Sponsored

Should I buy this 2018... Or order 2019 JL?

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
And that is a form of knowledge. However- reading the same reviews and actually putting butt in seat for 12k miles will account for more. Sorry, don’t mean to be insulting.

Further- the math supports it as limited, not the norm.
That is great. Your experience will be invaluable when We need advice on something that requires ass time in the vehicle. Jeep will need to hire a politician if they are attempting lie their way out this one.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
That is great. Your experience will be invaluable when I need advice on something that requires ass time in the vehicle. Jeep will need to hire a politician if they are attempting lie their way out this one.
So we agree to disagree. If I need an internet warrior, I will seek you out as well. Help for help.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
What is build date of this 2018? An employee for Jeep already said issues are constantly fixed on the assembly line. In other words a late 2018 will be or should be just as good as a early 2019.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Except at the V.A. , lol .
:cwl: . . . yes it is a laughing / crying situation, and it hasn't gotten better (recently) ! But, you'll never know it when walking up & down the halls - LOTS of new Posters with "self applause" and "fantastic new achievements" to Better Serve Our Nations Finest ! B.S. ! My particular V.A. Hospital has Lost more good Doctors in Critical Departments (oncology, Radiology to name 2) than the few "ok" ones that have come on board. I had to go to the Urgent care - went on a (slow day?) this past Sunday at 8:30am. 3 people ahead of me - all taken care of (phase 1); still it took till 9:30-ish to get my phase 1 interview with a "nurse" ( this guy was rude, cocky and obnoxious) who, it was quite apparent, wanted his 3 day weekend instead of being at work !
But on the bright side, when I pulled into the parking lot, I parked next to an Older (2-dr) Wrangler. It was beat up but the paint was good and the hard top usable, ha ! Gets better, cause when I finally left (~12:30) after phase 2 & 3 - X-RAYS & DOCTOR CONSULT + PHARMACY - I walk out to My 2016 WK2 and see 3 more Wranglers ! ! Yup and all 3 were Older versions (2-dr) that have seen better days, but one was a JK with some mods. There I was surrounded by 4 Wranglers - felt like I died and went to Jeep-Heaven ! ? Sure wish I had my camera or phone with me . . . it could of been a very unusual picture moment ! This has been a TRUE & Factual story. :clap: . Oh, and to stay on topic, let me just add that I've decided to Wait - just a bit -see what the 2019's have to offer !

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Look up Tacoma frame issue :)
Oh did you take my comment as "Toyota never has issues"? :cwl:

I love my Wrangler but if my life depended on what I drove and if I didn't have to crawl rocks to survive, not only I'd get any Toyota, I would :ontheloo: on the Wrangler.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
What is build date of this 2018? An employee for Jeep already said issues are constantly fixed on the assembly line. In other words a late 2018 will be or should be just as good as a early 2019.
The welds are much better now. I was curious and stopped at a dealership near me last evening. There were about 30 Wranglers on their lot.
I looked at about 15 of them. The areas with bad welds from the earlier run/s were now much better across all models.
Most were Sport, then Sahara and a couple of Rubicon's. Builds were 8/18 on the ones I was able to open and verify.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Watch for rebates in 2019 . Watch for incentives in 2019 .
Rebates? Incentives? On a Wrangler? Jeep can't make these things fast enough for either those of us ordering them custom, or for dealers wanting to replenish their lots. Look at Jeep.com. They are offering 0% interest on every model except ... Wranglers.

There are reasons to buy the 2018 (get it sooner, may get a better deal if the dealership wants to move that vehicle, etc), and there are reasons to wait (slightly higher resale, can order the exact package you want, etc). But I promise you one thing you should NOT factor into your decision is the expectation that Jeep will be offering promotions on 2019's. There are smart people in Auburn Hills, and they know they don't need to offer anything to move Wranglers.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya, there will never be incentives on Wranglers. Maybe if they make them so shitty and sales Plummet 75% LOL.

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
That sounds like a nice Jeep and a fair deal.
I won't comment on the mechanical comments that people have mentioned but will make a fw comments on buying now vs. ordering.

1. depends on when you need it. Given the slow delivery times that people (including me) have been experiencing, ordering now (depending on color and options) won't get to you until December at the earliest.
2. yes, a 2018 is one MY old. Not as big of a deal if you keep your cars for a long time. Bigger deal if you do.
3. getting 5-7% under invoice isn't as easy as people on here might suggest. Don't get me wrong, it isn't impossible...but it really depends on where you are, how far you are willing to drive, etc....and be sure to compare doc fees which can eat away at at least a percent of the discount for dealers that charge a lot for this.

Good luck with your decision!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well... I took delivery of an Ocean Blue Sahara 6 Speed. 55 miles in and Pretty happy. Time to learn new tech!
Great everything worked out for you. Enjoy your new JL!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
What's Tread Lightly? Do you get a discount for being a member there or is this something else?
Tread Lightly is a great organization. They have various levels of membership. The $100 membership has a bonus. It qualifies you to buy a FCA product like a Wrangler for 1%-under invoice without haggling. Some dealers will let you stack the discount so you can get 5%-7% below invoice. Attached is a link to Tread Lightly and to the master thread on Tread Lightly.

https://www.treadlightly.org/about-us/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rogram-applies-to-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl.2384/
Sponsored