Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Give us a call at 1-800-845-3567 and we will troubleshoot it for you!

CassieAtBestop

Oh I by no means expect that. I came from the factory soft top, so I don’t have unreasonable expectations. I may have just got a first-run where the fabric was slightly enlarged, which is allowing it to move more. I guess I should follow up with @BestopTeam
Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
After so much back and forth between the factory and the Bestop, considering everything....
There was the huge "I want to be completely topless" factor, then there was the whole I just paid all this money for the vehicle.
In the end I went with the Bestop.
I don't care about the potential loss of cargo, if it can hold some groceries and more importantly cold beer it's all the same, so they each got a point.
Fully topless vs mostly topless, factory top got a point.
Availability, factory top (unless you are willing to pay almost double retail) 3 months, NX immediate, Bestop point.
Factory top VS Bestop (at the price I paid for the BT VS the best price I can get on a factory top) $1400.00 difference, Bestop gets a point.
Bestop won the battle, hands down.
The real question is will I ever put the hardtop on the Jeep again or should I sell it.
FWIW, the rear window flap and the gap at the tailgate, the gap can be corrected by calling BT for the new larger seal, the flapping appears to be only at the very bottom and the only way I noticed it was when I sat up in a very awkward way to see if it was flapping, I believe it was because of the air gap that I temporarily corrected with a piece of pipe insulation while waiting on the improved seal from Bestop.

I can guarantee one thing, for sure, 100%, if you have an issue with a factory top, the dealer, parts department or whomever is going to look for any possible reason to make it your fault, Bestop has top notch customer care and they admit their mistakes, unlike 99.99% of the companies.

Buy the top and you will be very happy!

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had wanted s trektop for my 2 door but I see now that I can’t roll the back up and tuck it under the sunrider like I could on the jk.

Also now that I have a garage and hoist for the hard top I’m in no rush to get a soft top. I’ll wait till I see someone selling an oem for a reasonable price. Right now they are just asking way to much!!

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Trektop NX for my 2dr JLR a couple weeks ago, and have been pretty much completely happy so far (other than a streaking issue with the vinyl windows, which I believe Bestop will remedy). My favorite feature is the Sunrider feature. The top accordions back, so even if you are sitting in a low clearance area you can easily pop it open and throw it back. More importantly, if you are driving with it open and rain is coming, you can easily reach up and pull it closed without even unbuckling your seat belt. For the 2 door, I can't imagine wanting to remove more of the top than occurs when you fold back the Sunrider (then again, the back seat was taken out of my Jeep approximately 10 minutes after bringing it home :^).

I've had no flapping (although there is an extra strip of rubber along the tailgate that does seem to want to separate from time to time- guessing this might be the piece they added... it snaps right back in place, it just sometimes pulls loose on one side when you remove the rear window). The top is REALLY quiet for a soft top (pretty much as quiet as my hardtop), however, I agree with the former poster regarding the thought of ever removing this thing (I'm thinking the hard top will probably be sold eventually- couldn't imagine uninstalling and reinstalling the frame to this top. Personally I far prefer the slope back look of this top vs the factory top.

I 100% agree with the comment about the Bestop logo prominently placed above the rear window... c'mon man, I paid full price for the top, I shouldn't be forced to be a rolling advertisement (might try to tape it up and try a light coat of Plasti-Dip to delete the logo).
tumblr_pqqgycPYoF1tkp167o1_1280.jpg

tommyboyii

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport / 285-70r17 BFG A/T KO2's (c-load) / Pro Comp 17x9 (-6) offset rims / Red Rock 4x4 Stubby Bumper / Bestop Trektop NX fast back soft top
I must have totally won the lottery. no issues with my 2018 JLU sport at all. 10K miles. no death wobble, no issues at all. gas mileage still 20+. new rims/tires with zero problems.

I bought the trek top NX & installed it in a matter of 2+ hours ...(with my 13 year old daughter since this will be her sweet 16 'present' in 3 years. I figure she can beat it to death; its a jeep). the top has no flapping. no leaking. no misaligned parts, no seal issues. noise at 70+ MPH is negligible. maybe I am just oblivious.

disclaimer: yes I debated on the OEM only because the install looked "quicker". but the trek top was a breeze to install.

get the Trek top!!

(thread hijack: now do I lift or not??)

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Sponsored

Woofandwag

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2 DR
My Trektop does not flap. They did send me an extra seal for the bottom of the rear window but it wasn't due to flapping. I did take extra time during install to make sure everything was lined up perfectly and the fabric was tight.

Also, you do not need to completely disassemble it to remove it for winter. Take out the 12 large torx bolts and the entire thing lifts off.

IMO, both tops are good. They are just different.

