Sponsored

Should I disconnect flash Cal before taking to dealer?

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

my 2018 JL instrument cluster died completely. not the interment stuff I’ve been reading about on this forum. One day it worked fine the next morning the jeep starts and runs fine but I have no gauges no instrument cluster.

I made an appointment with the dealer after checking all the fuses that I thought would apply to it and they all look good, I have re-geared from 3.45 to 4.10 and use a flash cal. I am afraid if I take it in and they reset my jeep my flash Cal will be worthless? Is this correct? If I reset to stock forum, will this mess anything up since the computer will think I have 3.45 gearing when in reality I have 4.10 gears.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes.

I am afraid if I take it in and they reset my jeep my flash Cal will be worthless? Is this correct?
No.

If I reset to stock forum, will this mess anything up since the computer will think I have 3.45 gearing when in reality I have 4.10 gears.
Your speedometer will be off and your transmission might shift weird until you use your FlashCal to reconfigure your gear ratio.

OP
OP
Jeep’n Jay

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Yes.

No.

Your speedometer will be off and your transmission might shift weird until you use your FlashCal to reconfigure your gear ratio.
thank you further detailed reply. I will do this

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I would absolutely always remove anything like that before going to dealer.

OP
OP
Jeep’n Jay

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I did end up removing it and surprisingly it didn’t drive that bad shift points were slightly different but not that noticeable honestly. New cluster has been ordered it’s about a three week wait he said so now I get to drive around with no gauges
Sponsored