Which soft top would you get

• Total voters

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
The Trektop is the best upgrade for my Jeep by far. I love the fastback look, I love being able to take the windows out and run with the bikini top without the huge overhang of the OEM top which to me looks off for some reason. The Trektop has a slight overhand but looks much better in my opinion. Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light. As far as the back seats are concerned, you're right, they remain covered. If the forecast was clear and sunny for a few days and my kids were planning on riding back there, I would go through the effort of rolling back the Trektop but haven't done it yet. Here is my daily ride, love it.....

Door8.jpg
Please tell me about where you got the back doors and the rear cargo cover?
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Nice!! Does the whole top fold down like it did in the JK models?
That's as far as you can drop it. I wish more but no cigar. Lol

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder

Sponsored

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I PM’d another user, that had discussed their Trektop, some questions. I didn’t receive a reply, so I’ll just copy/paste the message below for anyone with a Trektop:

“I saw your post about your Trektop and had a couple questions. I received one of the first ones mailed out, and I have some problems with it. First, when running in safari mode with the windows up, do you ever hear a loud flapping at highway speeds? Second, when everything is sealed and all windows are up, do you ever hear the metal from the arms slightly raising with wind and falling back down, sounding like a slight metal vibration type noise? I’ve also had my rear window flap loudly on several occasions.

I’m just trying to work out the bugs with this thing, because I love the functionality and look of it, but these issues are driving me up the wall.”

So can anyone help me out with this? I’d like to know if I just received a dud (maybe the fabric wasn’t tight enough), or if my expectations are too high. Thanks for any help!

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
My Trektop does not flap. They did send me an extra seal for the bottom of the rear window but it wasn't due to flapping. I did take extra time during install to make sure everything was lined up perfectly and the fabric was tight.

Also, you do not need to completely disassemble it to remove it for winter. Take out the 12 large torx bolts and the entire thing lifts off.

IMO, both tops are good. They are just different.

Lake 19 (2).jpg

-Eli

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My Trektop does not flap. They did send me an extra seal for the bottom of the rear window but it wasn't due to flapping. I did take extra time during install to make sure everything was lined up perfectly and the fabric was tight.

Also, you do not need to completely disassemble it to remove it for winter. Take out the 12 large torx bolts and the entire thing lifts off.

IMO, both tops are good. They are just different.

Lake 19 (2).jpg

-Eli
I’ve retightened the fabric a couple times as the weather has heated up. Do you ever hear the metal articulating arms clang a little bit with the wind when driving at highway speeds?

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I’ve retightened the fabric a couple times as the weather has heated up. Do you ever hear the metal articulating arms clang a little bit with the wind when driving at highway speeds?
No. However, soft tops are never going to be silent.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know anything about the suntop? Looks like extreme terrain is discontinuing the product. I really like the design. Not sure about the quality, can’t find any reviews.

http://www.thesuntop.com/product/cargo-top-jl4.aspx
I sent multiple emails to suntop trying to figure out price, where, how to get there product here in the US (it's a Italian Company). All with no replies. I really like the look of them and would love to see more details. Did you find a JL version on Extreme Terrain?

ParthianShot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No. However, soft tops are never going to be silent.
Oh I by no means expect that. I came from the factory soft top, so I don’t have unreasonable expectations. I may have just got a first-run where the fabric was slightly enlarged, which is allowing it to move more. I guess I should follow up with @BestopTeam

Hollywood

First Name
Mark Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I sent multiple emails to suntop trying to figure out price, where, how to get there product here in the US (it's a Italian Company). All with no replies. I really like the look of them and would love to see more details. Did you find a JL version on Extreme Terrain?
Extreme terrain said they were discontinuing the suntop line. They won’t be getting anything for the JL