Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light.
If I may add, this ability to open and close the top without leaving the JL makes it desired on this attribute, along with Bestop's Sunrider product for hard tops, over the OEM soft top. Clearly there are other factors though, like the OEM's soft top;s larger cargo area.

People who do highway driving in areas known for summer thunderstorms tend to agree. Such driving sometimes makes for less places to safely pull over, get out, and close the OEM top as a rapidly moving storm's speed is compounded if traveling in the opposite direction to your high speed movement.

Of course (with money) the later can also me addressed with the OEM power top and Mytop's soon to be released soft top for the JL; the latter featuring a similar fast back look to Bestop's Trex aftermarket soft top offering.

https://mytop.us/
Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
The Trektop is the best upgrade for my Jeep by far. I love the fastback look, I love being able to take the windows out and run with the bikini top without the huge overhang of the OEM top which to me looks off for some reason. The Trektop has a slight overhand but looks much better in my opinion. Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light. As far as the back seats are concerned, you're right, they remain covered. If the forecast was clear and sunny for a few days and my kids were planning on riding back there, I would go through the effort of rolling back the Trektop but haven't done it yet. Here is my daily ride, love it.....

Door8.jpg
Nice set-up with the rear 1/2 doors :like:

Its that the Tuffy rear secure trunk and a wind jammer?

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I just put on the factory soft top.

I sorta wish I would have gotten a Trektop. I love the looks of the trek top both in all covered mode and in safari mode. Love the fact that you can use the sunrider feature while seated in the vehicle. Definitely can't do that with the factory soft top. Also like the fact they put those pockets on the top for storage inside vehicle.

The factory soft top is at least as quiet as the freedom panels (I think quieter actually but that seems crazy to say...) and I do like dropping the top all the way down.

BadgeYFZ450

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I ordered one last week. Took Saturday off work to instal it for my wife for an Easter gift. Opened the box and found it was missing the first part needed to install. Started looking and realized they forgot a parts kit in the box. I was upset. It’s not a cheap item to purchase and to gets day off of work isn’t easy. I called them first thing this morning and was told I needed to email them and include a copy of my receipt. Jasmine said she needed to go to the warehouse and see if they had the parts kit because they are in such demand, that they may not have them. I was advised to send the email with attention Jasmine on it. I did that and received a automatic email response telling me it may take 2 days to respond. I don’t think I should have to wait for parts. I don’t care if you have to open a box you have in the warehouse to get the parts! The right thing to do would be to overnight me the parts now. I am so disappointed in their customer service.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The Bestop Trektops are having flapping issues on the rear tailgate seal. At this time I would avoid as it drives you mad on the highway. We'll see if Bestop sorts this out; so far their "fix" has been an extra piece that falls off and doesn't work well.

So at this time if you want a functional soft-top the MOPAR one is the only game in town.

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I purchased a Trektop for my JLU 2 weeks ago and have been using it since. I absolutely love it. I was concerned after reading the issues about the back seal and flapping of the rear window but that has not been a problem at all for me even doing 85 on the highway. And we also got a ton of rain here in Michigan and 0 leakage over the first couple weeks with the top. I absolutely love being able to flip the top back at a stop light without even having to leave the drivers seat. I’m not a big fan of the fast back look but I think it looks fine and I wanted the functionality of being able to flip the top back from inside the Jeep over the full rear cargo area like you would get with the factory soft top. Also don’t mind the rear seats being covered by the top. I also like the look of removing the rear windows (which come off very easily takes <2 min) and leaving the top closed - Cuts the wind on the highway - and then I will flip it back open when I’m on 55mph roads. Overall really enjoying the top so far and glad I went with the Trektop over factory. Also install was pretty simple - took me and a friend 3 hours using the instructions as well as the instructional video (which I would highly recommend having open while installing). The 10% forum discount along with the $50 rebate is a plus as well.

Taurian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide
I purchased a Trektop for my JLU 2 weeks ago and have been using it since. I absolutely love it. I was concerned after reading the issues about the back seal and flapping of the rear window but that has not been a problem at all for me even doing 85 on the highway. And we also got a ton of rain here in Michigan and 0 leakage over the first couple weeks with the top. I absolutely love being able to flip the top back at a stop light without even having to leave the drivers seat. I’m not a big fan of the fast back look but I think it looks fine and I wanted the functionality of being able to flip the top back from inside the Jeep over the full rear cargo area like you would get with the factory soft top. Also don’t mind the rear seats being covered by the top. I also like the look of removing the rear windows (which come off very easily takes <2 min) and leaving the top closed - Cuts the wind on the highway - and then I will flip it back open when I’m on 55mph roads. Overall really enjoying the top so far and glad I went with the Trektop over factory. Also install was pretty simple - took me and a friend 3 hours using the instructions as well as the instructional video (which I would highly recommend having open while installing). The 10% forum discount along with the $50 rebate is a plus as well.
What forum discount....who did you order it with?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
I had the NX on one of my JK's a few years back. For the most part, I liked it and it was functional. I didn't like the support bars across the seating areas. I also wasn't a fan of the reduced space in cargo area.

I recently considered going with the new NX in twill for the JL. But once I saw the OEM design (and how they improved on it from the JK), my decision was made... I just took delivery of the OEM top.

cinap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Do you live in a cold climate where you will be swapping out for hard/soft top in winter/summer? If so, I can tell you what conclusion I came to. The NX looks to be much more complicated to swap in and out compared to the factory one. You’ll only be doing it twice a year, but add in the fact that the NX doesn’t complete fold back and I was sold on the factory top. I was so torn between them, but the ease of swapping the factory compared to the NX is what finally did it for me.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Trektop is the best upgrade for my Jeep by far. I love the fastback look, I love being able to take the windows out and run with the bikini top without the huge overhang of the OEM top which to me looks off for some reason. The Trektop has a slight overhand but looks much better in my opinion. Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light. As far as the back seats are concerned, you're right, they remain covered. If the forecast was clear and sunny for a few days and my kids were planning on riding back there, I would go through the effort of rolling back the Trektop but haven't done it yet. Here is my daily ride, love it.....

Door8.jpg
I like those rear half doors,you made a pick up truck, cool look !

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I prefer the TrekTop NX. Most of the year I don't have the windows in so there is no loss in cargo area. I prefer the Trektop covering the back seats when folded because I can't see it above/behind me. To me, it's like it isn't even there where the factory soft top blocks a lot of the rear view when folded down. Also, it is difficult for my dog to get in the back when the factory soft top is folded down.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
The Bestop Trektops are having flapping issues on the rear tailgate seal. At this time I would avoid as it drives you mad on the highway. We'll see if Bestop sorts this out; so far their "fix" has been an extra piece that falls off and doesn't work well.

So at this time if you want a functional soft-top the MOPAR one is the only game in town.
I don't have any flapping noises but mines a 2 door if that makes a difference. It's actually really quiet.

Woofandwag

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2 DR

Door8.jpg
Someone mentioned about the top not folding all the way back...Is this true?? I have a 2 dr, and there aren't any pictures of them yet??

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Someone mentioned about the top not folding all the way back...Is this true?? I have a 2 dr, and there aren't any pictures of them yet??
This is what you get.

20190421_190626.jpg
Sponsored