Lake 19 (2).jpg

-Eli
I just installed mine and the bottom gasket on the rear window is falling off?? Is this why they sent you another one?

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I just installed mine and the bottom gasket on the rear window is falling off?? Is this why they sent you another one?
Pull it off, pinch it together and press it back on.

KieranPeterson

First Name
Kieran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Not sure how to reply to specific post on mobile - but I emailed Suntop over the last few days about a 2dr JL top and this was the response I got.

E260DAB1-E568-4660-A408-BC66129EE84D.png

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey all, I just wanted to post an update. I have been trying since January to get my Trektop working as advertised, and all to no avail. The problem with the flapping and clanking have only gotten worse as the weather has warmed (I'm assuming warmer weather gives more slack to the fabric). A while back, I received help from @BestopTeam, and we tried several things that didn't work (replacing windows, adding the tailgate gasket to the rear window). I really, really wanted this thing to work, but I can't even get in touch with Bestop at this point. I've submitted another ticket two weeks ago that is still unanswered, and I've left two messages over the phone, but my calls have yet to be returned. It got to the point to where, six months later, if I don't have anyone to help troubleshoot my issues, I'd rather just return the thing. I even messaged that I'd accept store credit, but again, no reply. Unfortunately, because I've been unable to get in touch with Bestop, I'm going to have to dispute this with my credit card company, which I'm really not looking forward to doing.

I know a lot of users are having a flawless experience, and I honestly wish that was me. I'm not one of those people that's impossible to please. I'm not trying to bash a company, but figured I'd offer my experience for anyone on the fence about this. If anyone has any specific questions about the product, my problems, or the process, please feel free to post them here or message me privately. Good luck out there!

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
@ParthianShot Hopeful Bestop replies to you. Sounds like you just got a bad top... I am surprised they didn't give you a direct swap. Sadly, your soft-top choice are few right now.

I opted for the OEM twill top after pitting it head to head with the NX. I'm glad I did. Easy to use, flawless and looks pretty damn cool in 'safari mode'. ...made by Bestop.

@BestopTeam respond to this guy... take care of him. You don't need a black eye like this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

I apologize for my delay, I've been in and out of the office at events.

Please PM me your ticket number. Our customer service team is slammed with emails and taking a lot longer to respond. They are only 6 people working as fast and as hard as possible. Also, feel free to PM me if you are ever not getting a timely response. I have out IT department looking int the VM thing, we have a dedicated person calling all the VMs back.

We will get you fixed up, i will keep an eye out for your PM.

CassieAtBestop

Hey all, I just wanted to post an update. I have been trying since January to get my Trektop working as advertised, and all to no avail. The problem with the flapping and clanking have only gotten worse as the weather has warmed (I'm assuming warmer weather gives more slack to the fabric). A while back, I received help from @BestopTeam, and we tried several things that didn't work (replacing windows, adding the tailgate gasket to the rear window). I really, really wanted this thing to work, but I can't even get in touch with Bestop at this point. I've submitted another ticket two weeks ago that is still unanswered, and I've left two messages over the phone, but my calls have yet to be returned. It got to the point to where, six months later, if I don't have anyone to help troubleshoot my issues, I'd rather just return the thing. I even messaged that I'd accept store credit, but again, no reply. Unfortunately, because I've been unable to get in touch with Bestop, I'm going to have to dispute this with my credit card company, which I'm really not looking forward to doing.

I know a lot of users are having a flawless experience, and I honestly wish that was me. I'm not one of those people that's impossible to please. I'm not trying to bash a company, but figured I'd offer my experience for anyone on the fence about this. If anyone has any specific questions about the product, my problems, or the process, please feel free to post them here or message me privately. Good luck out there!

beachmagic

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Hello,

I purchased the bestop trektop nx a few years ago and now the back is so cloudy I can hardly see out of it. I use their cleaner but it doesn't help. Two years ago I moved to the Outer Banks so I don't know if it is because of the salt air but it is very disappointing. Hopefully you will have better luck with yours.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just to update everyone, Bestop is sending me a complete replacement, which is fantastic news. It's nice to see a company do the right thing and stand behind their product. It should be here in 2-3 days, so I will update this thread when I get a chance to install it.

2008jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
If you are having problems with your Trektop just be patient. Bestop WILL fix them! I just received the replacement parts and everything is the way it should be. No flapping and the replacement part for the rear bar fits perfectly.

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you are having problems with your Trektop just be patient. Bestop WILL fix them! I just received the replacement parts and everything is the way it should be. No flapping and the replacement part for the rear bar fits perfectly.
What was the specific issue you were having? What part fixed it?

They’re sending an entire new unit, but if I only need a part or two, I’d assume they’d want the rest back. I’d hate for the company to take a loss on my order if it’s a simple fix.
Sponsored