1. rs680

rs680 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I have been thinking about ordering the best top trek top Nx for my Jeep I really like the Look. I do have the factory soft top still in the box that I never installed but now the warm weather is coming so I need to pick factory soft top or the Best top nx anyone have the best top any opinions on both would be a great help.82215805-_2.jpg 56863-.jpg

ScottyD-NJ likes this.
  2. TimR

TimR Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Went through the same dilemma. I had a Trektop on my JKR before I traded it in the for JLUR. With the Trektop for my JKR, there was a way to completely roll it up as if it was a true topless Jeep. From my understanding, you can not do that with the JL Trektop. I want to be able to have that complete open air feeling...I got a GREAT deal on a Mopar premium soft top, so I got it. Absolutely loving it.

IMG-3012.JPG

Kraty1, Command Line RC and otter3591 like this.
  3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brandy
    Vehicle(s):
    17 JKU, 19 JL
    Liked:
    Command Line RC and Sean L like this.
  4. Sean L

Sean L Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    If you've already got the Factory top, use that one.

Bearded_Dragon likes this.
  5. mwilk012

mwilk012 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    USN
    If you like the look of the trektop, get it, sell your Mopar top, and pocket the profit.

6. SecondTJ

SecondTJ Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep
    Liked:
    Yes Bestop makes them, but they are not exactly the same. The OEM top uses a slightly better fabric than the aftermarket Bestop branded ones. FCA is the only one allowed to sell the OEM-specific fabric.

four low, Kahdir and GreyFox like this.
  7. Jabarsetti

Jabarsetti Well-Known Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR-Sting Gray
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I'm so on the fence about this too! I don't mind the look of both tops. I really want to be able to go fully topless before anyone makes the comment, I have passengers/kids that ride in the back seat that want to enjoy the open air feel too. However, I can't see shelling out the the money for a top I'm only planning on using during the summer months. it'd be nice if someone would create a similar soft top that can pop on and off quickly.

8. multicam

multicam Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tanner
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Never understood why anyone would cut down their cargo space back there by angling the roof down, but I guess it’s a personal preference thing...

Bearded_Dragon likes this.
  9. Onyx Dragon

Onyx Dragon Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 1999 Xj, 2001 Trans Am
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    The difference in quality is minimal. Certainly not worth the difference in price.

10. sundevil827

sundevil827 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Rubicon
    Liked:
    Because I don't really care about the cargo space?

I have however seen and had windows broken because the trails I was on had lots of trees, or required some tight off-camber turns where folks with standard soft tops, and hard tops suffered trail damage. Is it an everyday thing? Not at all, but since it's not a daily driver, I'd rather come back with as little trail damage as possible.

11. 1quick1

1quick1 Moderator

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I prefer the factory soft top look and I would not want to mess with cargo space in any way.

Jeepsmashin likes this.
  12. rallydefault

rallydefault Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '18 JLU Sport
    Liked:
    In all of these discussions of factory soft top versus the Trektop, my main question is always: do you want the ability to put the top fully down or not? For me, my soft top is on in the spring/summer/fall for one reason: to be fully down 99% of the time, and to be put up quickly in the event of rain.

The Trektop strikes me more as a full-time option for people who don't want/care about having the top fully down. I think I read somewhere else that there is a way to get the Trektop mostly open, but it looks kinda wonky and is probably much more of a hassle than the factory top. The picture I saw had the top bunched up over the back-middle of the jeep.

Also, I'm just not a fan of the fastback look. To me, jeeps are boxes and should look like boxes lol

13. Kahdir

Kahdir Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
    Liked:
    Was going to order the Bestop Trektop until I saw they have their name plastered on the back deck :(

I'm fine with the tag/label that used to be stitched to a side window on previous Trektops, but their name embroidered (in white) above the rear window is a deal breaker for me.

four low, wordslayer and Sean L like this.
  14. COBoarder

COBoarder Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jamie
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
    Liked:
    That bothered me as well but it's easy to fix by taping it and a light spray with black spray paint.

Kahdir likes this.
  15. COBoarder

COBoarder Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jamie
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
    Liked:
    The Trektop is the best upgrade for my Jeep by far. I love the fastback look, I love being able to take the windows out and run with the bikini top without the huge overhang of the OEM top which to me looks off for some reason. The Trektop has a slight overhand but looks much better in my opinion. Also, I love being able to flip the front seat portion back or bring it forward at a light. As far as the back seats are concerned, you're right, they remain covered. If the forecast was clear and sunny for a few days and my kids were planning on riding back there, I would go through the effort of rolling back the Trektop but haven't done it yet. Here is my daily ride, love it.....

Door8.jpg