rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have been thinking about ordering the best top trek top Nx for my Jeep I really like the Look. I do have the factory soft top still in the box that I never installed but now the warm weather is coming so I need to pick factory soft top or the Best top nx anyone have the best top any opinions on both would be a great help.
82215805-_2.jpg
56863-.jpg
Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Went through the same dilemma. I had a Trektop on my JKR before I traded it in the for JLUR. With the Trektop for my JKR, there was a way to completely roll it up as if it was a true topless Jeep. From my understanding, you can not do that with the JL Trektop. I want to be able to have that complete open air feeling...I got a GREAT deal on a Mopar premium soft top, so I got it. Absolutely loving it.

IMG-3012.JPG

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
If you've already got the Factory top, use that one.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you like the look of the trektop, get it, sell your Mopar top, and pocket the profit.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are you asking about quality? Because Best top makes the OEM tops. Style wise, then that's whatever you like. Hopefully, I copied this link for you correctly. It's the Best top JL Summit.

https://www.quadratec.com/c/video/b...-bestop-baja-designs-tuffy-security-prp-seats
Yes Bestop makes them, but they are not exactly the same. The OEM top uses a slightly better fabric than the aftermarket Bestop branded ones. FCA is the only one allowed to sell the OEM-specific fabric.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so on the fence about this too! I don't mind the look of both tops. I really want to be able to go fully topless before anyone makes the comment, I have passengers/kids that ride in the back seat that want to enjoy the open air feel too. However, I can't see shelling out the the money for a top I'm only planning on using during the summer months. it'd be nice if someone would create a similar soft top that can pop on and off quickly.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Never understood why anyone would cut down their cargo space back there by angling the roof down, but I guess it’s a personal preference thing...

Onyx Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Bestop makes them, but they are not exactly the same. The OEM top uses a slightly better fabric than the aftermarket Bestop branded ones. FCA is the only one allowed to sell the OEM-specific fabric.
The difference in quality is minimal. Certainly not worth the difference in price.

sundevil827

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Never understood why anyone would cut down their cargo space back there by angling the roof down, but I guess it’s a personal preference thing...
Because I don't really care about the cargo space?

I have however seen and had windows broken because the trails I was on had lots of trees, or required some tight off-camber turns where folks with standard soft tops, and hard tops suffered trail damage. Is it an everyday thing? Not at all, but since it's not a daily driver, I'd rather come back with as little trail damage as possible.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the factory soft top look and I would not want to mess with cargo space in any way.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
In all of these discussions of factory soft top versus the Trektop, my main question is always: do you want the ability to put the top fully down or not? For me, my soft top is on in the spring/summer/fall for one reason: to be fully down 99% of the time, and to be put up quickly in the event of rain.

The Trektop strikes me more as a full-time option for people who don't want/care about having the top fully down. I think I read somewhere else that there is a way to get the Trektop mostly open, but it looks kinda wonky and is probably much more of a hassle than the factory top. The picture I saw had the top bunched up over the back-middle of the jeep.

Also, I'm just not a fan of the fastback look. To me, jeeps are boxes and should look like boxes lol

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Was going to order the Bestop Trektop until I saw they have their name plastered on the back deck :(

I'm fine with the tag/label that used to be stitched to a side window on previous Trektops, but their name embroidered (in white) above the rear window is a deal breaker for me.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Was going to order the Bestop Trektop until I saw they have their name plastered on the back deck :(

I'm fine with the tag/label that used to be stitched to a side window on previous Trektops, but their name embroidered (in white) above the rear window is a deal breaker for me.
That bothered me as well but it's easy to fix by taping it and a light spray with black spray paint.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I have been thinking about ordering the best top trek top Nx for my Jeep I really like the Look. I do have the factory soft top still in the box that I never installed but now the warm weather is coming so I need to pick factory soft top or the Best top nx anyone have the best top any opinions on both would be a great help.
82215805-_2.jpg
56863-.jpg
The Trektop is the best upgrade for my Jeep by far. I love the fastback look, I love being able to take the windows out and run with the bikini top without the huge overhang of the OEM top which to me looks off for some reason. The Trektop has a slight overhand but looks much better in my opinion. Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light. As far as the back seats are concerned, you're right, they remain covered. If the forecast was clear and sunny for a few days and my kids were planning on riding back there, I would go through the effort of rolling back the Trektop but haven't done it yet. Here is my daily ride, love it.....

Door8.jpg
Sponsored