Sponsored

Shottenkirk Prosper CDJR, Fraudsters and cheats!

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 11/8/21 from Shottenkirk Prosper CDJR, agreed on a price and gave a deposit. Vehicle was built and being delivered 1/5-1/18. Dealership decided not to honor the price and wanted to raise the sales price $5,000. Filing a complaint with Chrysler and others. Buyer beware!
Prosper in North Texas? I live close to there. Denton Jeep is the best in the area. I heard things when they were building the Prosper one that they were crooks from their other dealerships. Sorry you got screwed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pigtrailrv

Pigtrailrv

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 2D Rubicon, 2023 392 JLU
Occupation
Retired
Prosper in North Texas? I live close to there. Denton Jeep is the best in the area. I heard things when they were building the Prosper one that they were crooks from their other dealerships. Sorry you got screwed.
Northside of Dallas. They are most definitely crooks.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Yes, it’s on 380 just west of the tollway.

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I'm not suing anyone. It's not worth my time. I only have emails from the salesperson with pricing and the order form. They are supposed to refund my $1000 tomorrow. If they don't refund my money I will get an attorney. The salesperson I dealt with has quit his job over this treatment of customers and refusal to honor their commitments.

I am filing complaints with TxDMV, BBB, Chrysler, Texas Attorney General, reviews on Google, Carguru, dealer rater, etc. At least someone else may be warned.
Was Tyler Eggers your sales person?

Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on 11/8/21 from Shottenkirk Prosper CDJR, agreed on a price and gave a deposit. Vehicle was built and being delivered 1/5-1/18. Dealership decided not to honor the price and wanted to raise the sales price $5,000. Filing a complaint with Chrysler and others. Buyer beware!
It’s especially bad because they‘re a brand new dealership that just opened a few months ago. Greed and deception are not good traits to build a business on.
They also do a $2,000 markup on all vehicles for a valueless add on. It covers window chips but not cracks, tire damage that can be patched(but nothing else), dent repair if there is no paint damage, and a few other things that have no value to the customer what so ever.

Shottenkirk(Propser Jeep) seems to have joined the ranks of the Frisco Jeep dealership and should be avoided.
They have a name for businesses like this... Car dearlerships! Unfortunately it been this way since the first one opened.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they have you fill out a pdf and email to them. So OP may have some documentation that will work. I investigated their offer when their details started popping up on the forum since they were local. All their fees kinda turned me off.
Just to clarify. I am referencing Prosper, TX dealer not Gupton.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
I'm not suing anyone. It's not worth my time. I only have emails from the salesperson with pricing and the order form. They are supposed to refund my $1000 tomorrow. If they don't refund my money I will get an attorney. The salesperson I dealt with has quit his job over this treatment of customers and refusal to honor their commitments.

I am filing complaints with TxDMV, BBB, Chrysler, Texas Attorney General, reviews on Google, Carguru, dealer rater, etc. At least someone else may be warned.
We should all just start randomly calling Prosper over the next several days and ask if F'ing over customers is their preferred business strategy because if it isn't the forum says otherwise! :rock:

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Raise hell! You had a "meeting of the minds" with the dealer and placed a deposit which secured your right to the benefit of the bargain. The dealer can't unilaterally raise his price because he feels like it. If you had cancelled the agreement, they would keep your deposit. So the dealer cannot have it both ways. Report him to FCA and threaten to sue their slimy business.
Unfortunately there is nothing the OP can do except get his/her deposit back. The dealership can raise the price if they want to, having it in writing means nothing. Now if the dealership refuses to refund the deposit, then the OP has some recourse.

FWIW -I’ve had a very good experience so far with my order from Denton Jeep. Contact Charlie Nunley - Sales Director.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Unfortunately there is nothing the OP can do except get his/her deposit back. The dealership can raise the price if they want to, having it in writing means nothing. Now if the dealership refuses to refund the deposit, then the OP has some recourse.

FWIW -I’ve had a very good experience so far with my order from Denton Jeep. Contact Charlie Nunley - Sales Director.
That is not entirely true. A consumer even in this market still has the power.
If I were him, I wouldn’t take the deposit. Contact FCA customer service right away. Open a case with them, and see where this go. I am fairly certain they will make something happen for him.

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
That is not entirely true. A consumer even in this market still has the power.
If I were him, I wouldn’t take the deposit. Contact FCA customer service right away. Open a case with them, and see where this go. I am fairly certain they will make something happen for him.
FCA won't/can't do anything. Dealerships are independent franchises and can do as they please. The vehicle is being sold to the dealership by FCA, they are then re-selling the vehicle, and as now the owner of the vehicle they are free to adjust the price. The OP can either pay the higher price or take the deposit back and purchase/order somewhere else.

This is happening all over the place with various makes/models of vehicles. I had this happen when I ordered a limited production vehicle, waited over a year for it to finally come in and the dealership said sorry the new price is $15k over what we agreed on. My only recourse was to get my $7k deposit refunded, and the dealerhip cut me a check on the spot & told me to take a hike.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
FCA won't/can't do anything. Dealerships are independent franchises and can do as they please. The vehicle is being sold to the dealership by FCA, they are then re-selling the vehicle, and as now the owner of the vehicle they are free to adjust the price. The OP can either pay the higher price or take the deposit back and purchase/order somewhere else.

This is happening all over the place with various makes/models of vehicles. I had this happen when I ordered a limited production vehicle, waited over a year for it to finally come in and the dealership said sorry the new price is $15k over what we agreed on. My only recourse was to get my $7k deposit refunded, and the dealerhip cut me a check on the spot & told me to take a hike.
I'm not sure there isnt anything FCA can do. Pretty sure Ford has warned dealers about this practice and has threatened to cut dealer allocations as a penalty.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
An unfortunate truth about auto dealerships that has always been.

Seller's market, no buyer's power. Only way to stick it to the dealers is buy a Tesla or other manufacturer direct.

... remember when you had to buy computers from dealers? then direct sales from Dell and then Apple... HBOmax... winds are shifting, it can happen fast ask BlockBuster Video, you can't.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
I'm not sure there isnt anything FCA can do. Pretty sure Ford has warned dealers about this practice and has threatened to cut dealer allocations as a penalty.
It's no different than the dealer adding ADM to their retail stock vehicles, which more than a couple Jeep dealerships in the area have done (including this one). This practice has been going on for decades. FCA sells ~200k Wranglers a year, they're not going to care about 1 potential customer - sadly.

This same thing is going on with the C8 Corvette right now. Customers have been waiting over a year for the vehicle to come in & when it does the dealership now says it's $20k more take it or leave it. GM has altered the allocation system to look at days the vehicle is on the lot, but problem is the next guy in line buys the ordered car for the $20k mark up. Someone will buy the OP's order for the $5k over & the dealer will continue receiving their allocations.

Re: Ford, I've been reading a lot that dealers are getting around this with the Bronco by titling the vehicles and then selling them as used with a couple hundred miles on them with huge mark ups. :no:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro

You realize they probably already have it sold for the price they tried to charge you, right?
Sponsored