up the alignment.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I get how to adjust the steering wheel, but maybe that’s not the problem? Could be an alignment issue? My Jeep was put on a train, then a truck, from the factory to my dealer. I’m thinking all that could have messed up the alignment.
How is it handling? If there is concern there then I understand wanting to get checked.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Loading your Jeep for transport will not mess up the alignment. It can literally be done with a tape measure and a 15mm wrench.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Only thing they will do is toe and straighten wheel. Nothing else is adjustable unless you get adjustable control arms. Very easy to do both yourself. You will do at least as good a job as most shops you will take it to.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
May not pertain to your problem but keep in mind the steering wheel is set to center on a perfectly flat surface. Any crown in a road will cause the steering wheel to be off center a bit.
Sponsored