OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Thanks for all the info ... great points from everyone .. Still on the fence.

Probably worth mentioning I live in Minnesota. There's one good park I'm aware of (Gilbert OHV) I've been there a few times, only did the easy trails, but holy cow they have some hard stuff, and some large rocks!

I also have no idea where I'm going to wheel next, Rubicon trail, Arizona, that one badge of honor trail in Vegas, I just wing it every year, not counting hitting Moab or Colorado at least once. .
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Does it change anything if I said I am getting 20% whatever I buy from them from a previous arrangement ?

So the $2,000 rock sliders would be $1600. ..
For me it would still change things. For $1600 you can get a set of sliders, front and rear diff skids and a oil/trans skid. That is more than enough for near everyone.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I'm leaning heavy into getting the White Knuckle rock sliders ... Since they would only be about $880 shipped and painted ..

I am willing to spend more money, but is there more value in the nextventure one's ?

The are heavier I'm sure, which can't be that great ... pro's and con's ?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
The White Knuckle ones look like a good design & value. When I get new sliders that's probably what I'll go with.

Sponsored

Kingkat900

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 tj
Just my thoughts, don't by cheap or weak sliders. In the end the cost of a good set of sliders is cheaper than body work and paint repair. I personally run motobuilt sliders and they have held up excellent.

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
I’ve thought about the same recently and this was my conclusion. For what I do and my build plans are, as much as I would love NVM sliders knowing they can take pretty much anything, I found them overkill and likely going LoD when the time comes. I have a XR also and what I do would be probably in that 4-7 range of trails. And personally since I’m not lifting the vehicle anytime soon (if ever), I will spend 2k it on their aluminum skid plates (when on sale from 2.4K to 2k) because I come closer to scraping or actually do scrape wayyyy more than I do to hitting sliders. So in my mindset, I have heard LoD makes great sliders and will me more than capable for what I (we) do and with the savings in difference put it towards other parts and get more relevant value for the same overall cost.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I'm leaning heavy into getting the White Knuckle rock sliders ... Since they would only be about $880 shipped and painted ..

I am willing to spend more money, but is there more value in the nextventure one's ?

The are heavier I'm sure, which can't be that great ... pro's and con's ?
I can't find on the NVM site the weight of theirs, but I can't imagine it is much more than 10-20 lb max more than anything else if that even.

The value thing is relative. Our family doesn't pay full price for anything and we don't pay for shipping (99% of the time). BUT, when it comes to overall value that is subjective. Paying full price for WK sliders at $900 versus a discounted NVM slider at $1600... I still come out ahead IMO. I'd normally support local (NVM is based in Grand Junction, CO), but not when they are that much more expensive than others.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I can't find on the NVM site the weight of theirs, but I can't imagine it is much more than 10-20 lb max more than anything else if that even.

The value thing is relative. Our family doesn't pay full price for anything and we don't pay for shipping (99% of the time). BUT, when it comes to overall value that is subjective. Paying full price for WK sliders at $900 versus a discounted NVM slider at $1600... I still come out ahead IMO. I'd normally support local (NVM is based in Grand Junction, CO), but not when they are that much more expensive than others.
For anyone interested, the NVM rock sliders weigh 100 lbs per side, without aluminum inserts, per a chat with a rep on their website..

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
That's good info... I think I've read of two people on here getting body damage from the stock Rubicon sliders .. However they never give too much context as to how .. maybe they were hot wheelin' it .. that's what scared me into thinking i need aftermarket ones ..

I definitely don't want body damage.

I have direct experience here....

2 door JR with the Mopar Rock Sliders. Was in Vermont and crawling over a rock on the trail...it was mossy/slippery. Tire came off the rock and I landed on my rails against another rounded rock. It pushed the front of the rail up into the body and I have a small indent. You have to look for it to see it.

With that being said, I went ahead an ordered a set of Rock Hard Patriot Angled Up sliders and look forward to getting them on. I think it'll be a heck of an improvement.

On the TJ's the practice was to have body mounted sliders...and they worked quite well. Now with the JLs (I don't have experience with JKs), the practice is to mount to the frame rails as the body construction is different.

Jeep Wrangler JL Should I buy the NextVenture rock sliders ?` 1670553011615

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's good info... I think I've read of two people on here getting body damage from the stock Rubicon sliders .. However they never give too much context as to how .. maybe they were hot wheelin' it .. that's what scared me into thinking i need aftermarket ones ..

I definitely don't want body damage.
You're fine as long as any potential damage is less than the cost of those skids! ;)

I'm thinking that I would prioritize skid plates over heavier-duty rock sliders, but that might just be me. I've got the Next Venture UHMW aluminum skids on my diesel and they're pretty damn sweet. None of that grinding or anything...it just slides off the boulders.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I got a quote from a reputable shop on how much to weld sliders. $800 ! That literally rules out NVM. $1600 + $200 shipping + $300 for powder coat? + $800 install = $2900 ??

So it comes down to the LOD or White knuckle, which would come painted and are bolt on for $800-$1100 ...

Pro's and Cons between those two ? I like the fact you can raise one side of the jeep with the highlift and the LOD . ..

I would install the bolt on ones myself.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
The LODs are easy to install in the garage and very stout. I have the Destroyer Rockslider steps.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
The WK ones are similar, though not as likely to find as many people with them. Install looks easy enough and there is at least one video on YouTube. They can be jacked up by the slider as well.

the LOD also use the body mount which tends to be a point of concern for most people. The body mount bolts are known to break.
Sponsored