thefrog

thefrog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6 speed manual
First the good news. They are covering the repair 100% under warranty (confirmed rear main seal).

The bad news. Still not ready after 4 full days in the shop (they had all the parts in stock too).

My service tech is nice enough but keeps making promises he can't keep. "Definitely ready by tomorrow" etc... He called me back yesterday and informed me that they broke something while trying to put everything back together. I think he said something about some vent hoses braking and not having those parts in until Friday morning...

Anyway, I'm quite relieved I'm not paying for this repair. On the other hand, not having my Jeep back yet is annoying - especially not having the right expectations set day after day.

I'm in a retail customer service business myself. You ALWAYS under promise and over deliver!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
First the good news. They are covering the repair 100% under warranty (confirmed rear main seal).

The bad news. Still not ready after 4 full days in the shop (they had all the parts in stock too).

My service tech is nice enough but keeps making promises he can't keep. "Definitely ready by tomorrow" etc... He called me back yesterday and informed me that they broke something while trying to put everything back together. I think he said something about some vent hoses braking and not having those parts in until Friday morning...

Anyway, I'm quite relieved I'm not paying for this repair. On the other hand, not having my Jeep back yet is annoying - especially not having the right expectations set day after day.

I'm in a retail customer service business myself. You ALWAYS under promise and over deliver!
Any updates?

OP
OP
thefrog

thefrog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6 speed manual
Any updates?
Yes. It's fixed - no charge.

They did however re-activate the sirius xm trial without my permission. That REALLY pissed me off. Sirius is one of the most vile and aggressive companies on the planet IMO...

Anyway, I'm just relieved it's fixed.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. It's fixed - no charge.

They did however re-activate the sirius xm trial without my permission. That REALLY pissed me off. Sirius is one of the most vile and aggressive companies on the planet IMO...

Anyway, I'm just relieved it's fixed.
They are for sure lol. Sometimes I have to hang up on them since they won't listen when I say I'm not interested
Sponsored