Sponsored

Should I add remote proximity keyless entry??

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
@SirPedro I got my wrangler last week, and last minute added keyless entry while ordering (was told 8-12 weeks, it took 8).

Absolutely love it - works on the swing gate too (it cost $465) after 5% under invoice for me.
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
When you walk up to the Jeep dripping wet in your waders and the fob is in your pants pocket you’ll appreciate proximity unlock.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
My Grand Cherokee has it and my Wrangler does not. Like you, I was trying to draw the line somewhere. I chose poorly and am now shopping for parts to do the retrofit.
Proximity keyless sounds like something you can live without - but once you get used too it, it's hard to dig out the key fob to unlock.
i agree didn’t get it in my last wrangler and am used to it now and getting the giant key fob out all the time is annoying

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I have never had proximity keyless entry before. When ordering my Jeep, I was not going to order it. The sales guy brought it up and I said no thinking I am spending enough already. I slept on it and I call the dealer back the next day and added it to my order.

Sponsored

Evo8

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
foxbody / m3 / civic si / tacoma / yj / jl
I was in the same boat as you when I was building my 21 JLUR a few months back. I added it and no regrets! Now my DD doesn’t have it and I sure wish it did lol. Get it

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I will never buy another vehicle without this feature. Its so damn convenient. If you had a physical key to turn in the ignition, it's not really necessary. But with the push button starts, you have to unlock with the fob and then put it back in your pocket. Obviously this is a first world problem, but never having to remove the key from your pocket is just fantastic.

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Take the doors off. You will never need the proximity locks.

Hey, someone had to be the wise guy.:CWL::giggle:
+1 on this! 😂😂

However, I very rarely lock my Jeep at all. I have a manual, which is essentially an anti-theft device. Plus, I figure if a thief really wants inside my Jeep when the doors and top are on, they won’t be deterred. I may make myself an easier target, but I don’t keep anything of value in the Jeep…and I don’t want to deal with a broken window or a sliced up soft top.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
+1 on this! 😂😂

However, I very rarely lock my Jeep at all. I have a manual, which is essentially an anti-theft device. Plus, I figure if a thief really wants inside my Jeep when the doors and top are on, they won’t be deterred. I may make myself an easier target, but I don’t keep anything of value in the Jeep…and I don’t want to deal with a broken window or a sliced up soft top.
This is how my race car is. I'm daily driving it while I wait on my ordered Ram to come in. It's got basically all the electronics removed, including the receiver for the keyfob inputs. Anyone who walks up to the car to find some stuff to steal on the inside will be sorely disappointed.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I was told there are several stages once the order is placed.....and apparently I am still in a stage to add or make a changes.....dealer said factory is saying minimum 3 month wait right now too. 👎🏻
Don't let that discourage you. We were told 8-10 weeks, but yesterday we got news it is built and headed to dealer with an eta between yesterday and the 15th. Ordered 2/6, so a fairly quick build process for our JLURD.

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Don't let that discourage you. We were told 8-10 weeks, but yesterday we got news it is built and headed to dealer with an eta between yesterday and the 15th. Ordered 2/6, so a fairly quick build process for our JLURD.
DAMN!!

I ordered my Ram 3500 on 2/4, wish mine was that fast!

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
I drew the line and didn't order it, because I did without it for years (my Tacoma had it, though)... what I didn't consider is that since it's keyless start, there is no need to reach into my pocket for the key except to unlock it... so I'd never do without proximity entry unless the vehicle had a keyed ignition switch
Sponsored